Granduer JS ? and Pictures

We are booked in a corner JS on the Grandeur next month. We were docked next to her earlier this year and I took a picture of the aft just to show how big the corner deck 7 JS's are. :)

I don't have a web-based photo site so this won't be a huge picture, but you should get some idea just how big the balconies are. Can't wait to sail out of Venice on that lovely balcony :D

IMG_5804.jpg.24a902c27c273398a0603e7721dfd623.jpg

IMG_5805.jpg.334b711ff8949f34a7dd7321b7a8294f.jpg

We are booked in a corner JS on the Grandeur next month. We were docked next to her earlier this year and I took a picture of the aft just to show how big the corner deck 7 JS's are. :)

I don't have a web-based photo site so this won't be a huge picture, but you should get some idea just how big the balconies are. Can't wait to sail out of Venice on that lovely balcony :D

Thanks the pictures do the job. Hopefully one of the corners will still be open next week so when we do an onboard booking.

Thanks the pictures do the job. Hopefully one of the corners will still be open next week so when we do an onboard booking.

Glad to help - those balconies look pretty amazing don't they? And the deck plans don't really show just how much bigger they are so people often book the centre ones first, thinking they are the bigger ones.

Glad to help - those balconies look pretty amazing don't they? And the deck plans don't really show just how much bigger they are so people often book the centre ones first, thinking they are the bigger ones.

I won't tell if you don't tell. Thanks again.

I had a non-corner aft JS (7652) on the transatlantic on Grandeur this time last year. Great balcony (2 chairs, 2 tables, 2 loungers), but not as big as the corners, obviously. And I think the corner JSs have walk-in closets, which mine did not.

I did suffer some soot issues and water seemed to pool on one spot on my balcony, leaving a tide mark, but minor problems. Loved the room. I have some photos if it helps (I need to upload them from a computer I'm not at!).

Some reports when I was booking talked about noise from the lounge on deck 6, but I never really noticed it. Supposed to be worse on the port side (7150?) from memory.

Let me know if you'd like to see the photos :)

We'll be in one on deck 8 in July out of Venice. But mid-ship. Look for my review towards the end of July. I'll let you know all about it.

Does anyone know if the balcony dividers open up on the Grandeur? Looking forward to all the new improvements

We also were in 8088 on Grandeur. Very nice JS, HUGE balcony. Great aft view! No walk-in closet here. Balcony is big enough to host a good sized party. Negs . . . soot on balcony and, it's a long walk to anywhere if you have a walking problem. Yes, we would book it again.

No pole in 8088. But we did have a pole on Enchantment . . .

Rick and Deirdra

100_0785.jpg.729ff36ce4f0f2853bb16d7a8658f979.jpg

The Grandeur and the Enchantment are twins - at least they were until the Enchantment was stretched (all six Vision class ship were built in pairs - the other two pairs are Legend & Splendour and Rhapsody & Vision). The stretch did not change the aft any. Here are photos of 8070 taken earlier this year ...

D1-2.jpg

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

D1-5.jpg

D2-1.jpg

D2-2.jpg

continued ...

Some reports when I was booking talked about noise from the lounge on deck 6, but I never really noticed it. Supposed to be worse on the port side (7150?) from memory.

This is the cabin we'll be in and was a concern of ours when we booked but we decided the large balcony won over in the end. However, I notice from the new deck plans that they are putting the new Diamond Lounge at the back of the lounge and therefore directly under 7150 so perhaps this will block out some of the sound of music from the lounge later in the evening.

Fabulous pics, The Grumpus :D

This is the cabin we'll be in and was a concern of ours when we booked but we decided the large balcony won over in the end. However, I notice from the new deck plans that they are putting the new Diamond Lounge at the back of the lounge and therefore directly under 7150 so perhaps this will block out some of the sound of music from the lounge later in the evening.

Fabulous pics, The Grumpus :D

Good point, I'm sure you'll be fine in any case. I think the stage was that side in the old lounge, but as I say it never really bothered me. And you can have a snooze on that fabulous balcony if you do lose any sleep :)

OP - my pictures are almost identical with the ones Cuizer2 has posted, from memory (I'm still not at that computer!), so I'll only post any that add something.

Finally.... My interior photos of Grandeur 7652 are almost exactly the same as Cuizer2's, but here are a couple of the not particularly huge closet:

TransatlanticCruise005.jpg

TransatlanticCruise004.jpg

And a couple more of the balcony, just trying to show the depth a little more (it always gets foreshortened in shots from the cabin):

TransatlanticCruise065.jpg

TransatlanticCruise008.jpg

You can see some pooling of water in my balcony shots above. This sometimes led to a sooty tidemark (and if you look really closely, you can see some soot marks on the furniture):

TransatlanticCruise096.jpg

TransatlanticCruise095.jpg

But minor inconvenience when compared to the view :)

TransatlanticCruise033.jpg

The Grandeur and the Enchantment are twins - at least they were until the Enchantment was stretched (all six Vision class ship were built in pairs - the other two pairs are Legend & Splendour and Rhapsody & Vision). The stretch did not change the aft any. Here are photos of 8070 taken earlier this year ...

D1-2.jpg

D1-3.jpg

D1-4.jpg

D1-5.jpg

D2-1.jpg

D2-2.jpg

continued ...

Is that a coffee maker in the room? If so how much coffee do they provided and what brand? We are planning a trip on the Granduer in March of 2013 and going with a JS. Would like to get an aft but they are all gone already. Trying to decide the best time to book. Thanks for any info you can provide.

All JS now have a coffee maker in the room and a kettle to boil water for tea. In our JS we had a one cup coffee maker. They provide Seattle's Best coffee. Your room steward will keep you supplied with coffee, cream and sugar or sugar substitute.

Is that a coffee maker in the room? If so how much coffee do they provided and what brand? We are planning a trip on the Granduer in March of 2013 and going with a JS. Would like to get an aft but they are all gone already. Trying to decide the best time to book. Thanks for any info you can provide.

Yes, it is a coffee maker, which I allowed to stay out only until I took the photographs. After that I put it behind the TV, as I don't drink coffee (even if it is only 34 degrees outside). So, I can't answer any more of your questions.

However, I do have this picture ...

DSC_1411.jpg

Here is a closer view ...

DSC_1411-1.jpg

Here you can see the coffee set up peeking out from behind the TV, which is where I put it after I took the pictures ...

DSC_3067.jpg

Also, in case anyone thinks I was negligent in not taking a picture of the closet - I did ...

DSC_1397.jpg

And if you want to know where the cabin steward hides the bed spread when (s)he turns down the bed - here it is ...

DSC_1467.jpg

Finally, I found that if you rearranged the furniture a bit, the room will seem larger ...

DSC_1427.jpg

All JS now have a coffee maker in the room and a kettle to boil water for tea. In our JS we had a one cup coffee maker. They provide Seattle's Best coffee. Your room steward will keep you supplied with coffee, cream and sugar or sugar substitute.

Thank you so much for the quick and complete response. It has been awhile since we sailed in a suite but this will be a special time for us so decided to go for it.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Yes, it is a coffee maker, which I allowed to stay out only until I took the photographs. After that I put it behind the TV, as I don't drink coffee (even if it is only 34 degrees outside). So, I can't answer any more of your questions.

However, I do have this picture ...

DSC_1411.jpg

Here is a closer view ...

DSC_1411-1.jpg

Here you can see the coffee set up peeking out from behind the TV, which is where I put it after I took the pictures ...

DSC_3067.jpg

Also, in case anyone thinks I was negligent in not taking a picture of the closet - I did ...

DSC_1397.jpg

And if you want to know where the cabin steward hides the bed spread when (s)he turns down the bed - here it is ...

DSC_1467.jpg

Finally, I found that if you rearranged the furniture a bit, the room will seem larger ...

DSC_1427.jpg

Great pics. Thanks for sharing. Also I like what you did with the room to get more space.

Archived