Post your favorite sunrise/sunset photos...

Wow - great shots of the flash. I've been out on deck at sunset many times but so far, no luck.

I had two cameras set up and pushed burst at the exact instant of Sunset on both to get the pics. My DW and I both watched intently to see the flash but neither of us saw it with the naked eye, you know how happy we were when we checked the cameras. I had 5 good shots on the cards but like I said neither of us actually saw it happen. It took 9 sunsets before the clouds lifted off the horizon enough to even have a chance at the phenomenon.

Just Luck and good preparation.

I had two cameras set up and pushed burst at the exact instant of Sunset on both to get the pics. My DW and I both watched intently to see the flash but neither of us saw it with the naked eye, you know how happy we were when we checked the cameras. I had 5 good shots on the cards but like I said neither of us actually saw it happen. It took 9 sunsets before the clouds lifted off the horizon enough to even have a chance at the phenomenon.

Just Luck and good preparation.

I have burst mode on my camera so I'll have to try that if the weather cooperates on our next cruise.

Last week, after exiting Glacier Bay on the Golden Princess... It's more of a moonrise shot than a sunset shot, but it was about as close as it got (about 11 pm). Pentax K-30, 18-135, handheld :D

Jim

alaska_moonrise_by_roxndox-d7mpq12.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I really enjoy looking at all the pictures everyone posts here. I took these last week while on vacation (but not a cruise, this time).

Sunrise from Cherry Grove Beach, North Myrtle Beach:

IMG_1352_zps7a49c737.jpg

IMG_1326_zps9bbdc044.jpg

IMG_1328_zps3899f2ff.jpg

IMG_13322_zps28fab7c8.jpg