Cost Of Own Cabin On Carnival?

You will pay a single supplement on your cabin. Each cruise line does it different, you can pay anywhere from 1 1/2 times to 2 times the cabin fare. Best thing to do is ask your TA.

I always get a cabin to myself even though I sail with a group, I just like my space, I always get an inside cabin, since its cheaper.

Asking your TA is the best bet. I checked on one of the major travel websites. A single inside cabin in the worst possible location on the Imagination for July 18 is $1,100. (Two people in that cabin would be $1,572.) The third person fare for an outside cabin is about $600.

My teeny-tiny inside cabin on Carnival's Elation was only marked up about 35%, an extra $170 (total= $700 for a 7-day cruise). Royal Caribbean's similar cruise during the same week is a 90% supplement! $949 for a $509 list price.

The single supplement rates are different for each cruise line. I imagine that the time of year, whether high season or low, or the popularity of a ship and its route may make a difference as well.

I hope this is helpful. :)

Hi Extreme. Since you asked specifically about a 5-night Carnival cruise...

I'm a solo cruiser, and I've been on several 5-nighters on Carnival ships. The rates will vary with different ships, but basically:

Single supplement is 150% of the cabin rate for category 1A cabin (inside). Any category above that will be 200%.

On a few Carnival ships, you CAN get a cabin w/porthole for the single supplement. I've had cabins with one porthole, as well as two portholes for the 1A rate. You'll just have to check with your booking agent to get the figures and see if those cabins are available. They're usually located at the very front of the ship...which I don't mind at all. Much less hallway traffic, and I haven't felt any more movement there than in mid-ship cabins. (I always book w/a Carnival PVP.)

Hope this helps?:)

Archived