The pizza man

Does anyone have menus or ingredients lists for the pizza? I am hoping to sail the Star and, unfortunately, my travel companions have dietary restrictions. It would be so nice to be able to grab pizza. I am specifically looking for gluten free and vegan options.

I am so glad that I am not restricted in this fashion. It makes it very difficult to travel, or at least to travel without a debilitating stomach ache, or worse.

Thank you very much for any info you can provide.

OMG...I dream about the pizza from Alfredo's on the Grand. It was so delicious!!! Wish the Ruby had it...would love to have that everyday as we cross the Atlantic!!

Alfredo's Pizzeria reminded me very much of the great one on the Italian Sitmar ship I sailed in 1988. Unfortunately after Sitmar's Fairwind became Princess' Dawn Princess 6 months later the pizzeria was gone. Except for the Sun-class ships having a pizzeria for freshly made individual pizzas they have not been available until now. It may have taken Princess nearly 25 years to add pizzerias to their ships again, I guess it's better late than never! ;)

Alfredo's Pizzeria reminded me very much of the great one on the Italian Sitmar ship I sailed in 1988. Unfortunately after Sitmar's Fairwind became Princess' Dawn Princess 6 months later the pizzeria was gone. Except for the Sun-class ships having a pizzeria for freshly made individual pizzas they have not been available until now. It may have taken Princess nearly 25 years to add pizzerias to their ships again, I guess it's better late than never! ;)

Just an FYI... the original Crown and Regal Princess had dedicated pizzerias too.

Just an FYI... the original Crown and Regal Princess had dedicated pizzerias too.

I forgot about it being on our Regal cruise to Hawaii in 2004. :o

Hopefully they have not been removed from the Sun-class ships either.

Does anyone have menus or ingredients lists for the pizza? I am hoping to sail the Star and, unfortunately, my travel companions have dietary restrictions. It would be so nice to be able to grab pizza. I am specifically looking for gluten free and vegan options.

I am so glad that I am not restricted in this fashion. It makes it very difficult to travel, or at least to travel without a debilitating stomach ache, or worse.

Thank you very much for any info you can provide.

They do offer a gluten free version, but you need to wait for it to be made.

The on-deck Pizza counte offers a Margherita pizza daily with no toppings other than cheese and tomato sauce. On some days they have a vegetarian pizza.

Since a vegan option would require no cheese, I doubt there is any pizza for them on board.

If the friend needs special dough, a request is going to be needed to be made in advance and won't be fulfilled untilt he next day, I'd imagine, if the dough is made fresh every morning. Vegans can get a tomato sauce onyl other veg pizza but this is much easier to accommodate (and give the guy a tip!)

A long time ago, there was an Italian cruise line called Sitmar. Princess bought Sitmar and their chefs came over to Princess. Since that time, all Italian food onboard has had an authentic Italian flair, whether the pizza on deck or the (sadly, no longer made tableside but still excellent) Caesar salad, or the pastas (some of which are often prepared tableside by one of the dining room captains). Oh, and don't forget their homemade lemoncello liquor! Princess is the bomb for good Italian food!!

You are so right! LOVE Princess's fresh pastas. I often get them as an appetizer - they will bring a small plate. They also have some wonderful Italian cookies on Italian night that are fabulous!

....and, for a mear $5, you can have a whole pizza delivered to your cabin.

Has the pizza delivery charge gone up to $5 from the recent $3 charge for as many smaller personal size pizza? I considered having pizza delivered recently on the Island but read a post from a disappointed CC member who said it didn't arrive hot. :(

You are so right! LOVE Princess's fresh pastas. I often get them as an appetizer - they will bring a small plate. They also have some wonderful Italian cookies on Italian night that are fabulous!

Now this is one carryover from Sitmar that I'm very happy Princess continues today! :D

Most evenings I get an appetizer sized portion of the daily pasta because I can easily get soup or salad in the buffet but not their great daily pasta. Can you tell that I love pizza & pasta which must be a hereditary trait in me.

Now if they had cannolis without having to make a special request, it'd be like eating at my aunt's house. :D. I understand why they don't mass produce cannolis because the shell turns soft when prepared in advance which would be necessary to feed so many passengers.

Archived