early flight from singapore

Iwant2BatC

Would anyone who has had an early flight out of Singapore after arriving on a ship give me some pointers? We dock at 7 am and have booked a 9:25 am flight departure. Is this realistic? Thanks.

NO WAY....if you are flying international, check in is at least 2 hrs before flight..and they cut off check in 1 hr before flight..

Singapore traffic is heavy ..From airport to the cruise terminal, If you go by cab, the trip would be about half an hour.....and easier to get one from the airport, than the cruise port.

and just because they dock at 7..doesnt mean the ship is ready to unload you..they have to clear customs, you have to get your bags...

most cruiselines prefer you book air for after lunch..

crazy to have booked so early..:eek::eek::eek:

Would anyone who has had an early flight out of Singapore after arriving on a ship give me some pointers? We dock at 7 am and have booked a 9:25 am flight departure. Is this realistic? Thanks.

Not safe. Suggest you take a later flight.

Let me say that if you can somehow manage to get off the ship, clear Immigration & Customs and get your luggage and board a taxi by 0715, it would be almost certain that your taxi should be able to get you to Changi Airport by 0800hrs and then you can catch a 0925 flight.

So the question to ask is whether you can board the taxi by 0715, given that the ship is only scheduled to dock at 0700hrs.

I hope you can change your flight to a later one without too much expense because you definitely won't make a 9.30am. Sorry. I hope your cruise line didn't book this flight for you because they should know better.

Your flight is not doable.

You will probably not be off your ship until say around 8:30 PM at the earliest and then you have to get through Singapore customs and immigration which can be a long process. The drive to the airport is another 30 to 45 minutes or so. If it is an international flight you need to check in two hours prior to the flight.

You should select a flight for the afternoon.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...
Your TA thought this was a good idea? :eek: If you can't get a decent flight later in the day, how about staying overnight and catching that 9:25 flight the next morning? You won't have any problem getting to the airport then.

Archived