Wine Certificate

NCL just posted on their Facebook page a few minutes ago. They have a certificate on Facebook for a bottle of wine. Here's what it says:

Exclusively for Facebook fans sailing this summer! Bring this certificate with you on board and you will receive a complimentary bottle of wine, to toast to the start of your vacation, when you dine in a specialty restaurant on the first night of your cruise! (If you are not sailing this summer, not to worry, we will have additional fan exclusives for fall sailings and beyond as we get closer to those dates!)

NCL just posted on their Facebook page a few minutes ago. They have a certificate on Facebook for a bottle of wine. Here's what it says:

Exclusively for Facebook fans sailing this summer! Bring this certificate with you on board and you will receive a complimentary bottle of wine, to toast to the start of your vacation, when you dine in a specialty restaurant on the first night of your cruise! (If you are not sailing this summer, not to worry, we will have additional fan exclusives for fall sailings and beyond as we get closer to those dates!)

Also in the fine print, good for parties up to 8. I read it to say you get a bottle of wine for every 2 specialty restaurant cover charges so a party of 8 gets 4 bottles. If you have more than 2 guests, be sure each party brings their own coupon(s). Note it's for embarkation night only, not for cruises less than 3 days, etc.

It's probably Tisdale, the house wine. Trust me it does not taste good. You're better off bringing a nice bottle from home, paying the $15 corkage fee, and having your lobster in MDR! Won't even have a surcharge for a specialty restaurant.

It's probably Tisdale, the house wine. Trust me it does not taste good. You're better off bringing a nice bottle from home, paying the $15 corkage fee, and having your lobster in MDR! Won't even have a surcharge for a specialty restaurant.

We don't particularly like Tisdale either, but we've had good luck exchanging it (for an additional cost) for something we prefer.

I know from reading these boards that NCL follows them...so here's my question: What about NCL cruisers who for whatever reason are not on Facebook. Some of us have "liked" NCL long before anyone ever heard of Facebook. Any hope for us for special offers?

I know from reading these boards that NCL follows them...so here's my question: What about NCL cruisers who for whatever reason are not on Facebook. Some of us have "liked" NCL long before anyone ever heard of Facebook. Any hope for us for special offers?

Sure, just right click on the coupon above and print it out. There are enough of us on FB and CC to take care of those of you who won't FB.

We don't particularly like Tisdale either, but we've had good luck exchanging it (for an additional cost) for something we prefer.

Thank you that's a great tip. I did read something similar recently but that additional post now imprinted it on my forgetful brain! I will definitely do that. We get a house wine on every cruise from our TA.

Do you just bring it to a restaurant and ask for the swap? Do you only pay difference in cost and what does a bottle of Tisdale cost? (Probably $1 for NCL and $30 for us?)

In other words maybe I'll pay an additional $10 ish for a bottle of $40 wine on the menu? I have a feeling I won't get off that easily.

Probably Ed will freak out if I even try. I just bring it home to re-gift or donate for part of a fundraising raffle basket!

But I like the option to swap onboard.

They serve Tisdale at the Latitudes events also. About that. I always see others asking for different drinks. Is that ok. The silver and up and the other one. Mostly I see it at Silver and up. I guess its because there's more experience in NCL at those parties!

Thank you that's a great tip. I did read something similar recently but that additional post now imprinted it on my forgetful brain! I will definitely do that. We get a house wine on every cruise from our TA.

Do you just bring it to a restaurant and ask for the swap? Do you only pay difference in cost and what does a bottle of Tisdale cost? (Probably $1 for NCL and $30 for us?)

In other words maybe I'll pay an additional $10 ish for a bottle of $40 wine on the menu? I have a feeling I won't get off that easily.

Probably Ed will freak out if I even try. I just bring it home to re-gift or donate for part of a fundraising raffle basket!

But I like the option to swap onboard.

They serve Tisdale at the Latitudes events also. About that. I always see others asking for different drinks. Is that ok. The silver and up and the other one. Mostly I see it at Silver and up. I guess its because there's more experience in NCL at those parties!

Yes, just ask when ordering the wine. You can expect to pay around $10 to upgrade the wine.

As for the Latitudes party, you can ask the server for a drink of your choice.

That's been my experience, but Norwegian reserves the right to change their policies. I think it all depends upon the Hotel Director (which is why it's always a good idea to attend the Meet and Greet) and the directives he receives.

Note the further fine print - good only for every TWO cover charges - solo cruisers lose out.

Wonder if they'd let you pay two cover charges and get it. I mean - paying the extra $10-$20 is still cheaper than paying for a bottle of wine.

That seems far too logical though.

Archived