Shuttle buses

ancientmariner

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've just booked my first Celebrity "Wine Region" cruise on Constellation. The ship docks some way from the town in each port so I was wondering if Celebrity provide shuttle buses. If so, do they make a charge for this service?

Apologies if this has been asked before. I've just booked my first Celebrity "Wine Region" cruise on Constellation. The ship docks some way from the town in each port so I was wondering if Celebrity provide shuttle buses. If so, do they make a charge for this service?

Anybody have an answer for me?

It would help to know which ports, but the general rule is that if the port provides the shuttle to get you from the ship through the industrial parts of the facility, there is no charge. But if the shuttle is provided by a private contractor or arranged by Celebrity, there is a charge.

As OP said, the port will have a free shuttle to take you to the entrance of the port sometimes but very rarely into a city center. We found that most of the time shuttle service was provided for around $8 to $12 pp to get to civilization.

Sometimes, you are better off sharing a cab with someone. Other times, it is not that far a walk (and I am not a walker). Public buses are another alternative.

I remember being told in one city (can't remember which one but it was in Europe) that the city had offered a free shuttle to get passengers to the center and the cruise line declined them (lol).

You need to do research on the various ports but a ball park figure would be to budget $12 pp, per stop.

Tucker in Texas

Archived