Parking in New York City

go fish 44

For anyone driving to the cruise terminal .. Here is another parking option.

Last night I asked about parking at the NJ Weehawken Ferry Terminal on their FB page.

Can you park there for a 1 week stretch? We are going on a cruise and looking at parking options.

NY Waterway Yes you can!

2 hours ago

I seriously doubt anyone will find a lower parking cost in the NYC area.

If you park before 10am the rate is $10 per day after 10am $12. Their website also has a coupon for $2.00 off the posted rate.

http://www.nywaterway.com/PortImperialWeehawkenTerminal.aspx

The Weehawkin Ferry is located right on the Hudson River and docks just down from the cruise terminal at 12th and 39th. You can just grab a quick cab up to the cruise terminal.

How is the walk? Have you already used this parking place? If so how was it? Any problems??

We did it last week. No problems at all. the walk is about a half mile, and took 10 minutes. we only had two rolling bags and a shoulder bag so we both walked. If you have more lugage, than I guess dropping them off first would be easier

How is the walk? Have you already used this parking place? If so how was it? Any problems??

FYI - Caution - Discliamer / Fineprints for Alliance Parking (as noted at the bottom of its online website link -

* In addition, extra charge per day to apply to all SUV "XL" & any other veichle 181" or more in length + 70" or more in height & models 75" or higher regardless of length. Payable at the garage upon exit.

That extra charge is $10.00 per day - a compact/mid-size vehicle like a Toyota Corolla is fine at just under 180" long, but your Toyota Camry or Honda Accord.

Instead of $112.00 per week, it's now $182.00 per week with this 83% surcharge. It IS still cheaper than parking above the cruise terminal, just a heads up for all - ouch !!

Leaving for our East Caribbean cruise in 42 days, I've been looking at our options - either going to get someone to drop us off at our homeport or use our local car service from northeast Queens, the round trip will save us about half & come in around $100 w. tolls & tips for the driver, leaving the Honda in our own driveway for 10 days.

Archived