Have my FCC and I'm ready to book online...

imaboo

I know there are tons of posts about FCC's and I spent about 10 minutes on a search and reading through the results, but it's really painful to get a definitive answer that is also fairly recent. I want to book a short cruise for next month, so...

1. Do I book online and only give a deposit, then submit the FCC, then pay in full?

OR

2. Book online, pay in full and then submit the FCC?

The quandary is really about the definition of "New booking" and whether or not they will accept the FCC after I have already paid in full.

I called my PVP today to do the booking with her and had to leave a message. She didn't return my call and she only works M-F. I have a specific cabin in mind and don't want to lose the opportunity.

Advice please :)

Are you after final payment?? Im not sure why you are talking about paying final payment sounds like immediately.

The FCC is usually applied to the balance .. you pay a full deposit. If its past final payment, I paid in full and they gave me a choice of $100 extra OBC or $100 refund to my credit card.

Are you after final payment?? Im not sure why you are talking about paying final payment sounds like immediately.

The FCC is usually applied to the balance .. you pay a full deposit. If its past final payment, I paid in full and they gave me a choice of $100 extra OBC or $100 refund to my credit card.

Hey firefly :-)

I haven't actually booked it yet. I wanted to know if I should only pay a deposit and then apply the FCC - OR - pay in full and apply the FCC afterwards. I can pay in full now. The question is whether or not it will be considered a "new booking" by Carnival and the FCC will be accepted if it is already paid in full when the FCC is submitted.

Update:

I went to the web page where you enter your FCC info and it isn't working. I entered all the info and clicked 'submit' and nothing happened.

*sigh*

Guess I'll call my PVP on Monday...

(p.s. I build software for a living, so when I say 'nothing' happened I literally mean nothing. I may as well have been clicking on whitespace.)

Update:

I went to the web page where you enter your FCC info and it isn't working. I entered all the info and clicked 'submit' and nothing happened.

*sigh*

Guess I'll call my PVP on Monday...

(p.s. I build software for a living, so when I say 'nothing' happened I literally mean nothing. I may as well have been clicking on whitespace.)

you have to use internet explorer in compatibility mode

you have to use internet explorer in compatibility mode

You were right. FCC has been submitted now**.

**restraining myself from commentary about a company that size not keeping up with technology

You were right. FCC has been submitted now**.

**restraining myself from commentary about a company that size not keeping up with technology

Don't even get me started. I'm in IT and also a usability analyst. You can just imagine how much I shake my head when I'm subjected to Carnival's website. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I put in a FCV today online. When filliing out the form when it asked for name I put my first name and last name. A popup came up and said "Alphabets only." So apparently they think I typed in numerals.

After trying a few more times it finally took just my last name. In alphabets. :D

I put in a FCV today online. When filliing out the form when it asked for name I put my first name and last name. A popup came up and said "Alphabets only." So apparently they think I typed in numerals.

After trying a few more times it finally took just my last name. In alphabets. :D

Yeah, that happened to me too. It doesn't allow spaces in the "Requestor Name" field. I had to put my first and last name in there in camel case - lol.

I recently booked the Breeze for December online. I accidentally paid off the whole cruise instead of just the deposit (I forgot to check the other box). I was fine with that, but I had an FCC to ue. I just called them and they applied it over the phone. My OBC now shows and it also shows that my balance is $100 over the total that was due. I figure I will leave it on there and take it as extra credit.

Archived