Cruise Vacation Planner

Rochell

We've been using the same TA for 20 years, and we received the phone call and an e-mail from Princess Cruise Vacation Planner said she is our Cruise Vacation Planner out of the blue. Would you tell us what the Cruise Vacation Planner can do that TA can't?

Then we have no reason to switch to the Cruise Vacation Planner.;) Though we are wondering how come she decided to contact us after 21 cruises with Princess.:confused: Anyhow thank you very much for the explanation, Caribill and Paul929207!

Actually, if they are anything like the Carnival PVP's, they can dispense a lot of misinformation.

While the Carnival PVP's are good, for the most part, there are also credible reports of, shall we say, 'creative' answers given by some.

I would hope that this is not true of Princess...but I would be careful.

We've been using the same TA for 20 years, and we received the phone call and an e-mail from Princess Cruise Vacation Planner said she is our Cruise Vacation Planner out of the blue. Would you tell us what the Cruise Vacation Planner can do that TA can't?

You did not say whether or not you had a cruise booked. What prompted the phone call?

Last week, I was looking at a cruise line site and within minutes after I logged off, I got a phone call from a CVP from that cruise line. He told me he would help me with a cruise.

When I told him I was just looking around, he gave me his name and phone # and asked me to call him when I was ready to book. Then a few days ago I got a "note" in the mail from this person, thanking me for talking with him and again to please call him when I was ready to book.

After reading this post, perhaps that is what happened to you with Princess? Anyway, I have a really great TA and would always give him our bookings. And yes, he does give us perks. :) I am wondering now, is this another way for the cruise lines to cut out the middle man? Just a thought.

By the way, I have decided that when I go online from now on to cruise line sites, I will not login.:D

Last week, I was looking at a cruise line site and within minutes after I logged off, I got a phone call from a CVP from that cruise line. He told me he would help me with a cruise.

When I told him I was just looking around, he gave me his name and phone # and asked me to call him when I was ready to book. Then a few days ago I got a "note" in the mail from this person, thanking me for talking with him and again to please call him when I was ready to book.

That happens to me every time I just looked at a particular cruise line's web sitem although it may be a day later I get the phone call. As a result, I no longer look there and there is thus no chance I will sail with then.

You did not say whether or not you had a cruise booked. What prompted the phone call?

By the way, I have decided that when I go online from now on to cruise line sites, I will not login.:D

No, we don't have cruises booked right now. But I did checked their web for some info night before.:p So that's why!!! Though this never happened before.....One thing I didn't like was caller ID was blocked.

We have booked with local TA's, online TA's and the cruise lines directly.

We have been fortunate with all smooth sailings. One cruise we did get to the ship with 15min to spare - that was one time I was glad we booked the air through the cruise line but it taught us Always fly in the day before.

Our most recent cruise and our upcoming one have been booked direct .

Things just feel better this way.

panama

We have used the Princess Planner for our last few cruises and have received great personal service. Some information and resources she provided has worked out very well for us. We have booked both ways- each has its advantages. Our planner definitely knows the inner workings of the system and has helped us in ways a TA could not, although there are no coupon books and no unpublished discounts.

Archived