Let RCL pick my cabin?

Has anyone done this? It would be for a sailing in July, on either Freedom, Allure, or Oasis (we haven't decided!)

I am a first time cruiser.

I am afraid of motion sickness.

I don't really care about the cabin other than the motion sickness fear.

What would you do in my shoes?

Thanks!

Has anyone done this? It would be for a sailing in July, on either Freedom, Allure, or Oasis (we haven't decided!)

I am a first time cruiser.

I am afraid of motion sickness.

I don't really care about the cabin other than the motion sickness fear.

What would you do in my shoes?

Thanks!

If price is your main factor in cruising then thats the cheapest way to go. No need to fear the motion, there are meds for that. All 3 of those ships are great for a first cruise

keep in mind though...not all sailings have a Guarantee rate (where you book a category and they assign...)

So your only option might be to just pick a cabin. The downside of a guarantee category is that you could wind up with the worst cabin IN that category (not that it will be horrible..) The upside is that you might score an upgrade, but that doesn't always happen....

good luck, and enjoy your cruise!!

IF a guarantee rate is availble, I'd chance it since you don't care where your cabin is. Many sailings do NOT offer guarantee catagory rates. In that case, pick the cheapest catagory you can find.

If you decide to try it, watch for the cabin to be assigned by logging into the website. they may not assign it until you get to the pier, but usually you get it sooner. if you do get it sooner, note the category and check the deck plans and available cabins. If there is an available cabin you like better in your exact assigned category, call in. Royal Caribbean usually allows people to swap within the category. have a great first cruise.

Starry -

Thank you for the tip! Right now, RCL has a promotion where you buy a guaranteed oceanview and get a guarantee neighborhood balcony (on Allure of the Seas). I'm thinking that might be the way to go!

So we have chosen...Oasis of the Seas!

We haven't booked yet - we are waiting final confirmation that my husband has the vacation time - but Oasis actually worked out cheaper than FOS, and with a neighborhood balcony, Central Park, midship on deck 10. We have the cabin on hold.

THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread! I still think I would have loved FOS for the itinerary, but the ease of travel to FLL and the price made Oasis the best bet (Oasis is $200 cheaper per couple than Allure).

So we have chosen...Oasis of the Seas!

We haven't booked yet - we are waiting final confirmation that my husband has the vacation time - but Oasis actually worked out cheaper than FOS, and with a neighborhood balcony, Central Park, midship on deck 10. We have the cabin on hold.

THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this thread! I still think I would have loved FOS for the itinerary, but the ease of travel to FLL and the price made Oasis the best bet (Oasis is $200 cheaper per couple than Allure).

We had a Central Park balcony on deck 10, and it was a perfect location! (10585)

Archived