I arrive in FLL at 6 AM. What should I do

comfixit

I arrive from a red eye in FLL at 6am

Cruise boards at 11. Traveling with wife and 18 month old daughter. Any advice on the best way to kill some time?

There has to be better options than waiting in a cruise terminal for hours.

Thoughts?

when i cruise solo, I'll fly in the night before late, and I just kill the 10 hours or so in the airport. Find a quiet area or empty gate and nap. Or I'll do crossword puzzles, window shop, I can nap once I'm in my cabin before the muster drill. But if that's not an option with your little one, see if the airport has a hotel attached to it and find out if they have a day rate.

We've done this before two different ways.

Once we just found a quiet place in the airport arrival terminal and rested/played till around 11am when we headed over to the port.

Another time we booked a hotel for the previous night so we could come in, rest a bit, shower, then head to the port.

Do NOT head over to the port at that time as you'll be stuck outside in a big mess of arriving passengers.

I arrive from a red eye in FLL at 6am

Cruise boards at 11. Traveling with wife and 18 month old daughter. Any advice on the best way to kill some time?

There has to be better options than waiting in a cruise terminal for hours.

Thoughts?

You really only have two options..

Wait in the airport....(you can take the taxi to the cruiseport at 10am)

or

Take a taxi to 17th st. STARBUCKS..

You can have him drop you off at the strip malls. The problem with this, is other than breakfast places, not too much opens until 9 or 10am. AND

you would have to get ANOTHER taxi to take you to the port. (which would only be a 3 minute cab ride) but they do NOT let you walk thru....you must me in a vehicle and get checked in at the gate.

Have a nice breakfast at the airport and chill for a while before heading to the port around 10 or 10.30am.

Yes, by the time you gather your luggage, hit the restrooms, etc, it will be 7-7:30am. I would just have a leisurely breakfast (with a lot of coffee) and then hang out at a gate or another public area if your 18mo wants to run around a little. I'd head to the port around 10am.

I don't think there's a sit-down restaurant at the FLL airport, but if there is I'd have breakfast there. If not, find a free shuttle to a hotel (that has a restaurant) near the port and go there for breakfast and then take a cab or shuttle to the pier. The last thing I'd do is head to the pier that early - there's nowhere to sit or eat and you're in the middle of all the departing passengers.

I would hang around at the airport, they have a good donut place, so eat

breakfast, freshen up, stretch your legs and head for the port at 10ish.

We got the 10am shuttle from our hotel and when we arrived at the port

there were already a couple of hundred people waiting.... there is no place to stroll around or eat at the port though, so staying at the airport makes more sense.

I would hang around at the airport, they have a good donut place, so eat

breakfast, freshen up, stretch your legs and head for the port at 10ish.

We got the 10am shuttle from our hotel and when we arrived at the port

there were already a couple of hundred people waiting.... there is no place to stroll around or eat at the port though, so staying at the airport makes more sense.

I agree.....stay at the airport and relax until about 10 then head to Port. They usually start boarding the ship at around 11:15 to 11:30. Sometime sooner sometime later.

What is your 18 month old going to be like after the long flight? :o Bright and cheery or cranky and tired. Either way, I'd consider just hanging at the airport. There's room to keep moving and room to just sit and nap in a corner. My biggest concern would be the child and what she needs for that length of time. Keep a lot of "surprise" distractions ready for her in your travel bag.

There is sitdown eating available.

If you leave the airport for a restaurant or other stop, you still have your bags. Which will only be more of a nuisance.

Cruising with an 18 month old? You are strong and brave!

I don't think there's a sit-down restaurant at the FLL airport, but if there is I'd have breakfast there. If not, find a free shuttle to a hotel (that has a restaurant) near the port and go there for breakfast and then take a cab or shuttle to the pier. The last thing I'd do is head to the pier that early - there's nowhere to sit or eat and you're in the middle of all the departing passengers.

Southwest Airlines terminal (concourse B?) has a sit down restaurant half way down on the left side, behind the bar. I believe the name is Pasha's. Food is good and reasonably priced.

Huh? We ate at Chili's too which is a sit down restaurant. Pasha's and dd aren't the only places to eat. This link will be helpful to the op.

http://www.broward.org/Airport/Terminals/Pages/Restaurants.aspx

All the sit down places I believe are POST security. Once OP has collected bags, they will be in the PRE security area. I don't think there's a sit down restaurant but maybe a lounge.

Hi,

I would contact the Crown Plaza Ft Lauderdale Airport/Cruise port.

Explain your situation, ask them if you can be picked up and have breakfast at the Hotel. Here is a Link

http://www.cpftlauderdaleairport.com/hotels-by-fort-lauderdale-airport

They have a nice pool area with an are where your little one can run around.

They also have a shuttle to the port I think it is free.

Hope this helps.:)

Archived