Princess Ship (Diamond) Twin Beds for 3!

cgrn

Hello all,

I'm a little confused. We are a family of three, sailing with Princess on the Diamond. Our stateroom will have three twin beds? Is this correct? I think I may have read where some staterooms you can actually push two twins together (for hubby and myself) but don't think this true for us. We are on Baha deck I believe. I can't picture a room with 3 twins.

Thanks, Cathy

Welcome to cruise critic. In most cabins for three, there are two twin beds and one that folds out of the wall like a bunk bed. Often, the twin beds cannot be puched together when there is a third passenger as it would block the ladder to the third bed.

Hello all,

I'm a little confused. We are a family of three, sailing with Princess on the Diamond. Our stateroom will have three twin beds? Is this correct? I think I may have read where some staterooms you can actually push two twins together (for hubby and myself) but don't think this true for us. We are on Baha deck I believe. I can't picture a room with 3 twins.

Thanks, Cathy

Welcome to Cruise Critic. You'll probably get a specific answer in the Princess forum, were they are likely to be people who have sailed on Diamond and can speak from personal experience.

Go to:

Cruise Critic Message Boards > Cruise Lines "P - Z" >Princess Cruises

On the deck plans there are 4 cabins on Baja that indicate they will accomodate 3 people with a rollaway. 430, 433, 602 and 603. Don't see any that say 3 twins.

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

On the Diamond and the Sapphire the family or quad cabins have twin beds that drop from the deckhead. It does dictate that the two lower berth twins can not be put together.

Never seen 3 twin beds but have seen pull out sofas with twin beds put together and some cabins with pull downs that do allow twins to be put together. Have also seen a roll-a-way bed with twins together. Your room steward will move beds, get roll-a-way or do what ever you ask.

Never seen 3 twin beds but have seen pull out sofas with twin beds put together and some cabins with pull downs that do allow twins to be put together. Have also seen a roll-a-way bed with twins together. Your room steward will move beds, get roll-a-way or do what ever you ask.

On Princess, No sofas in cabin, pull-out or otherwise, until you get to mini-suite. EM

Hello all,

Thanks, Cathy

It depends on the room type and configuration. My sister and I are in a mini-suite for our Alaska Cruise and it has 2 twin beds (that could be made into a Queen) and a sofa that can fold out into a bed if we had more people coming. I'm not sure what the other rooms have. If your room has only upper and 2 twins and if your child is very small you may end up with either you or your husband in the upper for safety reasons. I don't think I'd want a 3 or 4 year old that high off the ground. I prefer room with convertable sofa when traveling with 3 as I don't like the idea of having to climb a ladder, even for myself after having a few drinks! :eek:

Thanks everyone! My 13 yo daughter would love to be in the pull down. I just thought it was a funny configuration to have all twins. Thanks for the information and many welcoms.

Cathy

Archived