Best Oceania Suite - Marina or Riviera

Zouave

Which suite is best - stern cabins on deck 13 or forward in deck 14?

There are no Oceania Suites on deck 14 and there is no deck 13 at all, so NEVER book a Suite in either of those locations :p

The deck 11 Oceania Suites are slightly smaller but have HUGE wrap around verandas with a stunning view of the stern.

The deck 12 Suites are significantly larger inside, but have the standard sized Oceania Suite veranda and a standard "side of the ship" view.

The downside of the aft Suites is that they are further from the elevators, and that you may notice some noise from the Terrace Restaurant on Deck 12.

We never heard a peep on Marina, but it was more noticeable on Riviera.

There are no Oceania Suites on deck 14 and there is no deck 13 at all, so NEVER book a Suite in either of those locations :p

The deck 11 Oceania Suites are slightly smaller but have HUGE wrap around verandas with a stunning view of the stern.

The deck 12 Suites are significantly larger inside, but have the standard sized Oceania Suite veranda and a standard "side of the ship" view.

The downside of the aft Suites is that they are further from the elevators, and that you may notice some noise from the Terrace Restaurant on Deck 12.

We never heard a peep on Marina, but it was more noticeable on Riviera.

We are in cabin 11080 on the Marina sailing on June 6th. I am just curious as to why you think you heard no noise from the terrace cafe on the Marina, but did on the Riviera. We have been in the Oceania suite on the Insignia , and did hear the noise from the Terrace above. Maybe you had more martinis prior to retiring on the Marina;).

We have been in the Oceania suite on the Insignia , and did hear the noise from the Terrace above.

That would be impossible

There are NO Oceania Suites on the R-ships ;)

You must have been in an Owners suite...which is different

Lyn

That would be impossible

There are NO Oceania Suites on the R-ships ;)

You must have been in an Owners suite...which is different

Lyn

As usual, you are correct...I was in the owners suite below the terrace restaurant on the Insignia. I realise they are different....but same location, I think, in relation to the terrace restaurant being above. A slip of the tounge:rolleyes:.

As usual, you are correct...I was in the owners suite below the terrace restaurant on the Insignia. I realise they are different....but same location, I think, in relation to the terrace restaurant being above. A slip of the tounge:rolleyes:.

Whatever you call those Suites, we heard not a single sound in the aft Oceania Suites on the Marina, but did have an issue in an identical Suite on the Riviera.

In a similar vein we also noticed a remarkable decrease in vibration on the Riviera, which we attributed to a years experience in operating the engines and thrusters on the Marina.

In a similar vein we also noticed a remarkable decrease in vibration on the Riviera, which we attributed to a years experience in operating the engines and thrusters on the Marina.

That is good to know ...it was wicked on Marina :eek::eek:

Lyn

Ive booked riviera aft Oceania suite 11083 for next February after reading many posts by you praising it and showing photos. After reading your post where you now say noises from Terrace cafe can be heard inside suite should I reconsider? I guess I'd like to know if the noise was enough to deter you from cruising in that suite again? Thanks, Chris.

Ive booked riviera aft Oceania suite 11083 for next February after reading many posts by you praising it and showing photos. After reading your post where you now say noises from Terrace cafe can be heard inside suite should I reconsider? I guess I'd like to know if the noise was enough to deter you from cruising in that suite again? Thanks, Chris.

I'd say it depends on how deeply you sleep. We were in 11076, just a few feet from J & S (only 11078 between us), and never heard a peep -- but we sleep like logs and never hear a sound unless we're already awake.

I would still book those Suites because the veranda and the views are so sensational, but on my next cruise I am going to be much more vocal, much sooner, about noise from above.

fist.jpg

Then again, I am breaking my own rule; I did not make it known that the noise was excessive (mostly because my experience on the Marina had been so very different), so it might have been an easy fix if I had just opened my mouth.

100011.jpg

The chairs do seem lighter, and are definitely more comfortable, so I can't see why the noise occurred in the first place. :confused:

We would like to know what sort of noise you experienced and when (what times) you experienced it? We are booked in an Oceania Suite in mid-December, so we still have time to cancel...

First off, it is only the Oceania Suites at the back end of deck 11 which would be effected by the noise that I describe. The Suites on Deck 12 are in an entirely different area of the ship.

While Breakfast was being served, and again during the lunch hour, there was the intermittent sound of chairs and tables being moved and dragged across the deck.

This was by no means constant, but was occasionally loud enough that we considered making a telephone complaint to the Captain in the Terrace Restaurant.

In retrospect, I recall that there were a number of large groups sailing on the Maiden Voyage with us, and the noise may have been the result of the re-configuring of tables to allow them to sit together, but in any case if I had realized earlier that the noise would not be an isolated incident, I would have made a complaint.

Thanks J&S for the info. I am leaning heavily towards staying in the same suite I already booked/paid for, I would love a suggestion on who I could comment to regarding noises from above should it become an issue, or if I would be better off speaking to my O rep. before departing. Thanks again for all your insight. I can't wait for full review/photos.

Thanks J&S for the info. I am leaning heavily towards staying in the same suite I already booked/paid for, I would love a suggestion on who I could comment to regarding noises from above should it become an issue, or if I would be better off speaking to my O rep. before departing. Thanks again for all your insight. I can't wait for full review/photos.

If I were back in that Suite Today (God should be so Good), I would summon the Butler to the cabin as soon as the noise became obnoxious, and then send him up to the restaurant to ask them to quiet down.

My mistake was in waiting too long to admit to myself that there was an ongoing problem. The staff can't fix something if they don't know that it is broken. I won't repeat THAT error again.

If I were back in that Suite Today (God should be so Good), I would summon the Butler to the cabin as soon as the noise became obnoxious, and then send him up to the restaurant to ask them to quiet down.

My mistake was in waiting too long to admit to myself that there was an ongoing problem. The staff can't fix something if they don't know that it is broken. I won't repeat THAT error again.

But would they actually have stopped moving the tables/chairs around at your butler's request (if that is what was causing the noise)?

They must have been doing it for some (presumably good) reason and not just to annoy passengers :D

Archived