Rum Point ONLY ??

Boozebabe

Can anyone confirm approximately what the cost of a taxi would be and what the cost of a rental car would be from the pier to Rum Point. Have read varying posts about this, and if anyone knows for sure I would appreciate the information. It seems that taking a taxi might not be the way to go since they seem to be very expensive and not very reliable for getting back to the ship when you want to go, but most places you can pre-arrange for a driver to pick you up at a certain time. Just wondering if this is not the case here. If anyone can provide accurate information it would really be helpful for us in making a decision. We do not want to do the excursion where you swim with the stingrays, etc. Just want to go to Rum Point for a few hours and back to the ship.

Also keep in mind that it's a 45 minute drive to Rum Point. If you do take a taxi, which I don't recommend, leave yourself enough time on the return to compensate for possible problems getting back. (We've had taxis no-show or show up late.)

Thank you for the information. I suppose the cost of a rental car would vary from company to company? We are just trying to decide if Rum Point is THAT MUCH better than Seven Mile Beach or if we should just stay at Seven Mile Beach (which we have done before) or try something new.

"if Rum Point is THAT MUCH better than Seven Mile Beach"

I wouldn't say it is better, especially from a generally accepted beach rating scale, just different. If you have done SMB to death and are looking for a different venue it may make sense. In the end it is a beach, just like SMB only much smaller...Depending on size, a car will run you about $60-$80 US with another $15 or so in gas.

Archived