getting things signed

br76jook

I was under the impression it was one item per child.

We have had a pillow case signed and an 8x10 picture mat (border) signed.

We put the markers in a zip lock bag along with some chocolate candies.

I have the 2 photo borders along with 3 markers (red-blue-black) already in the gallon zip lock bag for our cruise next week. I also typed out in the words of my nephews a thank you note and I'm going to have them 'sign' it and place it in the zip lock bag as well.

Tina

I read this thread and others like it and I still cannot grasp the effort to get these character autographs. These are fictional characters for which someone is simply signing your stuff.......I just don't get it.

I do understand the wonder of kids meeting a character, and that character signing something in front of them; I just don't understand dropping something at the front desk and picking it up with a fictional signature. It would seem a much better use of time to simply Google the signature image and write it yourself, and then spend the time enjoying the trip.

I read this thread and others like it and I still cannot grasp the effort to get these character autographs. These are fictional characters for which someone is simply signing your stuff.......I just don't get it.

I do understand the wonder of kids meeting a character, and that character signing something in front of them; I just don't understand dropping something at the front desk and picking it up with a fictional signature. It would seem a much better use of time to simply Google the signature image and write it yourself, and then spend the time enjoying the trip.

It's the Disney way of life. I am 25 years old and the magic of Disney still gets me every time. I cry as I walk down Main St USA and I always have a autograph book every trip we go.

Lots of people don't understand the Disney magic...if it's not your thing...it's not your thing!

YIKES... to each his own. Maybe a Disney Cruise if not the best match for you. Maybe you would prefer one without fictional characters on the ship?

YIKES... to each his own. Maybe a Disney Cruise if not the best match for you. Maybe you would prefer one without fictional characters on the ship?

Maybe you are not in the least bit correct. We just had a great cruise on the Dream, and you might want to check my cruise review.

I'm just trying to understand the autograph issue from a character that doesn't exist. I understand the autographs from the character meet and greets simply by the wonder on the faces of all the kids as they meet the characters.

It's the Disney way of life. I am 25 years old and the magic of Disney still gets me every time. I cry as I walk down Main St USA and I always have a autograph book every trip we go.

Lots of people don't understand the Disney magic...if it's not your thing...it's not your thing!

I'm double your age and the Disney magic never left since the first time I saw Walt on Sunday night. I really understand your autograph book as you meet the characters in the park, but not if you left the book at the front gate and picked it up with the autographs at the end of the day.

To the OP, the rules as I understand them is that there are only two items allowed per cabin. All characters that are on board will sign the items using the markers you include. If you have special instructions you should write a polite note, a short one, and make your request. If you have a picture frame, label the top so they know the orientation.

We included a card with our stateroom number and name.

I don't think everything must fit inside the bag. We found tote bags and fabric markers to create a unique tote.

To the person who is asking why we would do this, there are a couple of reasons why we did.

First, it makes for a unique conversation piece. The signatures are very artful and colorful. It makes something very plain, very cool. A second reason is that it is a time saver. The kids won't always remember every character they meet but you will have all the signatures. This means you don't need to carry an autograph book and pen around with you on the ship. Another reason is one more of imagination. Lots of folks ole to imagine a room full of Disney characters signing their items and maybe even playing with them just a little.

The bottom line for us is that we came away with some very unique souvenirs. Unique in that few on board really know about the option and still fewer even cruise Disney. Our totes are a practical conversation piece.

Oh I cried COUNTLESS times on our 5 night cruise two weeks ago, and the tears were mainly because I was so overwhelmed with the magic of it all. Heck, Peter Pan even made me cry when I met him.

Understand that getting autograhs at any disney venue is one of the things kids love to receive. However I don't get that people actually go through the trouble of turning items into Guest Services to be autographed.

Just do what my sister and her husband do. They bring different color markers and samples of the characters signature off the internet. Than have an autograph signing party after the kids go to sleep and sign all the characters names in an autograph book. After all guest services just has some staff sitting in the back room doing the same thing. In fact this could all be done long before you ever leave the cruise.

Understand that getting autograhs at any disney venue is one of the things kids love to receive. However I don't get that people actually go through the trouble of turning items into Guest Services to be autographed.

Just do what my sister and her husband do. They bring different color markers and samples of the characters signature off the internet. Than have an autograph signing party after the kids go to sleep and sign all the characters names in an autograph book. After all guest services just has some staff sitting in the back room doing the same thing. In fact this could all be done long before you ever leave the cruise.

Exactly my point.....thank you!

I guess so. I was at Disney World about 30 years ago. You could not get me to go back if you paid me a lot of money per day to go there.

Different strokes for different folks.

BTW - you do know that all the stuff that you drop off is signed by a bunch of random people in a back office somewhere and the Disney characters are just fictional creations designed to make Walt and his ilk a bunch off money off gullible kids.

DON

I guess so. I was at Disney World about 30 years ago. You could not get me to go back if you paid me a lot of money per day to go there.

Different strokes for different folks.

BTW - you do know that all the stuff that you drop off is signed by a bunch of random people in a back office somewhere and the Disney characters are just fictional creations designed to make Walt and his ilk a bunch off money off gullible kids.

DON

Yep, it works for me, a gullible adult.

The way I see it, there is a significant difference between what you suggest and dropping items off to be signed for you.

1) It means I don't have to do it.

2) I get to enjoy the creativity of others who choose the colors, placing and spacing of the autographs.

I am very well aware of how these things get signed and I think most are, but it is still a fun and unique service that DCL offers. Plus, if you allow your imagination to run away just a little bit ... it is fun to carry around just a little bit of "magic" with you.

The way I see it, there is a significant difference between what you suggest and dropping items off to be signed for you.

1) It means I don't have to do it.

2) I get to enjoy the creativity of others who choose the colors, placing and spacing of the autographs.

I am very well aware of how these things get signed and I think most are, but it is still a fun and unique service that DCL offers. Plus, if you allow your imagination to run away just a little bit ... it is fun to carry around just a little bit of "magic" with you.

Very well stated! I couldn't agree with you more. :)

It takes a minute or two of your time to drop it off at Guest Services. Guest Services has it delivered to your stateroom when they are done. The autographs will be much more flowing than someone trying to copy a signature. I just got off the Hawaii cruise on the Wonder. I had two pillowcases signed for my twin grandkids. I gave them to the kids and told them that I saw Mickey and his friends and they wanted them to have it. Their reaction was priceless. One that I won't forget. Sooooo, it is very much worth my two minutes at Guest Services.

But does everything need to fit inside the gallon ziploc bag?

My suggestion is to contact DCL and ask them. I have always been told that they should fit into a ziplock bag in order to keep everything together such as the item to be signed and the pens you are including.

This last time I had to make a choice between Mickey and gang autographs or Princess autographs. I have a grandson and a granddaughter so I chose one of each. The Mickey and gang has more signatures than the Princesses. Just thought I would let you all know ahead of time. It took me by surprise.

This last time I had to make a choice between Mickey and gang autographs or Princess autographs. I have a grandson and a granddaughter so I chose one of each. The Mickey and gang has more signatures than the Princesses. Just thought I would let you all know ahead of time. It took me by surprise.

Thank you for the information. I agree with others who have said it's about the magic after and the memories it brings for the kids. We did the autograph book when visiting WDW, but have pillowcases to drop off for the cruise. IMO, it's a cheap souvenir and one less thing I have to carry when wondering the ship.

They asked us IF we wanted to choose one group or the other...we just said we'd like everyone to sign and they did.

They asked us IF we wanted to choose one group or the other...we just said we'd like everyone to sign and they did.

Darn, I should have done that. It's ok though, I took the princess one back to Guest Services and had Mickey and gang sign them. I told them it was for twins and it was obvious that our grandson had more signatures than our granddaughter.

I am going to take three pillow cases. I hope they sign them. I don't really care how the signatures get there but I can tell you that I will be the coolest great aunt ever to bring my great nieces those autographs.:)

Carmenere, I dropped off (2) 8x10 photo mats at Guest Services the evening we boarded. The reaction on my nephews faces when the cabin attendant came the last evening, handed them the photo mats and stated to them, "Mickey & his pals wanted me to give you guys this" was PRICELESS. They ran back into the cabin to my mother sitting on the couch and was telling her to look and see what Mickey gave them to take home....the perfect ending to a perfect cruise!

And as others stated before, I too am a grown adult but the Disney 'magic' got to me several times the past 5 days while on the Dream.

Tina

To those who mentioned they don't understand leaving something up front to sign, I offer that if I were a young child, and came back to my room with my book/jacket/pillow whatever signed by Mickey Mouse, I would be excited. I may have them sign my mickey speedo:eek:

Archived