getting things signed

br76jook

I have a two year old niece that was traveling with us. We had her get the character calls (we had three rooms so three calls) on Christmas day last year and she couldnt believe that Mickey Mouse had called her about the cruise. Then a week later whch was a week before and then the day she was leaving on the plane. (her face was priceless with each call). While we were on the ship I had guest services have the characters sign a postcard for her with a message that they were glad she had sailed on the Disney Dream with them and a picture of the ship on the front of the postcard. I then sent it to her house and put a return adress of Walt Disney World. She absolutely loved it ( I just used one of the free postcards they put in your room) What a special easy and cheap sovieneer that she loved. It is all about the magic of Disney!!!!

I don't know if I can mention an online guide book or not but on passporter someone asked about this practice and they (passporter) didn't endorse this practice because they said crew members had to do this on their free time and with all the disboarders telling everyone to do this it can get a little crazy. Also, some people expect this service and can be very demanding and nasty if they don't get all the items they want signed. I agree with passporter.

I don't know if I can mention an online guide book or not but on passporter someone asked about this practice and they (passporter) didn't endorse this practice because they said crew members had to do this on their free time and with all the disboarders telling everyone to do this it can get a little crazy. Also, some people expect this service and can be very demanding and nasty if they don't get all the items they want signed. I agree with passporter.

But..but... the crew gets all the wonderful hard candy and those wonderful $5 phone cards, that people put in their ziplock bags. Such ungrateful crew. They should be more than willing to accommodate us so that little Tyler and Tiffany can have some of that "magic" that we paid a premium for. Disboarders should immediately contact DCL and make that they are policing this and that all crew members that are signing are whistling while they work.............................:rolleyes:

To those who mentioned they don't understand leaving something up front to sign, I offer that if I were a young child, and came back to my room with my book/jacket/pillow whatever signed by Mickey Mouse, I would be excited. I may have them sign my mickey speedo:eek:

I understand the magic of having something signed for the kids. I don't understand why those wanting to create this fantasy just don't sign the stuff themselves.........

I understand the magic of having something signed for the kids. I don't understand why those wanting to create this fantasy just don't sign the stuff themselves.........

Why do it yourself, when you can have someone do it for you.....for FREE!

Actually I am surprised that DCL continues to do this for free or at all. People take advantage to things like this and want all kinds of things signed, then complain when it isn't perfect in their eyes. I imagine that this whole process is major pain in the backside of those at Guest Services that have to do this and listen to the complaints about not enough signatures, or one that just didn't look quite right etc.

Why do it yourself, when you can have someone do it for you.....for FREE!

Actually I am surprised that DCL continues to do this for free or at all. People take advantage to things like this and want all kinds of things signed, then complain when it isn't perfect in their eyes. I imagine that this whole process is major pain in the backside of those at Guest Services that have to do this and listen to the complaints about not enough signatures, or one that just didn't look quite right etc.

Who is complaining? All that I've seen are compliments.

Who is complaining? All that I've seen are compliments.

Drop in on the Pixie Dust board, you'll see many people that didn't like what signatures they got, and went back up to Customer Service to have more added. Or the i wasn't dotted just right and it spoiled their whole vacation.

If you do pillow cases slip some tissue paper in it so the ink doesn't "bleed" through. We did pillow cases on our first cruise and did that and they came back just fine. We didn't get our back until the final night of the cruise. It was our first cruise and was just the 4 day one which may or may not have anything to do with the delay in having it returned.

Archived