A new Nut one >> wash hands at water dispenser LOL

Had a great cruise on Spirit to Alaska

but just when you think you have seen it all...here is a new one for me

At the drink dispenser area (tea, lemonade)...they have the ice machine and a separate dispenser for water...

a guy came in and spilt lemonade on his hand I think..so he washed his hands under the water dispenser...yes...rubbed them, washed them, used his mitts to push the dispenser for more water..rub a dub

I warned a lady who was about to get a drink of water there and I ran and told a buffet worker to send over a manager and when he got there I relayed this story to him and he was shocked and immediately had a worker come and clean and sanitize the dispenser

Unbelivable LOL

People post here all the time to bring bubba mugs and other mugs and fill them at the ice dispenser. filling dirty mugs that are not sterilized is just as bad to me.

Especially when they are filling up a water bottle with a small opening and the opening (where they put there mouth on) is touching the machine. Eww

Especially when they are filling up a water bottle with a small opening and the opening (where they put there mouth on) is touching the machine. Eww

I agree...yuck! I see that where I work, too. I can't believe anyone would think that was ok to do?!

Hmmmm....I didn't post about filling mugs or bottles

however...Carnival finally has a sign on the water dispenser etc

asking people to please NOT fill their water bottles etc due to sanitary reasons etc

this guy simply washed his paws there at the water dispernser....rubbed his hands, pushed the dispenser for more water....pushed it again...rub rub

I also saw a jerk who used their paws to push the ice dispenser lever

but the hand washing...wash wash...was totally gag me LOL

JMO NCL is the best for sanitary...washy washy person at every door where there is food

they sanitize your hands for you when you return to a ship from port

they have LOTS of people at the buffets....they have lots of white suited officers and also lots of supervisors

Finding a worker on Carnival was hard...I had to go to a cook and have him send over a manager

Hmmmm....I didn't post about filling mugs or bottles

however...Carnival finally has a sign on the water dispenser etc

asking people to please NOT fill their water bottles etc due to sanitary reasons etc

this guy simply washed his paws there at the water dispernser....rubbed his hands, pushed the dispenser for more water....pushed it again...rub rub

I also saw a jerk who used their paws to push the ice dispenser lever

but the hand washing...wash wash...was totally gag me LOL

JMO NCL is the best for sanitary...washy washy person at every door where there is food

they have LOTS of people at the buffets....they have lots of white suited officers and also lots of supervisors

Finding a worker on Carnival was hard...I had to go to a cook and have him send over a manager

I didn't see this sign last week on the Glory! And I did fill up my water bottle but it has a large open mouth and I took the top off to do it. I got it nowhere near the thing. I also washed it in my cabin with soap every morning!!

Fill the plastic cups provided and then use those to fill your own mug or bottle.

Exactly what I do. My water bottles have a wide opening - that way I can use their cups and never touch the cup to my bottle.

I didn't see this sign last week on the Glory! And I did fill up my water bottle but it has a large open mouth and I took the top off to do it. I got it nowhere near the thing. I also washed it in my cabin with soap every morning!!

Well hopefully the next time you cruise they will have that sign and you can simply fill up the small plastic cups and then dump them in your bottle

JMO when people see others doing it they will do it. My friend saw a lady filling her water bottle from the dispenser right under the sign asking people to NOT do it!

Fill the plastic cups provided and then use those to fill your own mug or bottle.

I have a Rubbermaid reusable water bottle that I fill this way- I also take the top off so what I drink off of is no where near where other people will be drinking off. I have seen people drink a glass of water at the dispenser and then use the same glass-disgusting!! Luckily a crew member was stocking cups at the time and prevented others from using it until someone came over to sanitize it.

I totally agree about NCL, coming back from port there was a guy handing out wet towels with tongs before we got back on ship, and a bin to throw the towels into before you got back on board, I was amazed. The people stationed at the buffet lines were telling people to sanitize their hands.

This is one area that Carnival really needs to step it up.

Ewww!!! You should said something to the guy, or point him to the nearest restroom!

WHY would I do that?? He was a middle aged guy, kinda big and pretty rough looking

I was on vacation...bad enough that I had to take my time and warn people and run around and find a supervisor and tell him so that he could have someone clean and sanitize the dispenser

Sorry but I don't work for Carnival....and I value my own safety <grin>

a lot of times people here will show all sorts of bravado that in real life might get you beat up. I wasn't about to put myself at risk.

Ewww!!! You should said something to the guy, or point him to the nearest restroom!

Probably because "that guy" would have washed his hands in the restroom to get the lemonade off, then decide to take a pee and walk out ..thinking washed em once!:eek:

OMG, I always bring a large plastic cup to get ice from the machines to use in our room. Never occured to me that people may think I'm actually drinking from the cup and then getting ice in it! I guess I need to think of a new way to get ice. Sorry folks, just didn't think that one through.

Kim

Had a great cruise on Spirit to Alaska

but just when you think you have seen it all...here is a new one for me

At the drink dispenser area (tea, lemonade)...they have the ice machine and a separate dispenser for water...

a guy came in and spilt lemonade on his hand I think..so he washed his hands under the water dispenser...yes...rubbed them, washed them, used his mitts to push the dispenser for more water..rub a dub

I warned a lady who was about to get a drink of water there and I ran and told a buffet worker to send over a manager and when he got there I relayed this story to him and he was shocked and immediately had a worker come and clean and sanitize the dispenser

Unbelivable LOL

If that doesn't make you think Wal-Mart, nothing will.

That is truly disgusting and insane. The bathroom (where the sinks are) is literally only a few feet from the dang beverage station.

Good grief. :rolleyes:

WHY would I do that?? He was a middle aged guy, kinda big and pretty rough looking

I was on vacation...bad enough that I had to take my time and warn people and run around and find a supervisor and tell him so that he could have someone clean and sanitize the dispenser

Sorry but I don't work for Carnival....and I value my own safety <grin>

a lot of times people here will show all sorts of bravado that in real life might get you beat up. I wasn't about to put myself at risk.

I think you did the right thing.

Archived