what Dinning Room?

crusinbanjo

Ok, I feel kind of dumb having to ask this question but.....

...... Mrs banjo & I Are experienced cruisers, but always on small ships. Our upcoming cruise on the Diamond will be our first "Big Boat" experience and I am somewhat confused with all the dinning rooms on the ship. Normally, (on the small ships), we would just show up for dinner at the only dinning room on board and be seated, but as I was reading other posts, it occurred to me, with the ship being bigger than we have experienced before, I had better review the deck plans for where the dinning room and restaurants were located. Boy was I surprised to find that many different dinning rooms.

We have selected the Anytime Dinning, is there a specific dinning room for AD or do we get to pick a different dinning room every day?

There will be one dining room set aside for traditional dining. The others should be available for Anytime dining. Depending on numbers, one of the AD rooms might be set aside for early or late traditional. You will have the option of choosing from several dining rooms but they will all share the same menu.

...... Mrs banjo & I Are experienced cruisers, but always on small ships. Our upcoming cruise on the Diamond will be our first "Big Boat" experience and I am somewhat confused with all the dinning rooms on the ship. Normally, (on the small ships), we would just show up for dinner at the only dinning room on board and be seated, but as I was reading other posts, it occurred to me, with the ship being bigger than we have experienced before, I had better review the deck plans for where the dinning room and restaurants were located. Boy was I surprised to find that many different dinning rooms.

We have selected the Anytime Dinning, is there a specific dinning room for AD or do we get to pick a different dinning room every day?

On the Diamond Princess the International Dining Room, Deck 6 aft, is for traditional dining. The 4 other dining rooms are Santa Fe & Pacific Moon, Deck 6 mid ship and Vivaldi & Savoy, Deck 5 mid ship. Each one has the same menu, but each has one special themed menu item, ie. a southwestern style item in the Santa Fe. 1 of these dining rooms will only be available later in the evening for ATD, probably the Savoy. The others will open early, maybe as early as 5PM. Check out after boarding.

We are just off 35 days on the Diamond. Since early traditional was overloaded and many folks still wanted early dining, Vivaldi too was allocated to "early traditional for overflow. It also accomodated AD folks as well. As someone stated, each DR serves the same menu, but each of the smaller ones has a specialty as follows:

Santa Fe: fajitas

Savoy: pork chops

Vivaldi : Osso bucco

Pacific Moon: stir fry

That being said, we were a large party and dined in Vivaldi, but lots of nights I had the fajitas. You can order any specialty from the other restaurants no matter where you dine.

Archived