call from CCL

Shipbound

I got the same call. The caller ID said Carnival. They had my phone # of course and my address. I said nothing that they didn't already know. And I know they are revamping the pax information sites to show all your cruises and what are you likes and dislikes. I'm sure to was fine.

And Carnival always knows when you're not home because you're on a cruise.

The caller said she was from CCL and wanted to verify my address which she told me and I said yes and like you I did not give out any information that they did not know. I am very careful about the information I give out over the phone.

Gary

I'm thinking that Carnival is calling those that will be in their new "Diamond" level to verify their address so they can send out the new Diamond luggage tags. For the ones that received the calls....do you have more then 200 cruise days?? If so then that could be the answer.

Yes ,I have 205 sea days.

Gary

What is the big deal? We received a call from Carnival asking for our updated address (we HAD made a change). We are glad they called.

You people are going to worry yourselves to death for no reason. Carnival was doing a

service for your benefit. And yes, we have caller ID so knew where the call was coming from.

I am beginning to understand why Carnival is not very fond of CruiseCritic.

Giving any information over the phone can be a very big deal. I work for a bank and see folks scammed all the time by phone and email. Someone calls asking to verify information and then uses it for identity theft. Or send an email to click a link to verify information. It's not worry for no reason - it's common sense in the world we live in. And as others have said, caller IDs are easily faked.

I get at least a couple calls a week at work where people call me at the bank number they found in the phone book because they got strange phone calls claiming to be the bank and wanting to verify information or telling them there's a problem with their account and they need information. At least these folks got suspicious and checked it out - plenty more fall for it and give out the info.

If you are certain it is Carnival, no big deal. But having a family member that is the victim of identity theft (and still having issues from that) and you are not certain it is Carnival, it's a big deal. But I suppose if you have never experienced identity theft, No big deal at all.:rolleyes:

Our daughter is still fighting the identity theft issue has been going on for years, plus our credit card took a trip around the world, so I am with you, but frankly Big Brother and all the Little Brothers and Sisters out there has all our information to begin with, so when a company we all know and love calls asking for address updates, so be it.

One time I called a Pet Company that I had never, ever used before; I was told my home address, my billing address.... does make you wonder?

I'm thinking that Carnival is calling those that will be in their new "Diamond" level to verify their address so they can send out the new Diamond luggage tags. For the ones that received the calls....do you have more then 200 cruise days?? If so then that could be the answer.

Yes, both of us are over 200 days.

got an automated call from someone who said I's won a drawing for a free cruise on Carnival, Princess or Holland America. I know I'd entered contests through the websites, but it sounded fishy to me that it was automated.

Pushed 2 to have my number put on their do not call list.

• 3 weeks later...

Carnival was calling everyone that would be in the new Diamond tier to verify the address as to where to send the new Diamond luggage tag and passport holder. Some have already received theirs.

Carnival was calling everyone that would be in the new Diamond tier to verify the address as to where to send the new Diamond luggage tag and passport holder. Some have already received theirs.

I have 34 cruises for 243 days and have not been called. My mom has 33 cruises for 232 days and has not been called.

Maybe they're still calling people and maybe your cruises got lost in the changeover. My husband now shows 0 cruises with 0 days even though we have the same cruise history of 30 cruises and 217 days. Carnival is supposedly working on getting this changed but have you checked yours? Maybe you should call them. But the call has been verified that it is legitimate and that was the purpose of the call.

Maybe they're still calling people and maybe your cruises got lost in the changeover. My husband now shows 0 cruises with 0 days even though we have the same cruise history of 30 cruises and 217 days. Carnival is supposedly working on getting this changed but have you checked yours? Maybe you should call them. But the call has been verified that it is legitimate and that was the purpose of the call.

When I checked on June 9, 2012 when the VIFP page went live our sailing history's were correct. I just rechecked our sailing history's and they are still correct.

[quote name='luv2cruise777l']I'm thinking that Carnival is calling those that will be in their new "Diamond" level to verify their address so they can send out the new Diamond luggage tags. For the ones that received the calls....do you have more then 200 cruise days?? If so then that could be the answer.[/QUOTE]

You are correct because I got the luggage tag and passport holder today(6/19/12)

Gary

We had a call from Bank of America saying they had questions about our account. I told the lady that we do not answer questions, over the phone, to someone we do not personally know. She then said to please call the customer service on the back of our credit card. We did and the call went immediately to their Fraud Department. Lucky for us everything was OK.

This is a practice we use all the time. We do not answer personal information from an unsolicated call. We just let the person know that we will call back after we have verified that the number given to us is legitimate.

[quote name='kept']Hi Gary,
I had a girl named Anna (very nice) call me to check my address. She had my address fine. I was on the phone with her for just a minute. Maybe Carnival is sending us something? I have a minor problem with them at the moment but I am also in the very top of this new loyalty thing. 205 days with Carnival. Very mysterious.
Loretta.[/quote]

Did you remove tips on your last cruise? I bet it had something to do with that. :rolleyes:

Archived