Celebrity Insurance

npb

This is the first time we have purchased travel insurance from cruise line. I keep reading that this is a bad choice. If you have used this and had a claim,what is good, bad or ugly?

I keep reading that this is a bad choice.

If it suits your needs at a reasonable price it's not a bad choice. For many it's the best choice, for many others there's better choices out there. As long as you've done your homework and compared this plan to your options it doesn't matter what others have said.

i've used it (through Royal, same underwriter-Berkeley) and have filed claims...they paid, quickly...

that said..only you can decide what it right for you...there may be others out there that cost less, and/or cover more....but the times i've used it, (knock on wood) it has worked well for me....

This is the first time we have purchased travel insurance from cruise line. I keep reading that this is a bad choice. If you have used this and had a claim,what is good, bad or ugly?

I had to use the Celebrity insurance last year on our Bermuda cruise. I used the ships doctor and medical center so all the charges were put on my room bill. After I submitted the claim to my insurance company and when I got the explanation of benefit back I mailed then to Berkely care.

I got a check from my insurance co on 9/19 and I got a check that was dated 9/29 from Berlely care. I was surprised I got a check so fast. I have no problem using them again and I am in October.

It is not a bad choice. The advantage of going with a private insurance policy can be (depends which one you buy) that it is cheaper and more comprehensive than the cruise lines policy. But again it's not like you bought a bad policy and this one will be perfectly fine.

Keith

The problem with Berkely is that I have called multiple times since January and still have not received the claim forms. They tell me they are not available on-line, which is hard to believe in this day and age.

I just spoke to someone and they are emailing me the claim forms, which can be scanned and emailed back. They do not know why the first two Reps told me this was not possible.

Glad you got a response. Seemed strange that you would be waiting till January.

Keith

• 2 weeks later...

Actually with Berkeley...i THINK you start filing the claim on line and the forms are automatically emailed to you..

I think I only spoke with someone there once....and I've filed about 3 claims or so with them for a variety of stuff..including 2 cancelled cruises...:(

Archived