Northbound Vancouver to Seward-which side of the ship?

kruzinkel

we are planning an Alaska cruise for next May and i need some cabin selection advice. Port or Starboard? since we are not doing a round trip, it is not like we can just catch stuff we missed on the way back. Not sure which side of the ship would have better views from our balcony. Any suggestions?

You will have great views from either side...We enjoyed the portside for our North Bound Radiance (#1050)..great sailout views of Stanley Park and under LionsGate Bridge...And perhaps lucky, but we ended up with the better dockside views when in our ports..I have already booked a portside cabin for our May 17, 2013 and did have a choice of either....Enjoy which ever you book...after all it's Alaska !!

I would definitely go with a starboard side cabin. Now some will argue that the port side will be better on glacier days but if you stay on your balcony on those days you are going to only see half of the scenery, you really need to be out on deck to take it all in. IMO the the scenery is just better on the starboard side.

we are planning an Alaska cruise for next May and i need some cabin selection advice. Port or Starboard? since we are not doing a round trip, it is not like we can just catch stuff we missed on the way back. Not sure which side of the ship would have better views from our balcony. Any suggestions?

If you prefer to whale-watch I would get a cabin on the port side. If the occasional land watching is important to you then the starboard side. Both sides are beautiful in Alaska.

Yes if you can get starboard that is fine.

My opinion is the best views I get along with the best photos I have are all those from the open deck of the ship. If you don't have any mobility issues I highly recommend spending as much time outdoors on the open deck and also you can view scenery from inside through panoramic windows.

Keith

Archived