I've had it

If you don't like CCL's perks for past guests/platinum/diamond, there are two courses of action:

1) Come here and complain (actually, the words I was going to use weren't quite as nice)--of course, by doing so, I start to think that you're not someone who I should be paying attention to, regardless if you've been on 20 or 30 or 50 cruises with 5000/10,000/100,000 posts here.

2) Stop cruising Carnival. By extension, that means stop posting in the Carnival forums.

I'm none too thrilled that it will actually take 12 cruises to get to where I would have been under the old program, but I'm not going to stop cruising Carnival, and overall, I'm glad that those people with fewer sea days than me will become platinum before me.

Where is the "LIKE" button around here..??? :p

VERY well said. Thank you!

It's not just about a loyalty program but also paying the same or more and getting less and Carnival's lack of loyalty to their previously loyal customer. While I fully realize that they are in business to make a profit anyone who works in hospitality will tell you that CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is KEY to a successful business in the long term. I think Carnival's changes over the past couple years are definitely profit driven and not customer driven, very short-sighted IMHO. I have one Carnival cruise booked & am not so sure I will book another for quite some time.

And if you don't like people complaining about Carnival - DON'T READ THESE THREADS!!!! It's pretty obvious in the title or the first post what the tone will be - you don't have to continue reading then post how you are tired of people complaining.

It's all about the money, Jeff. Since they own the lion's share of cruise lines they don't need to give you an incentive! If you want to move on, you write the check.

Alfred Sloan, a famous, former CEO of General Motors once said: "General Motors is not in the business of making cars, but in the business of making money". (I might be a bit off in the quote)

Carnival is in the business of making money, just like the rest of the cruise lines. Some do it different than others. If you do not like the CCL loyalty program, then RCI / Celebrity await you and your check book with open arms!

Where is the Like Button....!

It's not just about a loyalty program but also paying the same or more and getting less and Carnival's lack of loyalty to their previously loyal customer. While I fully realize that they are in business to make a profit anyone who works in hospitality will tell you that CUSTOMER SATISFACTION is KEY to a successful business in the long term. I think Carnival's changes over the past couple years are definitely profit driven and not customer driven, very short-sighted IMHO. I have one Carnival cruise booked & am not so sure I will book another for quite some time.

And if you don't like people complaining about Carnival - DON'T READ THESE THREADS!!!! It's pretty obvious in the title or the first post what the tone will be - you don't have to continue reading then post how you are tired of people complaining.

Where's the "lack of loyalty?"

Loyal Carnival cruisers are still being recognized. It's not like they're totally discontinuing the loyalty program.

So, you don't get unlimited free laundry? So take a roll of quarters and do your own. Or pack enough clothes and tip a freaking porter to schlep your bags.

To me, this complaining is more about people who were hoping to get something for nothing than having minor perks taken away.

In case people haven't noticed, the economy went in the tank a few years ago. CCL could've made many more cutbacks and raised prices to maintain their profits. But they haven't and their stock is still doing reasonably well. As a shareholder, I've gotten an excellent ROI via the OBCs. And as a shareholder, I'm perfectly fine with them revamping the program. It's much more equitable than it was, imo.

If Carnival loses a few unhappy "loyal" cruisers because of this, they will have absolutely no problem filling those cabins and generating new loyal cruisers. Because they still provide an excellent vacation experience at a very reasonable price. My upcoming cruise is less per day than a similar cruise over five years ago. And I personally haven't noticed cutbacks on anything that matters.

Part of my problem with all this is that people seem to feel the need to start thread after thread after thread, and the same people keep putting the same posts in every single one of them. You know - as though if they repeat their complaints often enough they can stop the world from turning.

Meanwhile, threads where people are actually attempting to get real, useful information, or to share real, useful informatoin, get shoved back to back pages.

Where's the "lack of loyalty?"

Loyal Carnival cruisers are still being recognized. It's not like they're totally discontinuing the loyalty program.

So, you don't get unlimited free laundry? So take a roll of quarters and do your own. Or pack enough clothes and tip a freaking porter to schlep your bags.

To me, this complaining is more about people who were hoping to get something for nothing than having minor perks taken away.

In case people haven't noticed, the economy went in the tank a few years ago. CCL could've made many more cutbacks and raised prices to maintain their profits. But they haven't and their stock is still doing reasonably well. As a shareholder, I've gotten an excellent ROI via the OBCs. And as a shareholder, I'm perfectly fine with them revamping the program. It's much more equitable than it was, imo.

If Carnival loses a few unhappy "loyal" cruisers because of this, they will have absolutely no problem filling those cabins and generating new loyal cruisers. Because they still provide an excellent vacation experience at a very reasonable price. My upcoming cruise is less per day than a similar cruise over five years ago. And I personally haven't noticed cutbacks on anything that matters.

Part of my problem with all this is that people seem to feel the need to start thread after thread after thread, and the same people keep putting the same posts in every single one of them. You know - as though if they repeat their complaints often enough they can stop the world from turning.

Meanwhile, threads where people are actually attempting to get real, useful information, or to share real, useful informatoin, get shoved back to back pages.

Perfect!!

The cronic complainers care nothing about real, useful information.

It's not why they post to the boards.

This is a discussion forum where people are free to express opinions contrary to the opinions expressed by others. As long as that is done respectully and within the TOS so be it.

You are quite right. The Hosts will delete any threads that don't meet the rules and guidelines.

with the new loyalty program diamond with really no incentives CCL is the only cruise line who does not give extra perks with every cruise

and 2.0 eliminates breakfast and lunch in mdr on sea days i was on a hawaii cruise on X they had the brunch 1 day at sea was not enjoyed by me

Just got clarification from CCL. Punchliner Brunch will be served on sea days from 9:30 am - 2pm in the forward dining room.

Only on Spirit class ships (which have only one dining room), regular breakfast and lunch menus will not be offered on sea days.

with the new loyalty program diamond with really no incentives CCL is the only cruise line who does not give extra perks with every cruise

and 2.0 eliminates breakfast and lunch in mdr on sea days i was on a hawaii cruise on X they had the brunch 1 day at sea was not enjoyed by me

yeah.

this year of great announcements has turned up everything but.

That Punchliners menu doesn't look so great and I don't like the way it's written. It's a shame you can't get the regular menu earlier.

I think the food choices are great. I will agree with you that someone tried to hard to make it "funny".

I see no need for using spanish words throughout. (yes I know GL is from Mexico)

Finally, why would you insult someone on vacation for not wanting to cook their own food?

omelettes*-For people too lazy to scramble their own eggs. Choose from plain, spinach, tomato, mushrooms,

peppers, onions, bacon, ham, swiss or cheddar. ----egg white omelet on request

It seems that there will still be 2 meals in the MDR on sea days. "Regular" breakfast will be served early then it will move to the "Punchliners Brunch Menu".

Here is a link to the new brunch menu - from carnival.com:

http://www.carnival.com/onboard/cruise-food/~/media/CCLUS/Images/pdf/PunchlinerBrunchMenupdf.ashx

I think the Punchliner sounds kinda fun actually.........and the menu sounds good to me!

i don't even want my table mates shouting at me when i'm having my morning coffee trying to wakey wakey.

Well, since it doesn't open til 9:30......maybe you can get an earlier cup of coffee at the Lido......and already be "awakey"... lol

Best way to test the water is to "leak" the information beforehand; then tweak the final product before you present it. This is not new. Ten years ago, we would have had a full scale war in this country if gasoline was $4.00/gallon. Now they run it up until the masses scream revolution, then they lower it steadily until the screaming dies down. Each time up a bit more and down a bit less. Before long we're used to it. Throw it out and see what comes back. Old strategy that keeps on working.

Best way to test the water is to "leak" the information beforehand; then tweak the final product before you present it. This is not new. Ten years ago, we would have had a full scale war in this country if gasoline was $4.00/gallon. Now they run it up until the masses scream revolution, then they lower it steadily until the screaming dies down. Each time up a bit more and down a bit less. Before long we're used to it. Throw it out and see what comes back. Old strategy that keeps on working.

who was in the white house 10 years ago? $2/gallon gas would have had them screaming.

so cruise else where.. and stop bitching about not getting anything free

Archived