A Whole Lot of Jewelry

SewMuch

snip... I am still looking for a better way to pack my jewelry. I have a couple of jewelry wallets that don't hold enough and when I am done with them you can't even snap them so I have to lay them flat in the bottom of my bag.....

Have you thought about making your own custom jewellery organiser or getting someone to do it for you?

I was thinking along the lies of the over door tidy hangers with pockets in them, perhaps double sided or backed with a thin quilted material or bubble wrap enclosed in cotton. It could be tailored to fit in the bottom of your hand luggage or bag. Even down one side, across the bottom and up the other side of a bag. You could also have as many pockets as you need. Sorry if my explanations aren´t very clear, it´s still early here in Spain.

I´ve just checked on ebay.com for hanging jewellery organisers where you might get some inspiration

When we cruise I take along quite a few suction hooks and stick them on the big desk mirror, so I can hang my necklaces there, this also helps to personalise and decorate the cabin

Sandy in Spain

I would never consider placing my jewelry in an over the door organizer. You are setting yourself up for a stateroom attendant to help themselves. QVC has a jewelry type wallet that work beautifully, and tarnish proof. It holds a lot of jewelry and can be placed in a safe. Whether it's costume or real, I don't want to take that chance.

organizer.jpg

organizer1.jpg

I would never consider placing my jewelry in an over the door organizer. You are setting yourself up for a stateroom attendant to help themselves. QVC has a jewelry type wallet that work beautifully, and tarnish proof. It holds a lot of jewelry and can be placed in a safe. Whether it's costume or real, I don't want to take that chance.

organizer.jpg

organizer1.jpg

Those look very nice--I'm not sure they'd hold some of my chunky necklaces though.

My roll-up silk jewelry bag that I got at a garage sale for 25 cents does me well; holds everything I need, including bigger pieces, and still fits in the safe. I have a nice leather jewelry case my husband bought me, but it doesn't 'stuff' well, won't hold large jewelry, and is harder to pack.

I would never consider placing my jewelry in an over the door organizer. You are setting yourself up for a stateroom attendant to help themselves.snip....

I agree about putting the good stuff in the safe in a proper jewellery box or roll, but costume stuff, that´s another matter. There´s always other bits you can buy, and if there is a special piece you wouldn´t want to lose, put it safely away.

Sandy in Spain

I love taking jewelry -- lots of it! -- but I usually lock up the "good stuff" at home and bring costume jewelry or very nice imitations. I don't even wear my real engagement/eternity rings but I have some great replicas that I wouldn't cry over losing. I've never had a problem on a cruise with security, but I did have some things taken from a hotel when traveling overseas and learned my lesson. To organize my jewelry for a cruise, I bought a bunch of inexpensive velvet bags and when I plan my outfits, I choose my accessories and place them in a bag that is then looped over the hanger. Only drawback is I can't see through them -- ziplock bags sounds like a great solution! Love the great ideas on all the cruise boards!

Archived