A Whole Lot of Jewelry

SewMuch

Leaving in a week, so I decided to pack up the jewelry I want to take. After all, it won't wrinkle so I can get this out of the way. I picked what I want to wear with each outfit and Holy Mackerel! It looks like I'm taking a whole jewelry store! It does't weigh much or take up much room (I use a nice jewelry roll with lots of pockets) so its not a problem but I'm thinking I'm probably taking more than most people. Sure I could "get by" with a few basic pieces but where's the fun in that? Any other big time jewelry packers?

Impressive! And I bet your purchases in Greece and Italy were really beautiful!

Yes, that's when I fell in love with Venetian glass and a couple of artisan rings in Santorini. Yes I found wonderful replacements. :D

The one thing I probably overpack is jewelry, I love it. most of mine is costume jewelry, so I'll put it in small drawstring bags and hang it right on the hangers and it's packed with the clothing.

The real stuff gets packed in a jewelry roll and goes into my purse, not my carry on. My carryon has been gate checked more than once, it's a big worry to see that bag go with valuables in it, they don't give you the chance to go through the at and pull anything out.

I'll wear the same clothes more than once and the different accessories changes the look of the outfit.

I take lots of jewelry too, mostly costume jewelry, but a few 'real' pieces.

With current fashions, the necklaces do take up space! My jewelry roll is stuffed. I always put it in my tote that I carry on.

I could take less if I was going to be hauling luggage around a lot on trains, etc., but for a cruise I like my choices!

I, too, am a jewelry overpacker as I see all of you are. Mine is all "cruise jewelry" and different for each outfit, as jewelry can just make it perfect. I leave my good jewelry at home where I don't have to worry about it.

I like to bring as many pieces of my lesser-worn jewelry as I can.

As they say, use it or lose it. Our house was burglarized a few weeks ago and the thieves made off with a lot of fine jewelry and good costume jewelry. Fortunately I had worn a few pieces on our recent cruise, so I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did get some use out of them.

I do regret the loss of a favorite bracelet that I bought in Aruba. I am also sorry about the loss of some favorite '80s pieces of costume jewelry that I hadn't worn for a long time. I was sure they'd come back in style again soon.

As they say, use it or lose it. Our house was burglarized a few weeks ago and the thieves made off with a lot of fine jewelry and good costume jewelry. Fortunately I had worn a few pieces on our recent cruise, so I have the satisfaction of knowing that I did get some use out of them.

I do regret the loss of a favorite bracelet that I bought in Aruba. I am also sorry about the loss of some favorite '80s pieces of costume jewelry that I hadn't worn for a long time. I was sure they'd come back in style again soon.

70's & 80's style jewelry is in the teenager trendy stores. I found same pair of earrings I had in the 80's at forever 21 last week for $4.00 not bad

The one thing I probably overpack is jewelry, I love it. most of mine is costume jewelry, so I'll put it in small drawstring bags and hang it right on the hangers and it's packed with the clothing.

The real stuff gets packed in a jewelry roll and goes into my purse, not my carry on. My carryon has been gate checked more than once, it's a big worry to see that bag go with valuables in it, they don't give you the chance to go through the at and pull anything out.

I'll wear the same clothes more than once and the different accessories changes the look of the outfit.

BBM

.....LL Bean Sportsman Luggage backpack. I can fit three of the heavy duty plastic utility cases I found in the hardware section of Walmart; I moved the dividers within each case to accomodate whatever I was packing, and it works out well. Necklaces I roll in toilet tissue and put in an old CK One gift pack box with a heavy duty zipper.

I have been unfortunate enough to lose my mother, two aunts, and my favorite cousin, but all left their jewelry to me so sometimes it's a challenge to pick and choose from my jewelry "wardrobe chest" which pieces to take along. My niece has a bit of the same challenge when she travels because I gave her all my costume jewelry some years ago. We both use the same plastic utility cases for our jewelry, and she is just as pleased as I am with them.

Making my way through airport security with the backpack sometimes has been a challenge, but I am an older woman who is well dressed, polite, and cheerful (I'm going on a cruise after all!), and I've never had a problem.

Thank you all for sharing and

HAPPY CRUISING!

BBM

.....LL Bean Sportsman Luggage backpack. I can fit three of the heavy duty plastic utility cases I found in the hardware section of Walmart; I moved the dividers within each case to accomodate whatever I was packing, and it works out well. Necklaces I roll in toilet tissue and put in an old CK One gift pack box with a heavy duty zipper.

I have been unfortunate enough to lose my mother, two aunts, and my favorite cousin, but all left their jewelry to me so sometimes it's a challenge to pick and choose from my jewelry "wardrobe chest" which pieces to take along. My niece has a bit of the same challenge when she travels because I gave her all my costume jewelry some years ago. We both use the same plastic utility cases for our jewelry, and she is just as pleased as I am with them.

Making my way through airport security with the backpack sometimes has been a challenge, but I am an older woman who is well dressed, polite, and cheerful (I'm going on a cruise after all!), and I've never had a problem.

Thank you all for sharing and

HAPPY CRUISING!

That sounds kind of bulky to me. My jewelry roll fits into my purse and my costume jewelry is in the garment bag with each outfit. That way I don't have a heavy load to carry on my back or have to lift into an overhead compartment. I don't appreciate extra challenges through the airport, but if that works well for you, great :)

Leaving in a week, so I decided to pack up the jewelry I want to take. After all, it won't wrinkle so I can get this out of the way. I picked what I want to wear with each outfit and Holy Mackerel! It looks like I'm taking a whole jewelry store! It does't weigh much or take up much room (I use a nice jewelry roll with lots of pockets) so its not a problem but I'm thinking I'm probably taking more than most people. Sure I could "get by" with a few basic pieces but where's the fun in that? Any other big time jewelry packers?

YES!! Yes. Yes. Sometimes I dont wear it all, but I still like having options!

Sadly, I ended up forgetting mine! I packed a bunch of my stuff the night before I left and slipped it in my bookbag I had packed for the car ride....yeah, it fell out in my room when I set it against the wall. I ended up running to walmart in Port Canaveral the night we got in and getting some cheaper long necklaces and such that were pretty neutral. I couldn't see going to dinner without some sort of jewelry, lol.

oh gosh, that's totally me! bring it all! jewelry can totally change an outfit and dress up a simple pair of jeans and a top to be dinner and drinks worthy!

unfortunetly, i am also like that with shoes which are not nearly as small or lightweight. i've been known for unpacking shoes at the airport check in and stuffing them in my carry on.

bring it allllll!!!!! i know i will (along with my suitcase of shoes!!)

I'm so sorry that your home was burglarized, it is such an invasion of privacy that it takes a while to feel peace again in your own home. My prayers are with you and your family.

Me too. I take mostly basic pieces and change the look with jewelry and accessories. A cruise gives me the opportunity to wear fun jewelry that I don't get to wear much (My workplace is pretty conservative).

some weigh over a pound...yep !!! ZipLock baggies are my best friend. I have jewls for every night/day..thatz just me...also evening bags of every colour and combo...I refurb older ones with new fabrics and trims..it all goes in my roll a board..if you wish to take a look at what I make...give me your email addy.....I dont know how to post the pics and keep it on my email...lucky

• 2 months later...

I also take alot of jewelry. I checked my carryon one time without taking my jewelry out (all costume) but lots of if.....I have never seen that bag again. So now I put it in big purse/beach bag that I always carry on the plane. Hard way to learn a lesson. I am still looking for a better way to pack my jewelry. I have a couple of jewelry wallets that don't hold enough and when I am done with them you can't even snap them so I have to lay them flat in the bottom of my bag.....

Glad to see I am not the only one.

Archived