Promenade staterooms questions.

James,

You have to get the layout of the ship.. Like the pull out in the brochure that RC gives you...

you also put a search in the computer like ship layout (rooms) on the RC explorer of the seas.

Now, you look for a symbol like this <-----> on the rooms. That means you have your room and your 2 kids are in the other room.. You leave the door open and can go in there room any time you want.

Well, that is the reasoning behind a connector.

By all means DO NOT stay in one if you don't know the other party.

Any more questions just shout it out!!!

Rocky

We had a promade view on the Freedom and really liked it. We were on the 8th floor, kind of down on one end and not too far from the stairs/elevators. Found the room to be very quiet. Found it to look spacious but in fact was quite small and you almost trip walking around the bed. While the seating and window seat sounded nice to have we never used them except to pile up stuff that we had no other place to store. We did enjoy the window very much!

James,

You have to get the layout of the ship.. Like the pull out in the brochure that RC gives you...

you also put a search in the computer like ship layout (rooms) on the RC explorer of the seas.

Now, you look for a symbol like this <-----> on the rooms. That means you have your room and your 2 kids are in the other room.. You leave the door open and can go in there room any time you want.

Well, that is the reasoning behind a connector.

By all means DO NOT stay in one if you don't know the other party.

Any more questions just shout it out!!!

Rocky

Thank you for the detailed explanation. I will look on RCCL's website now to see if I can find what you are talking about. It is definitely something to be avoided I can tell. Not only do I NOT want to hear what other people are doing, I DO NOT want anyone hearing what we are doing.

I have a question because I have ALWAYS had a problem with RCCL's website. When I pull up a stateroom, suite, whatever room and it gives you a drawing of the room, it also has a layout of the room and then it has a "virtual tour" but that has NEVER worked on my computers no matter whos computer I was using. it says something like "missing plugins". Everytime I go to install the "missing plugins" it saying something like "unknown plugins". I click manual install but it never works. Anyone know what i'm talking about and how to fix it? I'm using Firefox if that helps.

Do NOT book over pub rooms ?575, ?577. ?579 some can hears music from the pub into the night.

Does anyone know if this would include all the way to deck 8? These are the exact rooms we are thinking of booking - 8577 and 8579.

Hi there Karen!!!! How are ya?

And to the OP, we did book a promenade state room onboard the Explorer and loved it. So much so that we booked another on the Freedom next month.

The cabin really is oh so slightly larger than a standard inside, but truly not by much. Be that as it may, with the added window seat and bow window, it does create the illusion that it's bigger.

One added bonus: We did stay in a non-promenade cabin on other ships and lines. The one thing I hated is just how PITCH BLACK they are when you wake up in the middle of the night. I kept waking up, thinking it just had to be 6, 7 or 8am, so I'd plod around and get ready for the day. My partner would then grumble and say, "What are you doing? It's 3:30 in the morning?!"

At least with a promenade cabin, you do get just a little bit of light coming from the edges of the curtains.

Hey Rick!!! Soooooo good to hear from you!! We are doing well, I'm retired, and David, not yet. Travel is still our number one priority, well, after the grandkids of course....;) Would love to travel with you guys again some day...:) We still talk about "cocktails with Rick & Joe."

To add to what my friend Rick said about the pitch darkness in a traditional inside cabin: When we were in one, we kept the light in the bathroom on and closed the door. That allowed for a little light to creep through the bottom and give just enough illumination to the room that it wasn't pitch black. Boy did I sleep well there!

We like to cruise frequently so booking inside cabins can help with cost. We had one promenade cabin on Explorer and it was a little larger than the inside cabins. We liked the curved sort of couch in front of the window and enjoyed being able to see a parade below us. Noise was not an issue and I think we were on deck 6.

I did have an issue with the temperature of the cabin. It was always warm. In some of our inside cabins I have awakened in the night to raise the temperature as I was chilly. In the promenade cabin I kept trying to lower the temp. It just didn't seem to cool.

I loved my Promenade cabin! it was handicap accessible so it was larger but I liked being able to view the Promenade and people watch.

And the savings were great! 639.00 pp for a 7 night Freedom cruise in April! Cant beat that AT ALL!

I had a promenade room on 8th deck on the Indy last year, and I've booked another on the Adventure, also on the 8th deck. No noise, apart from one evening, looked out and realised I'd missed the captains cocktail party!

Cnv1372.jpg.a799de4fb4a4c4eca44552af67dc8ebc.jpg

Cnv1373.jpg.a4b0250ca2cbc58cc5c4a707f0a6e857.jpg

I think that one of the benefits of a Promanade Cabin for parents of young kids is that the kids can see the parades if they are awake. For some reason, the parades run late (IMO) We were back at our balcony and missed it all. We were tired. But I think a family can go back to their cabin, bath the kids, put PJs on and let them watch the parade from the window.

I guess this would work for any other activity going on in the Promanade.

I also concidered staying on deck 6 FOS Pr just to run down quickly and get a bite to eat or something to drink.

I think there are benefits to the promanad, one being price

Just awesome info from everyone. I feel very safe to say that if things line up with us vacation wise we will try a promenade room. We really like the idea, we really like the location on the ship being close to the Royal promenade, and we liked the promenade stateroom tour on You Tube.

Hey Rick!!! Soooooo good to hear from you!! We are doing well, I'm retired, and David, not yet. Travel is still our number one priority, well, after the grandkids of course....;) Would love to travel with you guys again some day...:) We still talk about "cocktails with Rick & Joe."

To add to what my friend Rick said about the pitch darkness in a traditional inside cabin: When we were in one, we kept the light in the bathroom on and closed the door. That allowed for a little light to creep through the bottom and give just enough illumination to the room that it wasn't pitch black. Boy did I sleep well there!

Hi again! Glad things are well with you. Not sure if you're on Facebook, but if you are, look me up: Rick Akin

We would love to cruise with you both again! Just the other day, Joe and I were reminiscing about "Cocktails with Rick". So much fun!

But, back to the topic at hand. We do really love the PR cabins. The size is a non-issue for us, and we're two men. Never felt we were cramped. And honestly I like to window for people watching.

Definitely looking forward to our PR cabin on the Freedom next month!!!

Do NOT book over pub rooms ?575, ?577. ?579 some can hears music from the pub into the night.

Does anyone know if this would include all the way to deck 8? These are the exact rooms we are thinking of booking - 8577 and 8579.

Rooms on Deck 8 would not be a problem as you have 2 layers of cabins between you & the pubs below...

We had a PR room on the Adventure on Deck 8. Couldn't hear anything (could hardly even hear the parades). Of course, that high up you don't really see anything, either...except maybe the show in the cabins directly across from you. ;)

We've had PR rooms on both the ADV and Exp; Both were on Deck 8. The bay windows are angled down so you can see the promenade, but you really can't hear anything. This year we are on the IOS, and again have a PR room, but this time it is on deck 7. Close enough to see people, but above the noise from the promenade. Would not hestitate to book another

Rooms on Deck 8 would not be a problem as you have 2 layers of cabins between you & the pubs below...

I just had 8579 on the Mariner for my TA and yes I could hear noise from the pub through the window. It was not every night and would usually end by midnight. For the second cruise (I did a B2B) I had 8589 and didn't hear noise from the window but it was a connecting cabin and I could hear noises coming from the connecting room. I could hear when someone sneezed in that cabin plus I heard "adult " noises at night :eek:

We were in 7559 on the Explorer (toward the bow of the ship), and we wouldn't stay there again due to the noise. We're big fans of an afternoon nap, and the Jamaican band was big on playing in the promenade every time we tried to take a rest!

Archived