Snacks question

mtclimbermom

My family is taking our first cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess. We love playing cards. Since we have a mini suite I thought some of the time we will be playing in there. I know there are so many places to eat meals all over the ship, but are there any places to get snack foods like chips and guacamole for our card game, to bring back to my stateroom? Cheese and crackers perhaps? You get the idea. :)

but are there any places to get snack foods like chips and guacamole for our card game, to bring back to my stateroom?
That will be available in the Horizon Court until 11pm

On Princess web page there is Culinary Delights that you can order and the prices listed. Cheese and crackers (30 pieces) with fresh fruit is $12. Tortilla chips with guacamole and salsa (serves 6) costs $8.

If it was me I would just go to the Horizon Court and pick up what you want to take back to the cabin - no extra charge. You'll probably find cheese and crackers but maybe not tortilla chips and dips. But then if I was REALLY craving tortilla chips and guacamole I would buy it.

Have fun on your cruise!

The sometimes have chips and salsa or guacamole at the buffet. They always have sheese and crackers. We get some every day to have with our pre-dinner cocktails on the balcony

So do you just get a plateful and carry it all the way to your cabin? Or is there a better way?

So do you just get a plateful and carry it all the way to your cabin? Or is there a better way?

Yes, most evenings I go to the buffet and get a plate of cheese and crackers, fruit and whatever else looks good for finger foods for us to munch on with a glass of wine before dinner on our balcony. The cheese selections change daily, but I always found cheeses that we liked. On the evening that they are doing mexican food, they of course will have chips, salsa and other nacho fixings available.

Yes, most evenings I go to the buffet and get a plate of cheese and crackers, fruit and whatever else looks good for finger foods for us to munch on with a glass of wine before dinner on our balcony. The cheese selections change daily, but I always found cheeses that we liked. On the evening that they are doing mexican food, they of course will have chips, salsa and other nacho fixings available.

Thanks. I wasn't sure how it worked. :)

There are snacks everywhere for free and for sale. The Internet Cafe also has some cool healthy treats some of the afternoons (figs, nuts, other dried fruits) and, of course, the standard finger food fare most of the time. The donuts are really good. You can also buy higher end snacks available for sale in some of the stores and on deck 5.

Tom

My family is taking our first cruise to Alaska on the Coral Princess. We love playing cards. Since we have a mini suite I thought some of the time we will be playing in there. I know there are so many places to eat meals all over the ship, but are there any places to get snack foods like chips and guacamole for our card game, to bring back to my stateroom? Cheese and crackers perhaps? You get the idea. :)

We've done that, too. We had people in our cabin to enjoy some wine during sailaway and picked up a couple of plates of cheese (there was a decent selection), breads, mustard, crackers, and fruits to make up a great snack plate to enjoy with the wine.

You can also order from the limited room service--fries, sandwiches, etc.

Everyone really gave great answers and I would have said the same. But there is one thing I can add... we were in a mini-suite on our last cruise and we were watching a football game. Not wanting to leave the game, I called room service and asked if they could give us something to "snack" on for the football game. They brought us a bowl of potato chips, a bowl of oriental snack mix, and a bowl of honey roasted peanuts! It hit the spot for us! They were also wrapped in saran wrap, so what we couldn't eat, we just wrapped back up and used for the next game! :D

There are snacks everywhere for free and for sale. The Internet Cafe also has some cool healthy treats some of the afternoons (figs, nuts, other dried fruits) and, of course, the standard finger food fare most of the time. The donuts are really good. You can also buy higher end snacks available for sale in some of the stores and on deck 5.

Tom

I think you're referring to the International Cafe, not the Internet Cafe. The Coral Princess does not have an International Cafe.

Crud, I kept doing that all week ... :o To many things with IC. Thanks for the clarification.

Tom

I think you're referring to the International Cafe, not the Internet Cafe. The Coral Princess does not have an International Cafe.

We are going on the Island. The "buffet" is the Horizon Court on deck 14 is that right?

You may find better places for your games such as Horizon Court' date=' tables around the pool areas, the card/game room.[/quote']

We shouldn't encourage people to play cards and other games in the Horizon Court -- it's a buffet, not a game room, and it's inconsiderate to people who might wish to actually sit at those tables and eat.

We shouldn't encourage people to play cards and other games in the Horizon Court -- it's a buffet, not a game room, and it's inconsiderate to people who might wish to actually sit at those tables and eat.

I agree! Seems people are always complaining here about 'chair hogs' in the Piazza, Horizon Court, and other public venues playing games all day. The OP said they have a mini-suite -- let them enjoy their own balcony and private space if they want!

You can get pizza on the Lido deck and sandwiches, cookies, fruit and cheese and crackers at the buffet. You can get chips and guacamole through room service but there will be a charge.

The OP said they have a mini-suite -- let them enjoy their own balcony and private space if they want!

True! There's enough room in mini-suites to set up somewhat of a buffet area. Also, if the room service menu is looked at carefully, there are quite a few n/c items (naturally, just a tip) that would would quite well for snacks while playing cards and other games. Just a thought. :)

Archived