WOW Cards

Can someone please tell me what these cards are?

They are given out so that you can recognize the ONE crewmember who made your cruise fantastic. You only get one (per cabin) I think and they are of great value to the crewmember you award it with. They have to be given to the crewmember during the cruise. They then get rewarded/bonus for each one they receive/ or for every set number of them they receive.

Agreed with all of the above. When we gave it to our waitress I would have thought she had won the lottery. She jumped up and down and had the biggest smile on her face. Must be something very special about getting one of those.

The concierge on the Navigator in March told us that the crewmember with the highest amount of WOW cards for the year wins a free cruise for two.

You are supposed to be given them at the pier when checking in. They technically don't have them on the ship, but the concierge was able to get me 2 when I realized I wasn't given them at check in. My sister and BIL were given 4 at check in.

Staff members such as the concierge aren't eligible to receive them due to their large customer contact advantage.

We received a letter saying we were selected to get WOW cards to give out on our next cruise. So you can ask for them at the pier and you don't necessarily need to be selected before hand? Maybe I can get a bunch of them and use them as tips instead of cash. Did I say that out loud?

We received a letter saying we were selected to get WOW cards to give out on our next cruise. So you can ask for them at the pier and you don't necessarily need to be selected before hand? Maybe I can get a bunch of them and use them as tips instead of cash. Did I say that out loud?

They're supposed to be available to all C&A members. I think you're limited to 2 - but of course that would depend on your pier check in agent.

We've never been given these cards and on our last sailing it was quite embarrassing for both our stateroom attendant and head waiter to basically beg that we scored them as excellent on these cards.

I suspect that RCI have changed the compensation package for staff so that unless they receive a certain percentage of 'excellent' scores their pay is affected.

I didn't like being 'accosted' by the staff.

We have never been given these cards at pier check in. And on our last cruise we wanted to give one to our room steward. We thought you got them on board the ship. We asked at the Purser's desk and they said they had never heard of them! I was shocked. Our room steward said he thought a passenger told him that you get them at check in.

We are going to ask for them on our next cruise.

We've never been given these cards and on our last sailing it was quite embarrassing for both our stateroom attendant and head waiter to basically beg that we scored them as excellent on these cards.

I suspect that RCI have changed the compensation package for staff so that unless they receive a certain percentage of 'excellent' scores their pay is affected.

I think your steward and waiter might have been talking about the comment cards that are given out toward the end of the cruise. This comment card has a place where you score each of your servers.

I think on the WOW card you write why your steward, waiter,etc. deserves a special thanks.

I had to request them at check in at Cape Liberty last week. At first, I was told that they didn't have any, but with a little pressure from me, they were able to get some for me. (She actually came back with a large pile of them)

We were given one per person.

Are you sure they were not refering to the "Comment Cards" and not the "WOW" cards? The crew is always asking for excellent on the comment cards. There is no "scoring" on the WOW Cards.

Ask for the cards at check in last week and the lady asked "how many do you want?"

I think your steward and waiter might have been talking about the comment cards that are given out toward the end of the cruise. This comment card has a place where you score each of your servers.

I think on the WOW card you write why your steward, waiter,etc. deserves a special thanks.

Maybe so, but even then I haven't been asked previously to rate someone in such a manner that sounded like begging and I don't like it.

We got 2 on our Allure Sailing that we just got off of (we are platinum members). We didn't directly hand them to the staff. We tipped our stateroom host extra, gave her personal thank you card and left her some candy/chocolate and silently dropped the wow card at the Crown & Anchor Loyalty box so she'll get another surprise later on. ;) She was really gratefull just for what we did give her. ;)

The other wow card was harder to give out as it was for a sports staff member. I looked for this guy all morning on the last sea day to no avail. Then later that afternoon after lunch I tried again and finally found him doing the flow rider. He was all wet, so I didn't want to hand him the card (besides I had already found him earlier in the sailing and told him thank you for helping me on the Zipline as I am deathly afraid of heights, but I really wanted to try this and he really went above and beyond with me on this). Anyway, I went to the desk to sign up for the flow rider and asked the guy behind the counter if he could just get it to him (after I had them find out his first and last name which needs to be filled out on the card). The guy behind the counter was really excited to see one of his fellow staff members getting it as he said most guests don't have a clue what they are so they don't get that many. I also added in that wasn't that easy to find their staff either compared to my stateroom host. LOL!

You must request the WOW cards upon check-in at the pier. Ship's personnel is not allowed to hand them out during the cruise.

We got 2 on our Allure Sailing that we just got off of (we are platinum members). We didn't directly hand them to the staff. We tipped our stateroom host extra, gave her personal thank you card and left her some candy/chocolate and silently dropped the wow card at the Crown & Anchor Loyalty box so she'll get another surprise later on. ;) She was really gratefull just for what we did give her. ;)

I hope that the WOW cards that you dropped in the C&A Loyalty box get to the people that they were intended to. You are supposed to hand them to the person you want to recognize. That's the whole point of the program. It would really be a shame if that box is cleaned out and those WOW cards go unnoticed and are thrown away.

We did not have them on our Radiance 2011 cruise but did get them in December 2012 on the Mariner. Our early cruises were on Princess. They had "comment" cards at Customer Relations and encouraged passengers to fill them out. We enjoyed getting to know the staff, remembering names, etc. We thought the crew made a special point of smiling, being friendly, chatting, etc. Several times during the years, I'd make a suggestion about comment cards on the RCI satisfaction survey that is delivered the last night of the cruise. I think it's an excellent tool.

You must request the WOW cards upon check-in at the pier. Ship's personnel is not allowed to hand them out during the cruise.

I hope that the WOW cards that you dropped in the C&A Loyalty box get to the people that they were intended to. You are supposed to hand them to the person you want to recognize. That's the whole point of the program. It would really be a shame if that box is cleaned out and those WOW cards go unnoticed and are thrown away.

Things have probably changed but I got our cards from Guest Services while onboard the Navigator last December. We were not given any at check in.

Archived