Chrissandra's 2012 Carnival Pride Review May 27 - June 3 (lots of pics)

Chris & Cassandra, I enjoyed your Pride review. I've read one of your other reviews before, always well written, and not too picture saturated.

We've sailed the Pride before (same itinerary) but are returning this Nov. for our 35th anniversary for the Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport trip.

Was glad to see your pictures of the Serenity area. This is new since we last sailed the Pride. Have been trying to find a picture of the bar area,and you have it! Thanks!

Again, great review, Thanks!

Oliver

Chris & Cassandra, I enjoyed your Pride review. I've read one of your other reviews before, always well written, and not too picture saturated.

We've sailed the Pride before (same itinerary) but are returning this Nov. for our 35th anniversary for the Grand Turk, HMC, Freeport trip.

Was glad to see your pictures of the Serenity area. This is new since we last sailed the Pride. Have been trying to find a picture of the bar area,and you have it! Thanks!

Again, great review, Thanks!

Oliver

Thank you! You'll enjoy serenity - it's hard to find loungers on a nice day but there will usually be a seat at the bar back there at any time.

What a great way to spend an anniversary!

Great review! :)

Was your Atlantis excursion the $175 including lunch?

It looked like sooo much fun, just don't know if I can bring myself to spend that! :eek:

Thanks! Yeah, it's $175 :o.. I know it's steep, but for us it's worth it because we know we'll have a great time. I'd say don't do it if you know it's during a "heavy vacation" time like around holidays - you may spend a lot more time in lines than it's worth. We are going back to Nassau the day after Thanksgiving this year and are skipping it because we figure a lot of families will be there over the holiday week and it'll be very crowded.

there was no shampoo rack in the shower for all her crap. She really liked it on the Liberty. There was also NO electrical outlet in the bathroom (I think someone had asked about that).

That is good to know. We'll be on the Pride in 3 months, and it will be our first time on the Pride.

Chris and Cass, I really enjoyed your review. I would like to see Atlantis some day. Maybe the wife and I will have to book another cruise on the Pride. Baltimore isn't far from us.

Reading your review makes me want to be on a Fun Ship right now. Soon, we will be on our cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk. Shortly after that, we will be on the Dream and then the Miracle.

That is good to know. We'll be on the Pride in 3 months, and it will be our first time on the Pride.

Yeah I missed the shower rack and the outlet (there does appear to be some kind of weird plug, but it definitely isn't anything you can plug regular stuff into. There is a soap dish in the shower and the shower gel and shampoo dispensers which can be used to prop stuff like razors on it. Regardless, I'm sure you'll make it work, and have an excellent time :D

Chris and Cass, I really enjoyed your review. I would like to see Atlantis some day. Maybe the wife and I will have to book another cruise on the Pride. Baltimore isn't far from us.

Reading your review makes me want to be on a Fun Ship right now. Soon, we will be on our cruise to nowhere out of Norfolk. Shortly after that, we will be on the Dream and then the Miracle.

haha! I'm so glad you enjoyed it :) Nice! I know we looked at those cruise to nowheres, but for the travel time to get there, and the dates they left (still having to take days off work), and the cost of the trip, we figured we'd just go all the way with a 7 dayer. Ahh, can't wait to see a Dream-class ship, hope you have have a great time on both!!

It could also be the crowd sided with her because she clearly slapped Uncle Brucie's (the entertainment guy) hand first :rolleyes: :p ;)

Thank you Cassandra for taking my side! :D But really, I got most of my correct answers from Chris, so he did deserve 2nd place more than me. I wasn't even around in the 80's :o

Great review! :)

Was your Atlantis excursion the $175 including lunch?

It looked like sooo much fun, just don't know if I can bring myself to spend that! :eek:

Julz. You can rent a room from the comfort inn next door to Atlantis. By doing this you get 4 Atantis bracelets. It used to be abt 300 to rent the room. Check into it and see. We loved Atlantis. It was 155pp when we went.... Inflation:eek::cool:

I honestly can't even remember the question, just that the answer was croquet. I heard someone shout out the answer and just repeated it to Bruce for the win. The other guy didn't know it either so I didn't feel bad. FINALLY!!!

I remember the question "In what sport does blue and black play against red and yellow?" and the answer was Cricket. Just incase that question comes up in another cruise trivia ;)

I remember the question "In what sport does blue and black play against red and yellow?" and the answer was Cricket. Just incase that question comes up in another cruise trivia ;)

yup yup big thanks to your Chris for that one! :p

Tim is STILL obsessing about the trivia questions in various games we played that either Uncle Brucie or Gumbie had incorrect. I know they're just getting the questions and answers from an app or something so it's not like they personally had them wrong but Tim won't stop obsessing.

There were 2 in particular, one was in the general 80's game we played one day after Super Trivia and one was in the Michael Jackson Trivia we played before dinner one night. He won the Michael Jackson trivia so that one didn't matter and the one in the 80's game wouldn't have given him enough points to win anyway so I don't know why he cares, but he just won't quit! :rolleyes:

We actually came home with 4 Pride ships on a stick, 3 of which he won playing trivia and one he got for being pulled up on stage during the Welcome Aboard show. Three Carnival cruises on 3 different ships and at least one ship on a stick from each ship. :D Now we just have to continue the collection.......

Tim is STILL obsessing about the trivia questions in various games we played that either Uncle Brucie or Gumbie had incorrect. I know they're just getting the questions and answers from an app or something so it's not like they personally had them wrong but Tim won't stop obsessing.

There were 2 in particular, one was in the general 80's game we played one day after Super Trivia and one was in the Michael Jackson Trivia we played before dinner one night. He won the Michael Jackson trivia so that one didn't matter and the one in the 80's game wouldn't have given him enough points to win anyway so I don't know why he cares, but he just won't quit! :rolleyes:

We actually came home with 4 Pride ships on a stick, 3 of which he won playing trivia and one he got for being pulled up on stage during the Welcome Aboard show. Three Carnival cruises on 3 different ships and at least one ship on a stick from each ship. :D Now we just have to continue the collection.......

LOL Sounds like someone is BITTER!! Hey, at least he got all those SOS's! I know Chris was glad he at least earned the one on his own (mostly). Yeah I'm sure the entertainment staff gets the questions off Wikipedia or something like that.

He's not bitter, just a stickler for detail. Believe me! He is anal with a CAPITAL A when it comes to stuff like that! If we're watching a baseball game and an announcer gets a stat wrong, he always has to say something, then he has to look it up to make sure he's right and he usually is. If we're playing trivia and a question is wrong, he always gets the host to look it up. Our local team trivia hosts have never been able to stump him on a music question, not even once. It's kinda scary! :eek:

Really enjoyed reading your review!

I think I want to visit Atlantis someday. The water area looks amazing. Did any of those slides give you the worst "wedgie" ever? I went on a similiar looking slide at Typhon Lagoon and didn't realize how much a bathing suit can creep up!

Lido vs dining room for breakfast. I would love to eat on the Lido all the time, but I dislike going from station to station to find my food. I never have a hard time finding a seat, just keeping my food hot. I alway like omelets and there has always been a station for them, I just don't like not having my fruit, toast or potatoes nearby.

Your new "fur baby" is so cute!

Can't wait for the next review!

Really enjoyed reading your review!

I think I want to visit Atlantis someday. The water area looks amazing. Did any of those slides give you the worst "wedgie" ever? I went on a similiar looking slide at Typhon Lagoon and didn't realize how much a bathing suit can creep up!

Lido vs dining room for breakfast. I would love to eat on the Lido all the time, but I dislike going from station to station to find my food. I never have a hard time finding a seat, just keeping my food hot. I alway like omelets and there has always been a station for them, I just don't like not having my fruit, toast or potatoes nearby.

Your new "fur baby" is so cute!

Can't wait for the next review!

Thanks!!

They warn about a wedgie factor on The Abyss, but it really wasn't that bad - you go too fast!

I do agree with you about the Lido vs MRD on breakfast. I personally think the scrambled eggs on Lido have much to be desired... and agree by the time you get something, get your drinks, and get a seat the food is lukewarm. But then again when I go to MDR I want something "different".. so who knows.

That's funny, too fast to get a wedgie :)

I wish they had a better room service menu for breakfast. I would enjoy a lukewarm breakfast on my balcony.

Yeah, no hot items for breakfast. When we have been on other sailings, a lot of our rooms were in the Aft section of the ship - 1 or 2 decks below the buffet area - there's been more than a few times we would head up, get breakfast, and instead of sitting down to eat we would just hop in the elevator with our items and eat out on the balcony! This sailing, since it was so impromptu, we didn't have a balcony, plus our room was more forward, so we didn't do that time time around.

Hey! Just want to say went on the Pride last year on our 1st cruise ever, just me and my lady. Going again this summer with family.

We were so impressed with the whole cruise scene that we were all over the place and didnt do half the things we wanted, will make up for it this time around.Atlantis looks awsome, little worried about big crowds on the day we go. And as for ur review, i have read a few reviews on here and on trip advisor when i visited punta cana..i have to say its probably the best I have ever read.:)

Hey! Just want to say went on the Pride last year on our 1st cruise ever, just me and my lady. Going again this summer with family.

We were so impressed with the whole cruise scene that we were all over the place and didnt do half the things we wanted, will make up for it this time around.Atlantis looks awsome, little worried about big crowds on the day we go. And as for ur review, i have read a few reviews on here and on trip advisor when i visited punta cana..i have to say its probably the best I have ever read.:)

Wow thank you!!! That means a lot! Hopefully in July Atlantis will have typical crowds, and not crazy holiday crowds - if they do, you'll still have plenty of space to just do the river course over and over again!

No matter what, I'm glad you liked the Pride, she truly is our home ship, and we're already planning a November 2013 sailing on her again (she goes in for her Drydock 2.0 upgrades the last 2 weeks in October, and we really are looking at that first sailing in November 2012 - not to mention it goes to HMC and Grand Turk... yes please!

You and your lady will have an excellent time!

Wanted to also say, I apologize for the couple photos in the beginning that are blacked out - I realized that whenever I change album privacy settings in Picasa, it changes the URL... :rolleyes:

Therefore I added links in my signature for all 3 of our reviews to the direct photo albums in case anyone wants to see... thanks for understanding!

I just love coming back here and looking at your pictures, helps me remember how much fun the cruise was! Can't believe it was just 2 weeks ago that we were on the ship, feels like so much longer.

Glad you mentioned the dry dock! I had forgotten about that. Tim and I are looking at cruises for next year and are thinking about two possibilities, one would be cruising in February so we would be on the ship on my birthday which would be fun for me. The other is November and he was looking at the Grand Turk, HMC itinerary on the Pride. The February trip would actually be out of Port Canaveral, I don't want to cruise out of Baltimore in February. Brrrrrrr!

Anyway, really enjoy coming back here and revisiting the Pride! Oh, also regarding the MDR, we eat pretty much every meal in there. As a general rule I'm not a buffet person because I like my food hot. Tim ate maybe one or two breakfasts on Lido while I slept in and ordered room service, our other breakfasts were in MDR plus we always eat lunch in there. We might have eaten lunch on Lido once and that was because the MDR was closed the day we were in Freeport. I don't like standing in line for food. Of course everyone is different!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Just finished reading the rest of your review. Loved It !!!! Lots of great information about the ship and ports. Plus, the port of Baltimore is only a 9 hour drive for us! That would sure save us a lot of money by driving.

See you on board the Liberty,

Cari & Rick

:)

Chris and Cass, thanks so much for another wonderful review! I am so happy to see you have a new "little one", too! What a cute pup!

I also lost my 17 year old kitty the first week of March. I was so down that two days after she passed I booked the Magic for a surprise Birthday cruise for my husband and to have something to look forward to. A week later I got the surprise when my son announced he was getting married and set 12/31/12 as the date.

I just wanted to add that once our finances allow, we will be booking the Liberty for hopefully sometime next year. If it hadn't been for your outstanding Liberty review I probably would not have even thought about it. Thanks so much, and I have to agree with the earlier posters..Carnival should hire you two as spokespersons or reviewers!

Best of luck, enjoy your new pup and I'll be on the lookout for your Breeze and Liberty Honeymoon reviews!

I was thinking about that Nov sailing in 2013, too! My step daughter is getting married in the fall, so we will need a vacation. I would be great to meet you guys.

Yeah we haven't actually booked yet, but I know it's sitting there in my favorites just calling my name lol! It would be great to meet you as well!

I just love coming back here and looking at your pictures, helps me remember how much fun the cruise was! Can't believe it was just 2 weeks ago that we were on the ship, feels like so much longer.

Glad you mentioned the dry dock! I had forgotten about that. Tim and I are looking at cruises for next year and are thinking about two possibilities, one would be cruising in February so we would be on the ship on my birthday which would be fun for me. The other is November and he was looking at the Grand Turk, HMC itinerary on the Pride. The February trip would actually be out of Port Canaveral, I don't want to cruise out of Baltimore in February. Brrrrrrr!

Anyway, really enjoy coming back here and revisiting the Pride! Oh, also regarding the MDR, we eat pretty much every meal in there. As a general rule I'm not a buffet person because I like my food hot. Tim ate maybe one or two breakfasts on Lido while I slept in and ordered room service, our other breakfasts were in MDR plus we always eat lunch in there. We might have eaten lunch on Lido once and that was because the MDR was closed the day we were in Freeport. I don't like standing in line for food. Of course everyone is different!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Aww, glad we could help you relive your memories!! :p Hope you and Tim a great weekend as well!

Just finished reading the rest of your review. Loved It !!!! Lots of great information about the ship and ports. Plus, the port of Baltimore is only a 9 hour drive for us! That would sure save us a lot of money by driving.

See you on board the Liberty,

Cari & Rick

:)

Hey! Awesome, thanks!! Yep, even a 9 hour ride with gas and parking is cheaper than airfare at this point!

Archived