Chrissandra's 2012 Carnival Pride Review May 27 - June 3 (lots of pics)

Chris and Cass, thanks so much for another wonderful review! I am so happy to see you have a new "little one", too! What a cute pup!

I also lost my 17 year old kitty the first week of March. I was so down that two days after she passed I booked the Magic for a surprise Birthday cruise for my husband and to have something to look forward to. A week later I got the surprise when my son announced he was getting married and set 12/31/12 as the date.

I just wanted to add that once our finances allow, we will be booking the Liberty for hopefully sometime next year. If it hadn't been for your outstanding Liberty review I probably would not have even thought about it. Thanks so much, and I have to agree with the earlier posters..Carnival should hire you two as spokespersons or reviewers!

Best of luck, enjoy your new pup and I'll be on the lookout for your Breeze and Liberty Honeymoon reviews!

Thank you so much!! I'm so sorry to hear about the passing of your kitty - but at least you got some good news as well! Best of luck to your son and his fiancee!!

And wow thanks about the Liberty review! I'm so happy we could help! She's a great ship, and I certainly can't wait to be back on her in April! Yep, we'll have new installments soon!

Bump. Y'all need to read Chris and Cassandra's reviews. They're the best.

Awww thank you!! lol! I really feel bad now for the first couple gym photos that are blacked out because of Picasa's stupidness lol!

Seriously though, we really appreciate your awesomeness (Chris's new favorite "real" word LOL!) :p

Thanks for sharing your adventure! It was a fun read -- I laughed out loud more than once and I think I cried at least twice while reading some of the comic segments from Chris.

I loved your pictures and your new pup is super cute!

I can easily see that you both know what you like (Universal gave it away) he he...and get the most out of your cruise. I admire that you wrote the review together...seamless work! You complimented one another very well. :)

Happy Cruising!!!

Thanks for sharing your adventure! It was a fun read -- I laughed out loud more than once and I think I cried at least twice while reading some of the comic segments from Chris.

I loved your pictures and your new pup is super cute!

I can easily see that you both know what you like (Universal gave it away) he he...and get the most out of your cruise. I admire that you wrote the review together...seamless work! You complimented one another very well. :)

Happy Cruising!!!

Aww thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed our recap, and I like to think we compliment each other great as well ;) :p

• 2 weeks later...

Enjoyed reading all of your posts and pictures; they were very entertaining and informative! Exploring the possibility of the 11/3/13 departure as a "Sweet 16" group cruise for my daughter and several of her friends and fellow "fun" parents!!! It appears that you will be on this cruise; is that correct? I have seen a few posts indicating that the "Pride" may be in dry dock prior to the 11/13 sailing date. Can you provide any insight? If true, it appears that the 11/13 cruise would be extra great if a "spruce up" occurs.

Enjoyed reading all of your posts and pictures; they were very entertaining and informative! Exploring the possibility of the 11/3/13 departure as a "Sweet 16" group cruise for my daughter and several of her friends and fellow "fun" parents!!! It appears that you will be on this cruise; is that correct? I have seen a few posts indicating that the "Pride" may be in dry dock prior to the 11/13 sailing date. Can you provide any insight? If true, it appears that the 11/13 cruise would be extra great if a "spruce up" occurs.

Hi Thanks!! Actually, we already bit the bullet and booked the 11/3/13 sailing on the Pride - come join us! I'm 99% sure it's the first sailing after she comes out of Drydock with her shiny new 2.0 upgrades - so that means Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana, etc! :D It's only 492 days away :eek:

For the main course, Chris had his favorite BBQ Ribs (again same complaint as always that they should really serve this on a different day!) and I had the Lobster and Shrimp. Chris loved the ribs, same complaint for the corn on the cob - practically inedible... I don't think it's awful, but he doesn't even bother giving it a chance anymore.

You can always have the ribs in the MDR for lunch on the 2nd sea day. Are they also available in the buffet on that day also?

You can always have the ribs in the MDR for lunch on the 2nd sea day. Are they also available in the buffet on that day also?

Not sure about the buffet - we've never gone to the buffet for dinner that the night it's served in the MDR... sorry!

Not sure about the buffet - we've never gone to the buffet for dinner that the night it's served in the MDR... sorry!

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to ask if the ribs were in the buffet on the second sea day for lunch, when they're on the MDR lunch menu.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant to ask if the ribs were in the buffet on the second sea day for lunch, when they're on the MDR lunch menu.

I don't think I recall seeing them in the buffet for lunch either... but I could be wrong. Sorry I couldn't help more!

Great review! LOVED all the HP pics. I have been dying to go since they announced it was being built! I've had friends go and bring me back various souvenirs even. My husband runs a resturant and one of his vendors even brought me back Harry's wand and Gryffindor coffee tumbler :D

Anyway, it was nice to see all the detail shots. I hear they are expanding it.. was there any construction going on there that you noticed?

Also, I was ROTFL at your Quest pics! Thanks for sharing so much about the game. We went on our first RCI cruise 2 years ago and placed 2nd in the quest and I had no idea that Carnival even did it! I now know NOT to wear a dress, as to not nearly moon the guests in our section (they do it in the ice rink) during the team pyramid.

Sorry for your puppy loss and congrats on your new little guy, so cute!!

Great review! LOVED all the HP pics. I have been dying to go since they announced it was being built! I've had friends go and bring me back various souvenirs even. My husband runs a resturant and one of his vendors even brought me back Harry's wand and Gryffindor coffee tumbler :D

Anyway, it was nice to see all the detail shots. I hear they are expanding it.. was there any construction going on there that you noticed?

Also, I was ROTFL at your Quest pics! Thanks for sharing so much about the game. We went on our first RCI cruise 2 years ago and placed 2nd in the quest and I had no idea that Carnival even did it! I now know NOT to wear a dress, as to not nearly moon the guests in our section (they do it in the ice rink) during the team pyramid.

Sorry for your puppy loss and congrats on your new little guy, so cute!!

Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it :)

I'd love to see it expanded - there's a pretty pointless section right next to it with some kind of Sindbad show and then a Mythical / Poseidon ride section that I'm sure would NOT be missed if they expanded in that direction! Sadly, we didn't notice any construction visible to the masses.

I'd say a skirt and easy-on-off shirt would be best for the Quest, along with a gal in audience-appropriate undies (or a bikini!) that doesn't mind whipping it off for the clothes swap! haha!

Congrats on your puppy. We have an Aussie (tri-color) and he is the best dog I could have ever hoped for. I love him so much, he is like my child!:) We named him after my hubby's favorite pirate - Captain Jack (or "just Jack" for short..LOL). I had to post a picture (see attached).

Loved your review. I was on the inaugural cruise of the Pride in 2001. Everything was sparkly new...it was nice to know that no one had slept in the beds! That almost never happens! The ship is still very nice, judging from your pictures.

268343_10150254951882825_6480914_n.jpg.e3af1ce7fdac64f96793bffa3d6732a2.jpg

Congrats on your puppy. We have an Aussie (tri-color) and he is the best dog I could have ever hoped for. I love him so much, he is like my child!:) We named him after my hubby's favorite pirate - Captain Jack (or "just Jack" for short..LOL). I had to post a picture (see attached).

Loved your review. I was on the inaugural cruise of the Pride in 2001. Everything was sparkly new...it was nice to know that no one had slept in the beds! That almost never happens! The ship is still very nice, judging from your pictures.

Thanks! Yeah we already arranged our next Pride sailing for the first sailing out of drydock in 2013 when she gets her new 2.0 upgrades - so not as snazzy as a new ship, but the closest to new she'll get again! That's awesome you go to go on an actual inaugural sailing!

Jack is adorable! He looks like a masked bandito! :D

Hi! Loved your review. We considered cruises that stopped in Port Canaveral, but didn't thinking, "Why would we want to stop in the US?" But your review made me realize, we can go to Hogwarts! Went once and LOVED it!!

Was wondering, how much time did you actually get to spend there?

Hi! Loved your review. We considered cruises that stopped in Port Canaveral, but didn't thinking, "Why would we want to stop in the US?" But your review made me realize, we can go to Hogwarts! Went once and LOVED it!!

Was wondering, how much time did you actually get to spend there?

I attempted to respond tot his last night from my phone but it didn't work... we're in the midst of a massive power outage and currently taking advantage of Chris's parents who luckily never lost power.

Anyhoo, you get to spend quite a bit of time there... the buses leave from the port at 8am, and you arrive at Universal promptly around 9... the buses back are close to 5, so you have a good 7-8 hours there. We never felt rushed, and were ready to be done for the day both times we went. The cost may seem a bit steep through Carnival, but it includes the ticket and the transportation - and since it's through Carnival, the ship won't leave without you if something happens en route to delay your return.

Unbelievably awesome review, thanks for all of the time and effort that went into this.

Unfortunately, all of your images says bandwidth exceeded so I can't see them :(

In the future, I would recommend using imgur (google it as it appears I can't link to it here for some reason) to host your pictures as there are no bandwidth limits and the interface is simpler as well.

In any case, I'll just have to try and remember to check back here periodically to see all of the great pictures I've missed out on since the bandwidth resets each month (starting on the day you signed up for your account).

Unbelievably awesome review, thanks for all of the time and effort that went into this.

Unfortunately, all of your images says bandwidth exceeded so I can't see them :(

In the future, I would recommend using imgur (google it as it appears I can't link to it here for some reason) to host your pictures as there are no bandwidth limits and the interface is simpler as well.

In any case, I'll just have to try and remember to check back here periodically to see all of the great pictures I've missed out on since the bandwidth resets each month (starting on the day you signed up for your account).

Yeah I know Chris's photobucket does that sometimes... It usually resolves itself in a day or 2.. I'm sorry! I actually added a link to my signature that goes directly into my entire photo album, so although you won't have the pictures along with the comments, it's better than nothing!

Yeah I know Chris's photobucket does that sometimes... It usually resolves itself in a day or 2.. I'm sorry! I actually added a link to my signature that goes directly into my entire photo album, so although you won't have the pictures along with the comments, it's better than nothing!

You guys are fantastic. I ran into the problem around page 9 and later saw that you'd posted them to Picasa so I was able to see them there.

Read through the rest of the way and get to page 15 and you've already responded!

I really hope we have the opportunity to meet some couples as fun to be around as the two of you appear to be on our cruise in November. This will be half of our honeymoon so I'm really hoping it will be as amazing as your review makes it out to be.

We elected to do a two week honeymoon with this being the first half (second half is down in Hilton Head as a family member owns a place there) rather than doing a more expensive one week honeymoon at a place like Sandals.

Now I must go see if I can find a way to meet up with some people in advance for our cruise!

Thanks again for the time that goes into these reviews. I do a lot of writing in my spare time and know how much effort goes into it. Kudos to both of you, you truly have a knack for capturing the best in things!

You guys are fantastic. I ran into the problem around page 9 and later saw that you'd posted them to Picasa so I was able to see them there.

Read through the rest of the way and get to page 15 and you've already responded!

I really hope we have the opportunity to meet some couples as fun to be around as the two of you appear to be on our cruise in November. This will be half of our honeymoon so I'm really hoping it will be as amazing as your review makes it out to be.

We elected to do a two week honeymoon with this being the first half (second half is down in Hilton Head as a family member owns a place there) rather than doing a more expensive one week honeymoon at a place like Sandals.

Now I must go see if I can find a way to meet up with some people in advance for our cruise!

Thanks again for the time that goes into these reviews. I do a lot of writing in my spare time and know how much effort goes into it. Kudos to both of you, you truly have a knack for capturing the best in things!

Aww thank you!

And congratulations!! You can't go wrong with a Honeymoon on a Cruise! Plus, I see you are in Columbia - extremely close to the port, just like us! (We're in Laurel) We will be on our official honeymoon cruise in April 2013 on the Liberty :)

As far as meeting people ahead of time, I'd suggest if you haven't already - go to the Roll Calls section of these boards and find if there's already a thread for when you are sailing.. hopefully there are already some great people in there you can get to know ahead of time. We did that for the first time on our 2011 Pride trip, and met a lot of great people that we will be lifelong friends with! We always join up with the roll calls here on the boards now before our cruises.

If you have any questions, feel free to let us know! I stay subscribed to all our reviews, that way I can always answer any questions people may have :)

I'm really frustrated with Photobucket right now as I have not posted a single picture since I uploaded all of these last month. I understand going over for that month but it should've been fine this month. It said it would reset on the 9th so we'll see if the pictures are back. I wanted to wait until November before shelling out the money for pro since I'll have a ton of pictures to add for our Breeze cruise.

I'm really frustrated with Photobucket right now as I have not posted a single picture since I uploaded all of these last month. I understand going over for that month but it should've been fine this month. It said it would reset on the 9th so we'll see if the pictures are back. I wanted to wait until November before shelling out the money for pro since I'll have a ton of pictures to add for our Breeze cruise.

The bandwidth isn't measured by how much you upload to the site, it is measured by how much the site uploads to others.

What this means is that you don't have to add any additional photos to the site for you to use up your bandwidth allotment.

Say each picture is 1/5th of a meg and you post a review with 100 pictures. That means each time somebody reads the full review they are using 20 megs of your allotment for that month, or approximately 1/20th of your total bandwidth allowed for the month.

That means only 20 people could view the full review in a given month (in this hypothetical situation at least). When you consider the fact that your reviews are exceptionally popular and you have done multiple reviews, it is easy to see how you'd be running out of bandwidth each month.

Consider it a compliment...it means people really enjoy your content!

If webshots doesn't work out, check out imgurDOTcom as it is free and has no bandwidth limits.

Archived