Best Alaska cruise

This summer my immediate family is taking our first cruise ever and it happens to be to Alaska. We are taking it on Princess. We will get an idea what Princess is like. But now the rest of my family has decided to do their family reunion on a cruise to Alaska next summer. So I am wondering what your thoughts are on the best family cruise to Alaska. We will have all ages, from 4 to college age and all the ages in between, also the parents and the grandparents. When I look at best ships for family they are all in the Caribbean. We are big Disney fans but can't tell if that would be a good fit for a cruise here. Thoughts? Thanks!

Best is very subjective . Some people will prefer Carnival ,Princess or Holland America (HAL). As previous poster note Princess & HAL have been in Alaska the longest . The biggest is the age range of your group . All ships have activities from age 4 to 80+ . Just depends on personal choice.

Best is subjective but I highly recommend Princess. Other than Disney they have the best children's program in my opinion for the young ones and they do a nice job for adults and they have been cruising Alaska for a very long time and do it right.

Alaska is all about the itinerary and the good news is that Princess does offer a lot of nice choices for itinerary too.

Keith

Best, as another poster depends on what your point of view, think best car, best resturant, best city, what is best?

Princess and HAL offer probably the most ships and sailings to the two best scenic cruising; Hubbard and Glacier Bay.

The other lines do have very limited sailings as well to those two scenic sights.

Thus if you get one of those than maybe best is than chosen by line style. There it is "style" what suits your style...?

IMHO Princes offers many sailings, is more mainstream, but still offers "traditional' things like tea and formal nights. During the summer will have plenty of kids and thus active clubs and activities and thus "best" :D

Archived