Best Souvenir

pinkmaija

Samana. Our family was meeting others from our group at a beach, but we had the beach to ourselves for an hour (I renamed it "Kicker's Beach"). I found a half coconut shell which I named Wilson (think Castaway), and now Wilson travels with us on cruises.

We went on a cruise March of 2011 and my daughter and son-in-law went. Well, Jaiden Matthew is almost 6 months old now. He was conceived on the cruise! What is even funnier, his brother Micah was conceived in Jamacia on there honeymoon! I told them they better stay away form the Caribbeans...it seems to make boys!! LOL.

Not sure you would call it a souvenir but we met with some CC members on the Victory, became over night friends and now they live down the street. Guess you can count them as a souvenir :D.

We went on a cruise March of 2011 and my daughter and son-in-law went. Well, Jaiden Matthew is almost 6 months old now. He was conceived on the cruise! What is even funnier, his brother Micah was conceived in Jamacia on there honeymoon! I told them they better stay away form the Caribbeans...it seems to make boys!! LOL.

I thought the same thing.. we brought back our own little souvenier from our 2008 cruise to Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Even gave him the middle name of Thomas. lol

In March 2011 I went on the Elation out of Mobile I met a wonderful man on that cruise from Alabama (I live in Illinois). We are still together despite the long distance thing and still going strong. I wasn't expecting to find love on my cruise.

And then I would have to say my 24 Karat Ships on a Stick are a close second........HEHEHE :p

I thought the same thing.. we brought back our own little souvenier from our 2008 cruise to Coco Cay, St. Thomas and St. Maarten. Even gave him the middle name of Thomas. lol

I wonder how many children are conceived on a cruise ship. :eek: Love the irony of the middle name

Where is the like button when you need it?

I have two girls and have always wanted a baby boy... maybe I can pick up one of those souvenirs on my cruise! ;)

In March 2011 I went on the Elation out of Mobile I met a wonderful man on that cruise from Alabama (I live in Illinois). We are still together despite the long distance thing and still going strong. I wasn't expecting to find love on my cruise.

And then I would have to say my 24 Karat Ships on a Stick are a close second........HEHEHE :p

met my husband on a cruisein 2004. we got engaged and married on a cruise in 2006. he's the best souvenir i have.

My favorite souvenir, without question, are memories of all the quality times spent traveling with my grandson. He has been cruising with me since he was a little munchkin and just turned 21 and is already Platinum on Carnival, ha! He is the best traveling buddy I have ever had and I know he will look back favorably at all the fun times we shared together and our special bond...can't beat that.

Rose

My favorite souvenir would have to be a large, rustic looking map of the Caribbean that I got from San Juan. It was just a cheap map, but I have it hung up on a cork board with a bunch of little tacks showing the islands that I have visited (so far).

Belize - A hand-made treasure / puzzle box DH found for me on our honeymoon. I keep stamps and coins from our different Caribbean stops in it.

In every port, we pick up a patch for our hiking backpacks. People stop us on trail and ask about our travels. We get to re-live each port hiking around Ohio. :)

Also in every port, we pick up a nativity or Christmas ornament. We have an artifical palm tree for a Christmas tree. DH and I pick a cold, snowy, December evening and decorate the tree with all the ornaments and set out the nativities. It's a great way to re-live the memories of each trip. I write the port and year on each ornament. If we can't find an ornament that isn't "Made in China" I make one with something we pick up in the staw market - I've glued Christmas hooks onto key-chains, hair clips, wooden carvings, and many other things.

Our favorite souvenir (and one we still talk about today) is the picture below. That’s my wife standing next to a member of the Federal Police while he was stationed outside of the Diamonds International store in Playa del Carmen back in 2004. He didn’t speak English and we don’t speak Spanish, but we managed to ask him twice to take a picture with him because the first one didn’t come out right!

playa.jpg

Our favorite souvenir (and one we still talk about today) is the picture below. That’s my wife standing next to a member of the Federal Police while he was stationed outside of the Diamonds International store in Playa del Carmen back in 2004. He didn’t speak English and we don’t speak Spanish, but we managed to ask him twice to take a picture with him because the first one didn’t come out right!

playa.jpg

I love it! I would have asked for a fake arrest picture! Being that he didn't speak English, that might have not worked out to good.. :D

I love it! I would have asked for a fake arrest picture! Being that he didn't speak English, that might have not worked out to good.. :D

My son & his cousin did that in NYC - the cop was great about it - we have a fun pic now.

My best souvenir is a pair of ruby & diamond earrings form St. Thomas!

Belize - A hand-made treasure / puzzle box DH found for me on our honeymoon. I keep stamps and coins from our different Caribbean stops in it.

In every port, we pick up a patch for our hiking backpacks. People stop us on trail and ask about our travels. We get to re-live each port hiking around Ohio. :)

Also in every port, we pick up a nativity or Christmas ornament. We have an artifical palm tree for a Christmas tree. DH and I pick a cold, snowy, December evening and decorate the tree with all the ornaments and set out the nativities. It's a great way to re-live the memories of each trip. I write the port and year on each ornament. If we can't find an ornament that isn't "Made in China" I make one with something we pick up in the staw market - I've glued Christmas hooks onto key-chains, hair clips, wooden carvings, and many other things.

Love that idea for ornaments!!

This is a great thread! I love all the conception stories :)

My fave would have to be the conch shell from Freeport that was sealed up so you can blow into it like a horn. Our little girls love that thing LOL

My husband's would be his gigantic "Predator" (like, from the movie) scupture made of shark cartilage (not sure I believe that, looks like resin to me-:cool:) from Cozumel. It is totally obnoxious and ugly and took so long to haggle down the price and get it wrapped up that we almost missed the ship. We were the last ones to board!

I love collecting the ship ornament and putting them on my Christmas tree. I also collect ornaments from the different ports we have been to.

I love getting at least an embarkment photo of each cruise. I have also bought scrapbooks on the cruises. In the ports I enjoy buying unique earrings.

I have 3 favorites.

1st my son Kevin. He too was a honeymoon baby. We also buy an ornament for our Christmas tree from the ship we are on and from the ports we go. and last we bought some serving trays (carved wood with tiles) on our honeymoon in Cozemel. They were so heavy carrying around but every time we use them I still think they are so beautiful.

We have bought a Christmas ornament for each of our kids every year since they were born. Something that is a reminder of an important event from that year. i.e. got their license, got a car, graduated, etc. When they get married, or have their own tree, I will give them their ornaments to start their own traditions. Every year they all put their own ornaments on the tree and remember what happened in any given year.

Archived