Carnival Magic - First time cruiser with son with autism

joomlarocks

We are looking for our first cruise in August and have a son with Autism,can anyone advise the best place to get a great price on the Carnival Magic? Is there a site that gives a list of all sites or a brochure? I realize you can look through all the websites, but I really only wanted to look at ships that are 5 years and younger,thanks! Specifically the Carnival ships with the waterworks.

I believe that Carnival does not allow travel agents to discount prices. So the only difference, which can be significant, will be the perks that some offer. This can be an On Board Credit, pre-paid gratuities, bottle of wine, etc.

Sorry we cannot name TA under the Cruise Critic guidelines.

Cruise lines DO NOT allow their prices to be discounted via third part agents.

your only option is to find a Travel agent who offers an on board credit or something.

certain times of the year will be much more expensive for the same itinerary/cabin than others. mostly Holidays and when school is not in session. August is one of the most expensive times to cruise and quite frankly may not even be an option for the ship you want.. it's probably already sold out.

Also all these cruises seem to only have a bed and a couch where would your child sleep?

Cabins that accommodate a third/fourth person have beds that either fold down from the wall or come down from the ceiling.

For your waterworks question, you may want to post it on the Carnival section.

the couch. it will convert to a bed. some cabins have a pull down rack from the ceiling that is a twin size bed.

the cruise line website will only allow you to see the cabins that will fit your party size. if you want to see the configuration of the room, you will need to look at the floor plans.. also available on the website.

honestly you probably need to find yourself a good TA.. if you have AAA visit one of their offices that offer that service. they will have the brochures available that will be of use when you are looking for specific things such as room configuration and amenities. slightly easier than trying to juggle multiple windows on the computer.

We are looking for our first cruise in August and have a son with Autism,can anyone advise the best place to get a great price on the Carnival Magic? Is there a site that gives a list of all sites or a brochure? I realize you can look through all the websites, but I really only wanted to look at ships that are 5 years and younger,thanks! Specifically the Carnival ships with the waterworks.

Do a search for Autism at Sea. Their group was sailing with us during our March 2012 cruise on The Magic. They did a wonderful job with their group so I am sure that they can give you all the information you need.

Archived