price drop

I know it's been discussed over and over, but the search is crazy and figured I'd just ask. The cruise we're sailing on now has a balcony guarantee that will be about if not less than the price we paid (of course this is with D+ discount). Am I able to change category to get price drop after I've made final payment?

After final payment, you can get an 'upgrade' to the category that matches or is less than what you paid for a cabin.

Before final payment, you can receive a price drop unless the price drop is

for 'new' bookings only.

I'm now a firm believer in waiting to book till about six weeks out and find a cruise that meets my price point rather than book in advance (which I always used to do) and worry about getting the reduced price.

I use the prices from the Tuesday specials to monitor a cruise that I'm interested in booking and watch for that price to come up - its been interesting monitoring the difference in cabins and price points which can differ considerably from week to week for the same ship and cruise destination.

Yes, you should be able to call (or have your TA call, if you used one) and "upgrade" to the balcony guarantee. If the price is a little more than you paid, you'll pay the difference. If the price is less than you paid, you won't get the credit but you can upgrade for free.

After final payment, you can get an 'upgrade' to the category that matches or is less than what you paid for a cabin.

Before final payment, you can receive a price drop unless the price drop is

for 'new' bookings only.

I'm now a firm believer in waiting to book till about six weeks out and find a cruise that meets my price point rather than book in advance (which I always used to do) and worry about getting the reduced price.

I use the prices from the Tuesday specials to monitor a cruise that I'm interested in booking and watch for that price to come up - its been interesting monitoring the difference in cabins and price points which can differ considerably from week to week for the same ship and cruise destination.

What Tuesday special are you talking about?

Thanks!

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The above link usually uipates each Thursday with cruise pricing available on the following Tuesday - the ships and itineraries vary depending on unsold (thus available) cabins.

I've also found better pricing the prior Saturday/Sunday than on the Tuesday sale but it always depends on the volume of cabins available.

Fortunately, we're retired and can plan to depart on short notice plus drive anywhere on the East Coast within 8-10 hours - we always spend the night near the port rather than drive that distance the same day.

Our last cruise on the Freedom had Junior Suites available on the Tuesday special but the pricing was almost $200 per person less on Saturday (that was $800 on four persons/two cabins). I was thrilled!

Again, if I wish to book in August, I'll watch the pricing in June/July and decide where/when and if the price is really worthwhile to me. After all, we've been there, done that - its just that I like to be on the ocean!

I've also booked guaranty cabins; frequently saving some $$$ and been happy with the result, but then, put me out to sea and I'm happy.

Judy

http://www.creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/Multi_Dest/Special_Offers/rci_sales_event.pdf

The above link usually uipates each Thursday with cruise pricing available on the following Tuesday - the ships and itineraries vary depending on unsold (thus available) cabins.

I've also found better pricing the prior Saturday/Sunday than on the Tuesday sale but it always depends on the volume of cabins available.

Fortunately, we're retired and can plan to depart on short notice plus drive anywhere on the East Coast within 8-10 hours - we always spend the night near the port rather than drive that distance the same day.

Our last cruise on the Freedom had Junior Suites available on the Tuesday special but the pricing was almost $200 per person less on Saturday (that was $800 on four persons/two cabins). I was thrilled!

Again, if I wish to book in August, I'll watch the pricing in June/July and decide where/when and if the price is really worthwhile to me. After all, we've been there, done that - its just that I like to be on the ocean!

I've also booked guaranty cabins; frequently saving some $$$ and been happy with the result, but then, put me out to sea and I'm happy.

Judy

I looked at the link. What does 3/4 rate mean?

I know it's been discussed over and over, but the search is crazy and figured I'd just ask. The cruise we're sailing on now has a balcony guarantee that will be about if not less than the price we paid (of course this is with D+ discount). Am I able to change category to get price drop after I've made final payment?

Whether you've made the final payment is immaterial. The real question is are you inside of the penalty date? If you made your final payment early and you are still outside of

the cancellation penalty window, then you can still get the price drop.

Whether you've made the final payment is immaterial. The real question is are you inside of the penalty date? If you made your final payment early and you are still outside of

the cancellation penalty window, then you can still get the price drop.

we're now upgraded, it cost all of $15 to move from inside to balcony guarantee, the only other issue was we lost our group booking which lost us $50 OBC, but to get a balcony, I'm :)!

we're now upgraded, it cost all of $15 to move from inside to balcony guarantee, the only other issue was we lost our group booking which lost us $50 OBC, but to get a balcony, I'm :)!

Believe me it is more than worth losing a $50 OBC and paying $15 more for a balcony. We always cruise with a balcony because we too love reading at sea. We usually go to the Promenade Cafe, get a couple of cookies or some pastries then we order a pot of coffee from room service, head to our balcony and pull out our Kindles.

Archived