Going back to Princess?

39august

We haven't sailed Princess since 2004, so I have questions. We have sailed Princess on 6 seven night cruises. Do we get any perks, please? Has CB been refurbished and if so, what was done? I have always been concerne that CB would be crowded in public areas since she is basically a Grand class ship but with an added deck of cabins. Does Princess still allowed wine to be carried on? I can recall taking as many as 6 bottles on at least one cruise!

Also will get you priority Embarkation boarding, repeat cruisers party, and as others have said, the Internet package (and if both you and your traveling companion/spouse are both Platinum you each get the Internet package)...also cocktail lounge with appetizers and drink specials each night...

Does Princess still allowed wine to be carried on? I can recall taking as many as 6 bottles on at least one cruise!

They still (unofficially) allow people to take on as much as they like. It's one of the things that on other cruise lines you have to smuggle on board.

They offer a special cocktail (at a reduced price) and a nice assortment of daily appetizers in one of the lounges to Platinum+ members daily. There will be a card in your cabins when u embark with the details. Oh, the applies are free. It's especially nice if u have late dining.

Thanks so far for all the info. Has anyone sailed CB lately and can comment on what kind of shape she is in and if she has been refurbished at all? Oh, other questions. I can't remember but I think Princess has a grill near one of the pools for burgers. Right? That is something I really think is lacking on RCI ships. Is the aft pool still adult only? How many levels is the CB dining room?

August...can't comment on the Caribbean as I've never sailed her...but regarding the burger grill, yes they have it as well as the pizzeria outside near the pool on most ships. Agree with you that we missed that on RCI...the only option for lunch up near the pool was the buffet. Don't laugh, but I actually found the food options a bit lacking on RCI...I much prefer the offerings at the International cafe on Princess larger ships to RCI's coffee shop or pizzeria (and the pizza tasted like frozen grocery store pizza) and their dinner buffet closed at 9....

For us the approx 36 passenger space ratio is far and away too low and when we were on the Caribbean Princess the number of pax just confirmed that. Never again.

Look at the deck plans on Princess.com it will give you some of the information you are requesting.

Caribbean Princess is in wonderful shape and I believe she was just refurbished in October last year, so she should be even better. There are two adult only pools, the aft-terrace pool, and the forward Lotus-Spa pool, both are adults only (16+). As for crowding, I would say the area where the photo center is, can get pretty cramped during dinner hours, since its like a long hallway, but other than that, never felt crowded.

We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess twice, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess and the crowds never felt any different on any of these three ships! Although we have not been on the CB in a few years we have found Princess to maintain their ships nicely. Give it a go as we are doing on the CB next year, I think you will be pleased as we have been with any Princess ship so far! Wine has never been an issue on any of the sailings we have completed. Welcome back!

Ken

We have sailed on the Caribbean Princess twice, Emerald Princess and Ruby Princess and the crowds never felt any different on any of these three ships!

Wonder why?

Been on the Caribbean Princess 4 times and she is one of our favorite ships. You may experience some crowding at times, but we've never found it to be that bad that it bothered us.

We only found it a problem in the Princess Theatre, HC. Show lounge. Internet Cafe, and on and on.

We find it amazing that anyone can go from say a Island or Coral or a Grand, Star, Golden or a small ship and not find these newer ones not crowded.

They even compromised on the Royal on space ratios but it will still be more crowded than the above and less crowded than the CB and its clones.

There are many posts on this crowind issue if anyone wishes to look them up.

Archived