holiday decorations

Ians Grandma

We are going to be on the Statendam from Nov 23 until Dec 21. I was just wondering if the ship will have any holiday decorations up during that time or if they would wait until the following cruise (if they do them at all). I was on a Disney cruise during the holidays and they did have a big, beautiful tree in the atrium.

We have cruised often during the first two wks of December and found Xmas decor all over the ship. The Noordam even had some outside near the smokestacks! There are decorated trees throughout the ships. As we were departing the Ryndam there were setting up a gingerbread Christmas village. Passengers decorated their rooms and doors with small decorations.

We are going to be on the Statendam from Nov 23 until Dec 21. I was just wondering if the ship will have any holiday decorations up during that time or if they would wait until the following cruise (if they do them at all). I was on a Disney cruise during the holidays and they did have a big, beautiful tree in the atrium.

Yes the decorations will go up on your cruise. Usually they put them up around the 15th of December sometimes early.

We were on the Amsterdam last year from December 5th to December 20th and the florist on board began putting up the decorations abour 5 days into the cruise. They were absolutedly beautiful. The previous year we were on Nieuw Amsterdam November 28th to December 12th and an outside group put up the decorations. There were lots of trees and gorgeous poinsiettas everywhere. We love to cruise this time of year to enjoy the beautiful decorations. Barbara

Archived