Traveling with 15 month old nephew--question about ports and getting on/off ship

April-in-NC

My parents, my sister, brother in law, me and my 15 month old nephew are going on the Carnival Victory next week.

If we all get off the ship together but chose to come back in groups is someone OTHER than his parents able to bring my nephew back on board?

For example we all go to the beach in the morning but my Mom wants to bring him back on board for a nap. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Yes..anyone can bring him back...no problem.

Thanks! We weren't sure if his card would have a picture of his parents on it which would cause alarm if someone else brought him back. :)

Will he have his own room key?

Yes, he will have his own keycard. the card is not just a key to the room, but it is his identity card. When he leaves the ship, it is scanned and shows he has left the ship. when he reboards, it is scanned and shows he is back onboard. this is how they know if people are missing when it is time for the ship to leave. EM

What happens if someone other than the parents want to take him OFF the ship? E.g. if the parents are doing a shore excursion and the grandparents want to take baby to the beach? From the family description it looks like the baby has a different last name from the aunt (OP) and grandparents. Does that cause an issue?

Just curious.

The cards are pretty much just used to keep track of who is on the ship and who isn't. They scan them on the way off and on the way back on. I've never seen anyone look at the names on the cards--especially getting off the ship. I don't think you should have any problem if any member of your party has your nephew.

When we sailed with our 6 month old my mother also came along. Several times she returned early to the ship with him and there was no issue. However, her reservation was linked to ours. I'm not sure if there would be an issue if someone else had taken him on or off ship.

Archived