Fort Lauderdale Hotel recommendations

Cher7

I heard the Cambria Suites was a really nice place to stay, anyone been there?

I've stayed there pre-cruise before. It's a very nice hotel with suite-style rooms. The rooms have a separate living area with sleep sofa and 42" flat screen tvs. FYI: There's not much within walking distance and you have to pay for your breakfast.

I used to live in Florida and there was a Marriott right across the intracoastal from Pier 66. I used to go there clubbing in my glory days! :D What is that hotel now called? I can not seem to find it anywhere. We are cruising out of FLL November 17 and trying to deide on a hotel.

Thanks in advance

I used to live in Florida and there was a Marriott right across the intracoastal from Pier 66. I used to go there clubbing in my glory days! :D What is that hotel now called? I can not seem to find it anywhere. We are cruising out of FLL November 17 and trying to deide on a hotel.

Thanks in advance

That sounds like the Renaissance, which may be affiliated with Marriott. It is an excellent hotel and a perfect location. Best of all, it may not be hard to get the Renaissance on Priceline for about $70 or less. Be sure to read and understand the information on sites like biddingfortravel.com and/or betterbidding.com before you bid. That is the only 4* hotel in the downtown zone, so unless they add a new hotel, you would be assured to get it. The best priceline rates would probably come a month or less before your stay, so you would need to book a backup hotel that you can cancel.

Asking what hotels to use, should also depend on when you need them. For instance, prices in January, very high season in Ft. Lauderdale.

Prices for May, you can get hotels really inexpensive (ex Hampton Inn).

In January, that inexpensive and not fancy hotel cost the same as the nicer ones. So in our case, booked the Renaissance for January.

:eek: you're not kidding! talk about sticker shock lol

i gave up on hotwire and priceline after the $200 a night mark was reached for my date (1/12).

wound up using hilton's MVP rate and have OV tower room at Doubletree Bahia Mar under $200 including all taxes, they had the annex building for approx $20 less. We're beachy types anyway:) so it's a fit. Figure the taxi from airport and one to pier not more than $50.

i gave up on hotwire and priceline after the $200 a night mark was reached for my date (1/12).

You're bidding way, way too early!

You're lucky that you didn't lock yourself into a non-refundable room at $200/night.

When I check biddingfortravel.com, I see that several people got nice 4* hotels last January for about $90, but they waited a week before when they bid.

Keep your current hotel as a backup, hopefully you have one that you can cancel, then start bidding on priceline in December.

BTW, if you get a room in the FLL downtown area, a taxi will be only $10 each trip.

ParrotFeathers,

$200+ It depends on your specific dates. Are you looking for 1/13/13 for one night?

I have seen the best deals for the Embassy suites on lastminutetravel.com. But right now, they are acually a little higher than the direct rate with the hotel. They don't post the name of the hotel on lastminutetravel, but you can tell which hotel from the photos.

If you are patient, you can probably get a nice 4* hotel in that area for less than $100/night if you use priceline in December. You won't get the Embassy Suites on priceline though.

Yes, January 13. I got a great deal on LMT for Intercontinental in Miami for October. Thanks.

ParrotFeathers,

$200+ It depends on your specific dates. Are you looking for 1/13/13 for one night?

I have seen the best deals for the Embassy suites on lastminutetravel.com. But right now, they are acually a little higher than the direct rate with the hotel. They don't post the name of the hotel on lastminutetravel, but you can tell which hotel from the photos.

If you are patient, you can probably get a nice 4* hotel in that area for less than $100/night if you use priceline in December. You won't get the Embassy Suites on priceline though.

You're bidding way, way too early!

You're lucky that you didn't lock yourself into a non-refundable room at $200/night.

When I check biddingfortravel.com, I see that several people got nice 4* hotels last January for about $90, but they waited a week before when they bid.

Keep your current hotel as a backup, hopefully you have one that you can cancel, then start bidding on priceline in December.

BTW, if you get a room in the FLL downtown area, a taxi will be only $10 each trip.

Yep, i'm glad to have a room that i cancel if something better comes along but I don't expect it to on the beachfront (just can't imagine being so close to the beach and not being able to stay near it;)).

I've always have good luck with the opague sites where I travel at approx 6 months and then a month or so out which is why I surprised not to see anything really promising for FLL.

Hilton Marina - close enough to see the ships, quick cab ride, great property. We have stayed there pre cruise 3 times and are booked in there again in December.

Say more about why you like the Hilton Marina. I just checked its ratings on tripadvisor, and there are quite a few negative ones with some indirectly questioning security and others mentioning dirty rooms. I don't mind run down which is what some people mean when they say "dirty" as I simply want a place to sleep the night before my cruise, but I do want to feel safe, and I don't like dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived