Fort Lauderdale Hotel recommendations

Cher7

I am looking for a good hotel in the Port Everglades area with decent dining, preferably free breakfast and free shuttle to the ship. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks everyone!

Hyatt Place on 10th

Embassy Suites on 17th St

Renaissance on 17th St

There are two Hyatt Place hotels near FLL. You want Hyatt Place North. It's almost right next to Embassy Suites and just down the street from the Renaissance. The Renaissance is closer to the port but doesn't include shuttles to/from the airport or port, and it doesn't include breakfast. The other two do so take those into account when comparing pricing.

There are two Hyatt Place hotels near FLL. You want Hyatt Place North. It's almost right next to Embassy Suites and just down the street from the Renaissance. The Renaissance is closer to the port but doesn't include shuttles to/from the airport or port, and it doesn't include breakfast. The other two do so take those into account when comparing pricing.

I noted in my post the Hyatt on 10th which is next to Outback/Embassy Suites/lots of shops.

And the Renaissance you can walk to pier #2 so no shuttle needed. :p

However if you do need a shuttle at the Renaissance its only a few dollars.

I noted in my post the Hyatt on 10th which is next to Outback/Embassy Suites/lots of shops.

And the Renaissance you can walk to pier #2 so no shuttle needed. :p

However if you do need a shuttle at the Renaissance its only a few dollars.

Yep. I know that but sometimes, when people check lists of hotels, they don't always check the address on the map and might potentially book the one furthest from the port. It's an easy mistake to make. I know I've almost made it myself. That's the hotel my sister and I stayed in for almost a month a couple of years ago when my BIL was so sick so I'm partial to it. :)

As for walking from the Renaissance, I might have considered that if I were 50 years younger, but I'm not nor will I ever be again. That's what happens when you get old and grey like me. :)

last time we cruised with Princess there were hotels that they contracted with which included a shuttle to the ship. We are planning a nov 11 cruise on the ruby. Don't Princess still have a hotel/shuttle service available?

last time we cruised with Princess there were hotels that they contracted with which included a shuttle to the ship. We are planning a nov 11 cruise on the ruby. Don't Princess still have a hotel/shuttle service available?

They do - but you will normally pay more than if you booked it on your own.

Has anyone stayed at the rodeway inn and suites? They have free breakfast, free shuttle to and from the port, and they will let you park your vehicle for up to 21 days. We just want a place to sleep and park the vehicle.

Yes ... Princess still does that. Last year the Princess hotel I stayed at was the FLL Beach SHeraton. The price of the room included the transfer from the airport to the hotel and the transfer from the hotel to the ship.

We have the same hotel arrangement booked for a cruise in March 2013.

Very nice hotel in a great location right on the beach, and within walking distance of what they call "The Strip", where there are restaurants and shopping. My room last year was a corner room that had two windows ... one facing the beach and one facing the port area. I was able to watch the Emerald Princess, which I was going to be sailing on, arrive berfore dawn, and could see it docked at the pier.

We stayed at a hotel that was close enough to walk to the pier once. The guard at the gate gave us a hassle before finally letting us in. The one we had talked with earlier in the morning was not there by the time we finished getting ready. It's not really designed for walking once you get past the guardhouse. But if your ship is one of the ones docked closest to the bridge, it's not a bad walk other than having to lift your rolling suitcases over a few obstacles.

Our favorite hotel is the Hyatt Place North. The rooms are comfortable, it's convenient to Total Wine and the grocery store and restaurants, and usually a lot cheaper than the other nearby hotels worth staying at.

Asking what hotels to use, should also depend on when you need them. For instance, prices in January, very high season in Ft. Lauderdale.

Prices for May, you can get hotels really inexpensive (ex Hampton Inn).

In January, that inexpensive and not fancy hotel cost the same as the nicer ones. So in our case, booked the Renaissance for January.

Has anyone stayed at the rodeway inn and suites? They have free breakfast, free shuttle to and from the port, and they will let you park your vehicle for up to 21 days. We just want a place to sleep and park the vehicle.

I've stayed at the Rodeway before and plan to again in Nov. It is reasonable, clean, Izzy who runs the hotel has some of good jokes as he is getting everybody on the free shuttle. The on site restaurant is a sports oriented place and has great hamburgers, as well as many other things. I'll stay there everytime when I leave out of Port Everglades.

We like the Marriott Courtyard. it isn't really too near anything, but it is comfortable and you can get a shuttle to the ship or take a cab. Both are reasonable. My Aunt likes the Sleep Inn, which I think, is a bit less expensive. We also stayed at the Sheraton and it was fine, too. Neither has free breakfast. Last time we used price line and it worked out very nicely. We always try to go in the day before, just in case.

Ohiodoglover

Last December we stayed at the Springhill Suites. Free shuttle from airport and to the cruise terminal and a decent full breakfast. Crazy friendly staff. We had a late arrival, and upon calling the hotel to see how late the shuttle operated I was told midnight, but that I'd be reimbursed for cab fare if I gave my receipt to the front desk clerk. This place worked just fine for laying our heads down for a few hours.

We've stayed at the Embassy Suites. Manager's reception in the evening, full breakfast in the morning. Room to lock your luggage in if you get there before you have room access.

Crown Plaza is a block from the port. They do have a free shuttle from the airport but no free breakfast. The shuttle service for the hotel will take you to and from the port for $8pp. You can see photos if you click on my Freedom review in my signature.

On our last cruise from FLL we stayed at the Hyatt Place on 17th Street, right near the convention center. Nice facility, nice continental breakfast and near Total Wines and Liquors. Many decent restaurants are near-by. The provided a free shuttle from the airport. Like most hotels in the area they now leave the port shuttle service to a private concern which charges $6 pp. We were four people and took a cab for a grand total of $10 with tip. If you wish to take their shuttle just sign-up at the front desk.

As for the Renaissance Hotel, also on 17th Street almost across the street from the Hyatt Place, short walk to the port entrance but a loooo-ooong walk to the far out piers which Princess uses (read you ain't going to do it with your luggage just to save $6.) Sometimes there are very good rates to be found at this hotel, however no free breakfast, but a few breakfast places in the strip mall just next door.

SAS

Archived