Would I Be Crazy To.........

Also, remember the balcony is an additional room/space for you to spread out. And relaxing in your pj's in the AM is an awesome perk. Along with being able to watch the ports come and go without having to leave your cabin to go find an outside space. I personally would not change, but you have to do what is best for you and your 2 daughters. Good luck!

You definitely made the right decision because now you sound like you're sure and confident about it!:) Good for you!

Have a wonderful time with your girls and don't worry about the expense or what you might have saved in the inside - some experiences are priceless.

(This I know because we blew it out once on the RFS on Voyager with our DS, DIL, and toddler granddaughter. It cost a lot, but it was the best time ever, and it's impossible to put a value on that in terms of $$.);)

Judy

I hear ya Johneeo!! But she is all mine LOL. Nothing that a fruity cocktail won't cure!

You are a much better person than I.

Me ..... a complainer ...... a balcony ...... someone is going overboard.:eek:

At least there is a cure, you should have a great time.

Thank you all so much for all of your replies and opinions. They were all exactly what I was looking for and helped me out a lot.

Phoenix. Your reply actually made me cry a little. This is indeed the last and only opportunity that I am able to go away with just these two. I have 4 kids. 3 girls (28, 15 and 7). I also have a 13 year old son. My oldest wants to be starting a family as soon as we get back and we have never been on a girls trip. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us.

Judy. Not a financial hardship but an unexpected savings I do not get seasick since finding what a miracle Bonine is for me! I jumped on the aft on deck 7 as you have some of the ships structure in sight. I think it was perfect for me as I do not like to directly stare down into water and the balcony is so deep that I can sit away from the railing and still enjoy being outside.

This cruise is instead of a sweet 16 party and it's a SURPRISE for my daughter who will be jumping up and down at the port :)

I am keeping the JS!

Good choice, some things are more important then money and this sounds like one of them. :)

Thank you all so much for all of your replies and opinions. They were all exactly what I was looking for and helped me out a lot.

Phoenix. Your reply actually made me cry a little. This is indeed the last and only opportunity that I am able to go away with just these two. I have 4 kids. 3 girls (28, 15 and 7). I also have a 13 year old son. My oldest wants to be starting a family as soon as we get back and we have never been on a girls trip. It is a once in a lifetime opportunity for us.

Judy. Not a financial hardship but an unexpected savings I do not get seasick since finding what a miracle Bonine is for me! I jumped on the aft on deck 7 as you have some of the ships structure in sight. I think it was perfect for me as I do not like to directly stare down into water and the balcony is so deep that I can sit away from the railing and still enjoy being outside.

This cruise is instead of a sweet 16 party and it's a SURPRISE for my daughter who will be jumping up and down at the port :)

I am keeping the JS!

Great choice! Enjoy:)

Personally, an aft JS is worth the extra $$. I couldn't sail in a cabin without a balcony, let alone without a window to know if it's day or night. But that's a personal preference. While some folks see their cabin as a sleeping/showering/changing room, I see it as personal retreat where I can enjoy the ocean view in privacy without fighting for a lounger or getting out of my pjs first thing in the am -- to me, priceless.

But if budget is important, then of course save the $$.

I agree with you..............................:)

I would not make the change. Apparently money isn't really an issue or you wouldn't have booked the JS to begin with.

You are basically going to have 3 women in the cabin, ... 3. The balcony would really come in handle at showering/dressing times. I'll sit on the balcony and partially dry my hair while DH is in the shower. Much better than staring at 4 walls, ... waiting.

Whatever you decide I hope you all have a great time. :)

I jumped on the aft on deck 7 as you have some of the ships structure in sight. I think it was perfect for me as I do not like to directly stare down into water and the balcony is so deep that I can sit away from the railing and still enjoy being outside.

I am keeping the JS!

I think you made the right decision based on everything you've said. We had a Deck 6 aft JS on Navigator and we LOVED, LOVED, LOVED that balcony...some don't like the superstructure but I loved the mix of shade and sun we got, and being able to see the wake. Plus I think you will really appreciate the extra space with 3 in the room, the closet is a big plus in itself.

Have a wonderful girls' getaway!!

Ughhhh. I am soooooo torn

It is me, my newly married 28 year old daughter and my 16 year old.

This is a girls only 5 nighter to celebrate my daughters sweet 16 birthday

My married daughter is not coming on the NCL trip the month before.

I do not think I would mind the inside. Sitting on the balcony while the ship is moving makes me seasick. My soon to be 16 never complains about anything. My oldest is a COMPLAINER. I discussed it with her and she was not happy. She is paying for herself and the 3rd pass savings is obviously not as large as 1st and 2nd so she is not losing much by staying with the JS.

To my surprise RC online let me put a hold on the inside GTY for 24hrs

My final payment on the JS is due tomorrow at 5pm. So I need to make a decision.

Not to sound offensive, but your oldest is kind of getting a cheap ride here no matter which room you pick. She probably has almost no difference in price. She's the last one who should be complaining.

If it was my DD, I would look her straight in the eye, and say she can pay for the 2nd person rate with her sister being the 3rd, and see if she still has the same opinion about a move. But that's how I would roll with her *sly grin*

I've done about the same amount of inside, outside, balconies and a couple of suites. I obviously prefer the larger cabins/balconies, but we always factor price into our cruise and stateroom choice. (Which is why we've sailed in all of them, sometimes the extra cost is worth it, sometimes not).

I did the 5-night Bermuda cruise on the explorer in an inside, you don't miss that much, though it will be a bit tighter. We find if we don't have a balcony we end up on the pool deck more, if we have one we lounge there. (Of course, Aft balconies are not the same as regular balconies so that factors in) So personally I would make the switch, and save the money to help take another cruise.

I did the 5-night Bermuda cruise on the explorer in an inside, you don't miss that much, though it will be a bit tighter.

Just a possibility, but 3 women in an inside could develop into an episode of The Real Housewives of the Explorer of the Seas. ;)

LOL on the Real Housewives on the Explorer.

I was also trying to imagine us all showering and doing our hair as all 3 of us have a lot of hair and we blow dry and use a straightener LOL

The JS was the agreed upon room from the beginning so I do not fault my daughter for complaining.

It's all good and my sweet 16 will be over the moon with the girls only trip and that is what matters the most to me.

I will make sure to report back after our sailing :)

Now that "we" ;) have all decided that doberlady will stay in the JS.... I have a quick question about the aft JS. I am currently in a hump balcony and am thinking of upgrading to a JS. The aft JS balcony that everyone keeps speaking of, sounds wonderful. I tend to get a bit seasick, so is there more motion in the aft cabins? Or noise from the rudders? (I am a light sleeper). Should I stick to the hump? Or is the aft JS that awesome? Any thoughts? Thank you!! And doberlady, be sure to let us know about your cruise and your 16 YO surprise!!

Now that "we" ;) have all decided that doberlady will stay in the JS.... I have a quick question about the aft JS. I am currently in a hump balcony and am thinking of upgrading to a JS. The aft JS balcony that everyone keeps speaking of, sounds wonderful. I tend to get a bit seasick, so is there more motion in the aft cabins? Or noise from the rudders? (I am a light sleeper). Should I stick to the hump? Or is the aft JS that awesome? Any thoughts? Thank you!! And doberlady, be sure to let us know about your cruise and your 16 YO surprise!!

Personally, I would stick with the hump.

Not really interested in looking backwards at where we have been.

It is a lot of walking.

But, little to no foot traffic back there.

Personally, I would stick with the hump.

Not really interested in looking backwards at where we have been.

It is a lot of walking.

But, little to no foot traffic back there.

Thanks johneeo, I didn't think about the extra walking. I have 2 bad knees, 3 surgeries behind me, but still have trouble with my knees and pain. So that is a great reason to stay in the hump. Thanks again!

Archived