Millennium Family Verandah cabin choice should I change?

3littlepigs

We have just been allocated our Family Verandah cabin (which had been booked on Guarantee) its on deck 7 but not a corner cabin.

I just spoke to a very helpful man at Celebrity who checked which other cabins were available, the only corner cabins we could get are on level 9 which is immediately below the Ocean Bar.

Am I better with my potentially quieter and more private cabin on level 7 or should I change to the corner cabin on 9 with its super duper verandah?

We are on a 14 day trip, but only have 4 sea days.

Thanks

I have been in deck 9 corners, twice and deck 8 corner once. I actually prefer deck 9. We had absolutely no noise, etc. In fact it is nice because the guitarist plays some evenings and it really romantic. I feel you actually have more privacy on 9, with less decks above you looking down on you, and you can be tucked under the canvas area without being seen at all.

There have been no issues with noise of chairs, etc. We love deck 9, as we can run up one level to get sushi, etc. and brought down to enjoy on our balcony. My hubby would run up in the morning to get coffee, and bring it back down. It is actually better than the room service cofffee. We live on our balcony! We would have dinner from MDR brought down to enjoy on the balcony with the guitarist playing above!

BEWARE: once you have one of those corner FOV, you will be spoiled for life! There is not another cabin with a better balcony, aside from the Penthouse Suite!

I absolutely would not want a non-corner, as it has a tunnel-like balcony!

I absolutely agree with Chooz2Cruz. I would definately take the corner on 9. Much better balcony. They only better balcony we have had was when we hed the Penthouse on Millennium. Biggest balcony I have ever seen, although half of it was not private as the balconies above looked down. Tat is the other reason I would prefer 9 corner.

Deck 9 corner FV every day of the week for me. I have been in 9197 and 9156 and whilst you do get some chair scraping (and I sometimes smelled smoke in 9197 as the deck above on that side of the ship is designated as a smoking area) the corner balcony more than makes up for it.

Phil

Well we had the non corner FV on the Summit last year on deck 7 and I loved it. Do you have young children? If you do I personally didn't want the corner one. It has a metal balcony (there is an open area I believe - not sure if it is with plexiglass or not). I was concerned my girls would want to climb on chairs to see over the side. I love the non corner ones because there is glass and therefore no need to stand on anything to see out. They loved it. If you don't have young kids then I guess it would be personal preference. You hear mixed reviews some say deck 9 is quiet others not so much so it might depend on how crowded the ship is, how early people are up etc.

Just got off the Milliennium thru the canal. Had deck 8 corner and friends had deck 9 corner. No complaints from them about noise. As others have said, this is a no brainer. :) The cabin is the best deal on the ship and will spoil you for anything else. ;)

Thans everyone that is very helpful.

Our kids are teenagers rather than little.

According to Celebrity both 9197 abd 9156 are available (or were last night)

We all have issues with cigarette smoke, so I should try to find out where the smoking areas are, I did ask the chap at Celebrity, he said the Ocean Bar was non smoking, but I should try to make sure...is it one side if the ship over the other?

The smoking side is on the port side above 9197. So I would take 9156.

We all have issues with cigarette smoke, so I should try to find out where the smoking areas are, I did ask the chap at Celebrity, he said the Ocean Bar was non smoking, but I should try to make sure...is it one side if the ship over the other?

As I recall, 9156 would be on the smoking side as it was that way on the pool deck.

Just saw the earlier post. We will need a third opinion to settle the matter.

Anyone else know which side is smoking?

A quick google shows comments that smoking is on the port side of the pool deck so if its still available I might request 9156 which is the starboard side. Will just have to wait until the office opens here and see how helpful they are, either way we are happy with either cabin!

Thanks!

After a number of local and international phone calls we now have a booking showing 9156

I appreciate all the suggestions. Now the teens will want a paddling pool for their big verandah!

Excellent work - I'm sure you are going to love it!

Thanks!

After a number of local and international phone calls we now have a booking showing 9156

I appreciate all the suggestions. Now the teens will want a paddling pool for their big verandah!

Well dome. Good choice. You may have already looked at them, but if not there are some pictures of 9156 on the newly refurbished Constellation (sister ship) on pages 6 & 7 of the cabin picture link in my signature. Enjoy!

Phil

Thanks Libby! We didnt score your great cabin...but not too shabby!

Thanks Phil, off to have a look now. I found a link to a set of 92 photos someone took of one of the corner cabins about 5 yrs ago, husband will be very pleased when he sees them.

GREAT photos Phil! Thanks for sharing!

Congrats! 9156 is my favorite cabin on ANY ship! We have been lucky enough to get it twice! Enjoy!, but just remember.......................you will never want any other cabin! and it so difficult to get unless you are a party of 5. I am constantly looking for it, and I know it does not become available until just a couple of months before sailing!

I think we were lucky to book with 4 because its an Asian cruise and there are unlikely to be many parties of 5. Normally we would be 5 but eldest daughter is flying direct to Hong Kong to meet us because she has to work at her vacation job right up until Christmas. Funny thing is because she is flying out so late her air ticket alone is the cost of the other kids cruise plus airticket! Gotta love those 3rd and 4th person in a cabin discounts.

I showed them all Phil's photo's last night and they are very excited!

Archived