TJ Tours - Berlin/Tallin/Helsinki

Did anybody use TJ Tours for those above ports?. We would like to hear your feed back if you did.

Thanks

We used TJ Travel for St Petersburg...Outstanding !!!! ...JMHO I don't really think you need a tour company for Tallinn & Helsinki..we easily did those on our own...Haven't been to Berlin.

We used TJ Travel for St Petersburg...Outstanding !!!! ...JMHO I don't really think you need a tour company for Tallinn & Helsinki..we easily did those on our own...Haven't been to Berlin.

Thanks for the response.

We already heard their tours in Russia are good but we are interesting Berlin the most and just wonder if they would give a good tour as St. Petersburg. It is possible they might use a different providers since it will be outside Russia. The price for all three ports is cheaper than the cruiseline for Berlin only.

Edited by ChattTenn

• 1 year later...

I am going to use TJ Travel for my tour of Russia....but I'm interested in also using them for the other cities. Has anyone used TJ Travel them for Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen, or Helsinki?? I'd love to know about your experiences! Were the tours GREAT?

They have great reviews for Russia....but, again, I wonder how they are in other cities?? Thanks!!

• 5 months later...

My wife and I will be cruising on the Royal Princess in August 2014 and plan to use TJ Travel in St Petersburg. Friends recommended the tour and we have made contact with the company.

We would like to also tour from Warnemunde to Berlin. Has anyone booked TJTravel from the Royal Princess on August 22nd? If so maybe we could join your group.

Thank you for replying re package tours on the Balltic tours, T J Travel, we will definitely book 2 days St Petersburg but would like to get the Package for 4 or 5 capitals as you have.

We are new to Cruise Critic so a little green about how to join a Cruise Critic group - awaiting an email from TJ Travel on group package prices etc.

Look forward to hearing about the tours on your post.

My wife and I will be cruising on the Royal Princess in August 2014 and plan to use TJ Travel in St Petersburg. Friends recommended the tour and we have made contact with the company.

We would like to also tour from Warnemunde to Berlin. Has anyone booked TJTravel from the Royal Princess on August 22nd? If so maybe we could join your group.

Barry, you need to look for your sailing on the ROLL CALL boards. First find your cruise line, then the ship and then scroll through and look for your departure date.

• 3 weeks later...

We used tj tours for 5 ports in Spb, Helsinki,Stockholm,Tallinn,Berlin. Other than Helsinki, all the tours were great. The tour leaders were wonderful especially Elissa in Stockholm and Alissa in Tallinn We tipped in usd. Helsinki you are better off just taking a hop off and on bus or a shuttle into town. Not worth the money for a private tour in this port

I just used tj tours in 5 ports. Other than Helsinki which you certainly can do on your own, I thought the tour leaders were great. Really enjoyed working with this company. Tatiana answered all my questions, and even got to meet her in st Petersburg

Did a group tour as part of our 5 city package in Berlin. We ended up with only 14 people which made it seem like a private tour. Our guide was a former history teacher, who knew so much about the east/West Berlin history, it was great

Pleased that your tours in Scandinavia were so nice and that with a group of 14 even better. We realise that Helsinki could be easily done without a tour - we needed to do a package, so Helsinki is included.

Will let you know how we get on after our cruise ends, early September.

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I wondered if anyone has any more recent experience with TJ Tours in Berlin and Stockholm? We've signed on with TJ for SPB, Berlin Stockholm for next September. The email communication has been great and their CC prices are terrific as well.

I just noticed though on the tour confirmation that for Berlin, there will be no headsets and for Stockholm, headsets only if more than 16. The max for both is 26. The lack of headsets concerns me and I wondered if anyone had used them for those other two ports, particularly Berlin.

Thanks!

• 1 year later...

I am pleased to hear such positive reports on TJ .....we will be taking their two day tour in St Petersburg on May 5th and 6th and also the one in Stockholm. the other ports we plan to do on our own.....I will update our experience.....So looking forward to this.

eclue:cool:

I have booked their tour in SPB and also Berlin. Now I am reading that the subway stop is not valuable if they stop at a new station and not one of the old elaborate ones. Also that the market stop is not great either. Those two stops are one reason I chose TJ tours.

Anyone have any knowledge about this?

I have booked their tour in SPB and also Berlin. Now I am reading that the subway stop is not valuable if they stop at a new station and not one of the old elaborate ones. Also that the market stop is not great either. Those two stops are one reason I chose TJ tours.

Are you talking about in SPB? I’m pretty sure they would take you to one of the nice ones. You can ask though, they are friendly. What do you mean about the market?

The Kuznechny Market is most probably the market that you will visit. I do not find it interesting and the prices are quite high - I much prefer the markets in the Med. You can read the reviews of this market on TripAdvisor: https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g298507-d10737291-Reviews-Kuznechny_Market-St_Petersburg_Northwestern_District.html

I don't know which subway station you will visit but most have quite elaborate interiors.