First timer on Monarch...several questions

Hi!:D

These boards are quite full of valueable info and I'm a definite "researcher"...but my eyes are getting tired! LOL!

Can you wonderful folks please give me a bit of a rundown on the "extras" pricing?

We probably won't do a soda package because we don't drink enough of it to justify the $$ but will buy a few here and there. Depending on price I might buy the juice package but I don't know how much it is yet.

We're doing a four night Bahamas cruise in August.

So what can I expect to pay for the average beer/wine/cocktails, Ben & Jerry's or other treats for the two kids (9 and 6), an iced latte if I'm in the mood...

Also maybe one or two of the family photos they will take.

Shore excursions are another story but I've been able to get clearer price points researching those so I'm mainly looking for on board costs.

We always have our own motrin/sunblock/cold meds/tummy meds/band aid etc when we travel so I don't anticipating any of those types of items.

Thanks SO MUCH in advance for the help!

I should add it will be me, Hubby, and the aforementioned kiddies.

A can of soda runs about $2.25-$2.50.....about what hotels charge. You get 2 glasses of soda from 1 can. I believe the fountain soda package is in the $7+ range for adults, per night.

Drinks included in your fare will be: ice water, tea, coffee, lemonade, milk and juice at breakfast.

Beer starts around $4 and goes up, depending on brand....mixed drinks will start around $5.50 and up....and wine....overpriced IMO...$8-9 per glass.

A guidebook can give you the info to totally do without "excursions" for most things...worth taking the time to research your ports!

Thanks!

Anyone have general price info on places like Ben & Jerry's? What else might my kids be begging for on board that runs extra $$?

No Ben &Jerry's, but there is a self-serve icecream machine next to the pizza place upstairs from the Windjammer.

The coffee shop is Latte-tudes on deck 5 or 6, and they have free cookies & brownies. They may also do icecream, butsince we don't I'm not sure where that would be.

No Ben &Jerry's, but there is a self-serve icecream machine next to the pizza place upstairs from the Windjammer.

The coffee shop is Latte-tudes on deck 5 or 6, and they have free cookies & brownies. They may also do icecream, butsince we don't I'm not sure where that would be.

Thanks, good info. I swear i saw B&J advertised but that must just be on certains ships.

Anyone know what the photos run?

Thanks, good info. I swear i saw B&J advertised but that must just be on certains ships.

Anyone know what the photos run?

There is a Ben and Jerry's in the same area as Seattle's Best in the shops area. Cost is around 3.00 a scoop.

There is a Ben and Jerry's in the same area as Seattle's Best in the shops area. Cost is around 3.00 a scoop.

I think it's all part of the same space. Lattetudes one end and B&J on the other.

I just got off the Monarch in May and believe me, there is a Ben and Jerry's right next to Latte-tudes on Deck 5.

Here is a link to the Bar menu. You can pay an extra $2.50 and keep the glass, some of them are really nice. They also have after dinner shooters for $7.50 that I became especially fond of, you keep those glasses also.

http://www.scribd.com/sguindon/d/33759184-RCL-Explorer-of-the-Seas-Bar-Menu#archive

I love the Monarch, the crew is fantastic.

Archived