Riviera Questions??? - Concierge value??

KCSungirl

Can I have an adult beverage delivered to my lounge in this area?

There is no cocktail service up there, but non alcoholic drinks were occasionally distributed from a rolling trolley by gentlemen who appeared to be the Spa Porters.

• 4 weeks later...
I'm very surprised that no one has mentioned access to the Thalassotherapy Pool and Spa Deck when discussing the merits of Concierge Cabins, to me that would be a much more important amenity than either the Concierge Lounge or the cashmere lap throws.

234402.jpg070254.jpg

Wow! It would be worth it, today I was told that it was only for ph and above when I called O. ..

Wow! It would be worth it, today I was told that it was only for ph and above when I called O. ..

Sorry, but that is incorrect information.

"Complimentary, unlimited access to the Spa Deck" is listed as a Concierge amenity for BOTH the R ships AND the O Class, so it is not a misprint.

Don't take my word for it, check for yourself On the Oceania Website.

First click on "Explore Ships" (then choose any ship), then "Suites and Staterooms", and finally "Veranda".

My husband is drooling over all of the topless women he can watch throughout the ports. I told him that I can leave him in Ibiza with some young honey and I will take the money.

I'm hoping you can gently get your husband to dial down his expectations. I realize folks think exclusively of perky 20-years olds decorating topless beaches; however, the reality is somewhat different. There are plenty of women "of a certain age" whose perky days are well in their past. They're used to sunning topless and simply don't care to change that practice in spite of the obvious.

There is no cocktail service up there, but non alcoholic drinks were occasionally distributed from a rolling trolley by gentlemen who appeared to be the Spa Porters.

Would you be allowed to bring a beer or cocktail in with you, or is alcohol just not allowed at all?

I'm hoping you can gently get your husband to dial down his expectations. I realize folks think exclusively of perky 20-years olds decorating topless beaches; however, the reality is somewhat different. There are plenty of women "of a certain age" whose perky days are well in their past. They're used to sunning topless and simply don't care to change that practice in spite of the obvious.

You are sooo right

LOL

Would you be allowed to bring a beer or cocktail in with you, or is alcohol just not allowed at all?

125310.jpg

It is a long enough walk (not to mention the doors that must be opened) TO the front of the ship from the nearest bar, or stateroom, that carrying a drink in would be quite awkward.

065521.jpg

The Spa Deck is lovely, but not so very different from the lounge areas around the "regular" pool, where drinking is actively encouraged and the waiter service superb, that I'd ever bother.

Wendy, we found that we primarily used the Spa deck for the Thalassothereapy pool, and pretty much limited ourselves to 20 minutes of a half-hour in the bubbly water. We like the pool deck more for just sitting out; it's more fun to people watch and have friends drop by. Plus, the BIG plus about the main pool is there are actual steps to walk down into it -- no ladders to climb. The ceramic bench at one end of the pool is heated by warm water flowing under it; try it! The hot tubs feel very much like the therapy pool up front. I don't know if Oceania adds minerals to the T-therapy pool water like I found on Celebrity Mercury.

Archived