New Years Eve cruise

So I got to thinking about doing a New Years Eve cruise on the Explorer out of Bayonne next December. I have a few questions, if anyone has done a NYE cruise, I'd love some information.

I'm looking at the itinerary, and it looks a little confusing.

Dec. 31 Port Canaveral, Florida from 1pm to 11pm

Janury 1 Nassau, Bahamas from 2 pm to 11:59

So we would be at sea at midnight on New Years Eve. But we leave Nassau at 11:59 on New Years Day? Is that a typo??

Other than that, is a New Years Eve cruise a great time? Hubby and I are not HUGE drinkers or party people, but I think this would be fun. Any info would be great. :)

You are looking at December 2013 - correct? Yes you will be at sea when Midnight strikes Dec 31.

We are booked this year and will be at sea all day on Dec 31 - went last year and it was the same. New years eve party held in promenade and of course all the bars etc. Was too cold to be outside up on deck.

It was a fun time and nice break after all the holidays. If I can help with any questions - LMK

Prices for this year 2012 are excellent!

It sounds great but book it being mindful that you might not get optimal weather. I remember reading a review of EOS's NYE sailing this past year and they only had a couple of warm days.

That said, I'd do it in a heartbeat. (I'm already booked on an NYE sailing though :p )

I've noticed that it's over $1000 cheaper for hubby and I to go this New Years eve rather than wait for next year...

Something to think about...... :D

Wow, the prices on this years NYE cruise are cheap. I can get a balcony guarantee for 3 for $2600 which is really strange since most guarantees are only offered for 2.

I've noticed that it's over $1000 cheaper for hubby and I to go this New Years eve rather than wait for next year...

Something to think about...... :D

Excellent Senior - Military - Police discounts as well and there is a C & A coupon however it expires end of this month

It sounds great but book it being mindful that you might not get optimal weather. I remember reading a review of EOS's NYE sailing this past year and they only had a couple of warm days.

That said, I'd do it in a heartbeat. (I'm already booked on an NYE sailing though :p )

This is quite true, last year weather was only good a couple of days as far as warm - we still had a great time and are doing it again this year.

We did the NYE cruise on Monarch December 2011. It was wonderful! We were in Nassau on NYE and left around 5pm. Captain anchored outside of Nassau and we saw the fireworks from the pool deck at midnight. Monarch had a great band (I think it was Regina and the Hell Cats) and we danced and partied. There was plenty of champagne and a midnight buffet. We liked it so much we are book on Jewel of the Seas NYE cruise this year. It was not cold at midnight on the pool deck. Maybe a little breeze.

We will be on Liberty of the Seas cruise leaving Fort Lauderdale on New Years Eve. It will be the 2nd time we have gone on a cruise that left New Years Eve. We expect the same festive time on LOS as our 1st cruise. That 1st one was on Carnival and while it was cold but they did have the countdown outside on Lido deck where they had iced up the hot tubs and put champagne bottles in them. About 11:30 they started serving champagne in glasses. Eventually, they started handing us full bottles of champagne because very few people showed for the outdoor party.

Archived