Formal nights for the Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan cruise

luvtwotrvl

I just hate it when someone who is a real asset to this board has a question that hangs out there, with no replies.

Unfortunately, I've tossed my daily programs from that cruise (it was two years ago!), and don't remember when the formal nights were. So I can't be of much help.

But perhaps my regretful post will bring some attention from someone who does have the answer for you.

Good luck.

And have a great time in The Great Land!

Can anyone tell me which nights to expect formal on the 14 day Amsterdam 14 day Alaskan cruise?
We did the 14-day Alaska on Amsterdam last season in Sept 2011. Here's what we had for formal and specialty dining:

Day 2 - At Sea - Formal

Day 4 - Tracy Arm - Cellar Master Lunch

Day 6 - Icy Strait Point- Le Cirque at PG

Day 7 - At Sea - Formal

Day 10 - Kodiak - Formal

Day 11 - Hubbard Glacier - Cellar Master Dinner

Day 12 - Sitka - Le Cirque at PG

Day 13 - At Sea - Formal - B/W Ball

Of course, the schedule may be different this season so YMMV! This is an exceptional itinerary and I'm sure you'll love it.

David - John & I will be on the very last 14-night Amsterdam sailing in mid-September. As a HAL regular, you likely already know that the norm is 2 formal nights per 7 days, so we should have 4. :)

Just guessing here - but there are enough sea & scenic cruising days so that we likely won't have formal nights on port days. I'm guessing they could be any of these:

• Night #2 - Vancouver Island scenic cruising
  • Night #4 - Tracy Arm scenic cruising
  • Night #7 - Sea Day
  • Night #11 - Hubbard Glacier scenic cruising
  • Night #13 - Final Sea Day

Again, these are only guesses, but this is what makes sense to me & what has typically happened on previous cruises. :o

Have a fabulous voyage! :):)

We did the 14-day Alaska on Amsterdam last season in Sept 2011. Here's what we had for formal and specialty dining:

Day 2 - At Sea - Formal

Day 4 - Tracy Arm - Cellar Master Lunch

Day 6 - Icy Strait Point- Le Cirque at PG

Day 7 - At Sea - Formal

Day 10 - Kodiak - Formal

Day 11 - Hubbard Glacier - Cellar Master Dinner

Day 12 - Sitka - Le Cirque at PG

Day 13 - At Sea - Formal - B/W Ball

Of course, the schedule may be different this season so YMMV! This is an exceptional itinerary and I'm sure you'll love it.

That was the same schedule we had in June 2011.

This year I understand there will only be one Le Cirque dinner -- the evening of Sitka.

Good to know KK, I was figuring on 2 Le Cirque dinner. Thanks for the information.

I was surprised when I pulled up my reservation a couple of months ago and saw under dining that there was only 1 Le Cirque dinner as compared to last year.

Who knows -- maybe it will change once we are on the ship.

HA - I just asked this question ***** another post as I didn't see this one - We are on the June 29th sailing. Le Cirque is on Day 10 in Kodiak which we have reservations for... wondering if they plan to change the formal night or if Le Cirque and formal night are the same...

Archived