Oasis sofa bed

We are sailing next year on Oasis. We are in a Junior Suite with our 3 year old daughter, who will be sleeping on the sofa bed. There is no way we are putting her in one of the pull down racks.

Does anyone have any pics of the sofabeds made up for sleeping in??

Cheers for reading! ;)

First, find out if your room has a pull down bunk; many do not. Second, make sure you ask for a rail that will protect the child from fallinng out of the bed. Our son on of our first cruises almost fell out of the upper bunk.

I don't have a picture but the sofa bed looks like regular sofa bed opened up.

I might suggest, since your daughter is so young, to have the steward simply make up the sofa as is without opening it. The sofas are so low to the carpeted floor that if she did slide out, it would not be unsafe. If you are really worried, pull the chair over near the side of the sofa even though I think that is overkill. With this arrangement the access to the balcony is not disrupted during the evening/am, etc.

We had the same scenario last Dec., with our daughter on the sofa bed in a JS.

It was awesome. I swear it was the size of a Queen bed and very comfy.

There was so much room in the suite that the cabin steward just left it down and made for the whole week.

That suited us just fine and with a 3 yr. old that might want to nap, it would work very well.

The room also has a curtain that separates the room. It runs the full width of the room, so that was awesome for us.

We loved it so much that we're in the exact same room this Dec.

I don't have a picture but the sofa bed looks like regular sofa bed opened up.

I might suggest, since your daughter is so young, to have the steward simply make up the sofa as is without opening it. The sofas are so low to the carpeted floor that if she did slide out, it would not be unsafe. If you are really worried, pull the chair over near the side of the sofa even though I think that is overkill. With this arrangement the access to the balcony is not disrupted during the evening/am, etc.

We were on Freedom last year in a Jnr Suite and i remember looking at the sofa that was just a sofa in the room and thought that i could spin it through 90 degrees and it would be along side the bed and that would do the trick.

We had the same scenario last Dec., with our daughter on the sofa bed in a JS.

It was awesome. I swear it was the size of a Queen bed and very comfy.

There was so much room in the suite that the cabin steward just left it down and made for the whole week.

That suited us just fine and with a 3 yr. old that might want to nap, it would work very well.

The room also has a curtain that separates the room. It runs the full width of the room, so that was awesome for us.

We loved it so much that we're in the exact same room this Dec.

As i said in a previous reply, we thought the sofa itself would do but our TA said Rccl wouldn't put us in a room without a rack or a sofa bed with a child over 2. Personally i think that is nonsense! It's surely up to a paying parent where they put there children down to sleep so long it's not on the balcony!! lol

We had to settle for a cabin on a lower deck because of this, which is no big deal but it cuts the cabin options to very little for us which is a pain if this is indeed the poicy of Rccl. And our TA is my DW's sister!! So it wasn't some sales crap.

As i said in a previous reply, we thought the sofa itself would do but our TA said Rccl wouldn't put us in a room without a rack or a sofa bed with a child over 2. Personally i think that is nonsense! It's surely up to a paying parent where they put there children down to sleep so long it's not on the balcony!! lol

We had to settle for a cabin on a lower deck because of this, which is no big deal but it cuts the cabin options to very little for us which is a pain if this is indeed the poicy of Rccl. And our TA is my DW's sister!! So it wasn't some sales crap.

I'm sure it was because of RCI's occupancy policy. Cabins must be designated for 3/4 passengers , and those will only be cabins with a pullman or a sofa sleeper.

I'm sure it was because of RCI's occupancy policy. Cabins must be designated for 3/4 passengers , and those will only be cabins with a pullman or a sofa sleeper.

you could well be right

We had the same issue. The inside cabin choices were extremely limited when I booked for myself, DH, and the baby. We had to book a room that had the upper pullmans even though she won't be sleeping in the upper bunks. Also, the price for these rooms were several hundred dollars higher then a room that would occupy just 2 people.

We had the same issue. The inside cabin choices were extremely limited when I booked for myself, DH, and the baby. We had to book a room that had the upper pullmans even though she won't be sleeping in the upper bunks. Also, the price for these rooms were several hundred dollars higher then a room that would occupy just 2 people.

Exactly!! We are like you, theres no way a child who still sleeps in a cot should indeed be expected to sleep in a rack. Guarded or not!!

I know it's still unlikely that she would need to go in it, we would just ask for a pack and play but it's just another flaw in rccl's policy's that are turning us off!

I think the rule about having an actual bed for each occupant is to keep track of the number of souls onboard. If they start booking folks into cabins without enough beds for every body, they may lose track of how many are onboard....it's a safety/lifeboat issue. You don't have to use the beds.....but there needs to be a bed for each person.

I think the rule about having an actual bed for each occupant is to keep track of the number of souls onboard. If they start booking folks into cabins without enough beds for every body, they may lose track of how many are onboard....it's a safety/lifeboat issue. You don't have to use the beds.....but there needs to be a bed for each person.

I don't think it has anything to do with keeping track of the number of people on board. I think it has to do with staffing the room service equally. I think the pullman bed rooms are spread out on the ship so the people with kids have "options." It is easier to have one rule with no exceptions than to say well if the 3rd party is younger, smaller, or shorter than they can book a room for 2. I think the cruise line also reserves the right to move a cabin with 2 if they book a room that holds 3 or more. I wonder if these cabins are priced higher to encourage people to buy multiple cabins, but that seems like a bad decision since they supposedly always sell out of cabins. They would make more money by having more people in cabins. More people on the ship means more money on excursions, food, and beverages.

Archived