AQ1 deck 11 vs sweet-sixteen (Infinity)

SeaGal

I am currently booked in a sweet-sixteen cabin on Infinity. The price for one of the new AQ1 cabins on deck 11 (not an aft – they are all booked) has dropped to within $100pp of our current cabin and I am tempted to make the change and am seeking advice.

We would like to try Blu and have free access to the Persian Gardens, but wonder if the balcony will be satisfactory. I am happy as long as I get some sun on the balcony and it looks like the port and starboard AQs on deck 11 have a short cover, unlike the AQ cabins on deck 9. I hear getting a lounger for the sweet-sixteen is hit and miss, so I am not expecting one, which somewhat negates the advantage of the large balcony.

How do the cabins compare in size? The Celebrity web site lists the AQ1 cabin as 195 sq ft with a 54 sq ft balcony. My current 2C is listed as 170 sq ft/38 sq ft veranda (obviously this is not correct for a sweet-sixteen veranda). Is the AQ1 cabin really bigger? I trust the CC community for accurate information and would like your feedback. I did read one post where the guest thought their AQ balcony seemed smaller than a standard veranda. I also think the AQ bathroom will be nicer with the upgraded shower, but is the bathroom any larger?

Another small concern is motion. Would there be much difference between deck 6 forward and deck 11 aft?

What else should I consider in making this decision? Thanks in advance for your help!

Without question, go for the AQ on Deck 11. They are brand new cabins, and larger than the 2C's. Just to dine in Blu would be well worth it. The AQ showers and shower heads are just wonderful. Go for it!!! Forget about the Sweet 16 balcony. You go down one flight of stairs back aft and you have the entire Sunset Bar balcony if sun means that much to you.

We had Cabin 1113 on the Infinity in April 2012. It was a brand new cabin with plenty of room. We had some rough weather and Deck 11 Aft was no worse than anywhere else on the ship. We like Aqua class so we can eat in Blu - well worth it

Without question, go for the AQ on Deck 11. They are brand new cabins, and larger than the 2C's. Just to dine in Blu would be well worth it. The AQ showers and shower heads are just wonderful. Go for it!!! Forget about the Sweet 16 balcony. You go down one flight of stairs back aft and you have the entire Sunset Bar balcony if sun means that much to you.

I couldnt agree more... was just on Summit in Aqua 1128 Starboard near aft, and loved it so much for ALL the reasons WINE-O states above and much more (like BLU...which in my view is as close to specialty dining w/o the extra fee)...The only drawback that I could possibly think of was the size of the smaller balcony.. but I still had plenty of room to hang my travel hammock and relax in the morning sun or afternoon shade.. It was so great we just booked AQUA 11 on the Summit Repo for next April..Still couldnt get one of those 5 large AFT balconies..but am wait-listed if one opens over the next 7 months..

After cruising the Summit and Connie in a sweet 16 cabin, we LOVED it. We are in AQ on the Eclipse in April, so we can't truly compare the amenities. However, the AQ cabins on the Summit don't seem to be in desirable locations. If you want it for the balcony, I would go with the sweet 16. If you want it for amenities, go for AQ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We were on Aqua on deck 9 in Feb the 2nd day of cruise we booked our next cruise I wanted Aft balcony DH and I did not care at that point if we were in AQ are not at that point the future booked us on deck 8 aft as non on deck 11 available by the end of the cruise we were so spoiled by Blu both food and service that on the last day of cruise we went and switched to AQ we didn't care about giving up Aft balcony luckily we got home and 1140 opened up and we were able to switch.

The Aqua class cabin is 20 sq. ft. larger than the 2C inside. The 2C veranda is larger. Where do you like the space? Both cabins are not in the best location. Sweet 16 are way forward. AQ class is either aft or deck 9 which is noisy. My preference would be neither. A cabin midship on deck 7 or 8 is the best.

AQ and cc cabins on the m class ships are 20sf larger & contrary to redtravel, not all sweet 16 cabins are forward, some are near aft (eg 6135, 6136, 6144 or 6143.). C3 cabins are in less desirable locations. Unless you are going to Alaska (where cover from rain is good & little pool activity) deck 9 AQ cabins will have some noise at times from deck 10 above. Blu is well worth the extra money, having just tried it on the Millie.

AQ and cc cabins on the m class ships are 20sf larger & contrary to redtravel, not all sweet 16 cabins are forward, some are near aft (eg 6135, 6136, 6144 or 6143.). C3 cabins are in less desirable locations. Unless you are going to Alaska (where cover from rain is good & little pool activity) deck 9 AQ cabins will have some noise at times from deck 10 above. Blu is well worth the extra money, having just tried it on the Millie.

Those are C1 cabins. The Sweet 16 cabins are all 2C cabins and are the forward most balconies - 8 on the port side, and 8 on the starboard side = 16. They all have large balconies (2X the normal size), thus they are called "Sweet 16."

I couldnt agree more... was just on Summit in Aqua 1128 Starboard near aft, and loved it so much for ALL the reasons WINE-O states above and much more (like BLU...which in my view is as close to specialty dining w/o the extra fee)...The only drawback that I could possibly think of was the size of the smaller balcony.. but I still had plenty of room to hang my travel hammock and relax in the morning sun or afternoon shade.. It was so great we just booked AQUA 11 on the Summit Repo for next April..Still couldnt get one of those 5 large AFT balconies..but am wait-listed if one opens over the next 7 months..

Where did you purchase your travel hammock? That might solve the problem of no recliners on the balcony.

This has been said before. but the value of Blu is worth more then a larger balcony. I do enjoy looking at the sea- but you can do so from a variety of levels on the ship and sit and enjoy the wake- But the MDR doesn't compare to dining in blu. As many before me have said- go for the Aqua Class cabin.

Enjoy.

You are right, the sweet 16 cabins refer only to the 2C cabins. There are however, special cabins in each catagory with larger balconies or larger space as posted in Conde Naste & others such as he cabins I referred to. Others are

2A 8161, 8146,(now Aq 9173, 9138, etc.

There also are special cabins on deck 8 & 7 towards the back, too numerous to list here.

Where did you purchase your travel hammock? That might solve the problem of no recliners on the balcony.

I have had it for a while now and have taken it on my last 10 cruises..

Photo here https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=3696974871969&set=o.181328001916786&type=1&ref=nf

Is actually from a Carnival cruise

I remember purchasing it in a store in chelsea in Manhattan but don't recall the name..but this one on Amazon looks amazingly similar http://www.amazon.com/NEW-Ultralight-Included-Portable-Backpacking/dp/B002ZL0AUM/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1339979516&sr=8-2&keywords=travel+hammock

Except mine is orange and brand name is "Ticket to the Moon". I got a couple of those S hooks and was always able to find somewhere to hang them with the included rope on either side of the balcony and never had a problem..and I am about 250lb.

You are right, the sweet 16 cabins refer only to the 2C cabins. There are however, special cabins in each catagory with larger balconies or larger space as posted in Conde Naste & others such as he cabins I referred to. Others are

2A 8161, 8146,(now Aq 9173, 9138, etc.

There also are special cabins on deck 8 & 7 towards the back, too numerous to list here.

According to the deck plans, 9173 and 9138 are 2B staterooms. 9043 and 9038 are AQ with larger balconies.

I don't know how to post a link but if you do 'search this forum' and enter 1102 you will find pics I posted of the overhang. It's great on Deck 11 (completely different than deck 9). Nice and bright. Room felt just barely larger than a C2 but we loved the light. Balcony is definitely smaller (we've had 6144 before) but perfectly adequate. Loved location in back - pop down to bar or buffet and then we'd bring it back to room. New shower heads are great (or the "car wash" as we call them). Doors did leak and floor got wet as reported by others but we just learned to pick up the carpet and throw a towel down so not a big deal. Personally, would absolutely pick one of the new deck 11 rooms and Blu again. Also - we thought it was very quiet back there and noted no unusual motion but had fairly calm seas overall.

Archived