Cruising out of Miami Flying into FLL

Patgo

Cruisisng out of Miami in September. Flying into Fort Lauderdale the day beafore the cruise.

so you stay in Fort Lauderdale near the airport and use cruise line shuttle to the port the day of the cruise or do you get to Miami the day prior and stay the night in Miami.

How do you get from FLL to Miami on your own the day prior to a cruise?

Many questions I know but I am a little confused as to what to do. Much cheaper to fly into FLL as we are coming from Boston or Providence.

Thanks for you help,

Hi,

if you do a little search, you will find many similar situations and different options.

In my case I / we flew to Fll because our flight was priced lower to fly to Fll . We took a shuttle ( there are few componies that many of the cruisers recommend - SAS, Quality Limo and others) from Fll to POM - it was about 15 dol p/p . On the way back from POM - shuttle again at 15 p/p.

Some people stay in Fll area and some stay in Miami area - depends what deal they find on hotels and what they want to do or see.

The ride from Fll area to POM is about 45 minutes, that is longer than a ride from the Miami ( airport or hotel) area but not a huge difference.

We saved some money by using the Fll instead of Mia.

Enjoy your cruise.

Your choice to stay in FLL or Miami, FLL often cheaper option. I wouldn't use the cruiseline shuttle. SAS, QLS and others offer reliable service from FLL to Miami. When using SAS ($15pp) they are a Ft. Lauderdale company and service the FLL airport and airport area hotels. You can also book SAS from POM to FLL post-cruise. I'd make sure whoever you choose will pick-up at your hotel in FLL.

Will these shuttle companies pick you up at the POM and bring yo to FLL airport on disembarkation day.

Do you book them ahead of time or are they just there as say a taxi? Or do you use cruise shuttle to get back to FLL airport on the day you are flying home?

It seems cheaper to do it on your own and probably a lot less waiting around time.

I am more concerned about getting back to FLL airport to fly home the day we get off the ship. Any more information on that end.

Hi,

yes the shuttle companies do pick you up at the POM and take you back to Fll airport.

In my case it was the Quality Limo. I made all the reservations ahead of time.

They gave me their phone number to call when I was ready for them.

On the disembarkation day I called them as soon as I knew when I will be done with the Immigration and Customs. They told me where to meet them and they were there when I was ready.

I have heard and read good things about SAS and other companies as well.

Will these shuttle companies pick you up at the POM and bring yo to FLL airport on disembarkation day.

Do you book them ahead of time or are they just there as say a taxi? Or do you use cruise shuttle to get back to FLL airport on the day you are flying home?

It seems cheaper to do it on your own and probably a lot less waiting around time.

I am more concerned about getting back to FLL airport to fly home the day we get off the ship. Any more information on that end.

We had pre-arranged with www.ridesas.com to pick us up at POM and take us to the FLL airport...They will give you a phone# to call as you pickup your luggage..we waited no more than 10-15 min..Very easy and great dependable service.

I live in Mass so understand the flights are expensive from here. I am flying into FLL for my November cruise and usually stay in Miami so I'm closer to the port for the morning of the cruise. This time though, I'm staying in Hollywood, FL and getting transported the morning of the cruise by Quality Limo.

If you stay in Fort Lauderdale, what is the earliest the shuttles will pick you up? We like to get to the port early and have heard that the shuttles will not pick up as early as we may like.

If you stay in Fort Lauderdale, what is the earliest the shuttles will pick you up? We like to get to the port early and have heard that the shuttles will not pick up as early as we may like.

If you arrange for a private shuttle (http://www.ridesas.com as an example) they will pick you up and take you to the port at the time you have booked with them..We were picked up at FLL at approx 7:30am (redeye arrival time) and taken to the POM for our cruise..and were the first in line.

If you arrange for a private shuttle (http://www.ridesas.com as an example) they will pick you up and take you to the port at the time you have booked with them..We were picked up at FLL at approx 7:30am (redeye arrival time) and taken to the POM for our cruise..and were the first in line.

I contacted SAS for my transport in November and they told me they are a shared ride and do not do private shuttles and that they don't start picking up from FLL hotels until 11am. QLS does do private shuttles but you have to pay for the whole van ($125) to get it. QLS shared rides start at 10-10:30am.

I thinking since you arrived so early, you were able to get a private ride to the port since they were probably headed there anyway to pick up passengers coming home.

I am going to use SAS I believe the day prior to the cruise and have them bring me to a Miami hotel and then just go to the POM whenever we want via taxi. I will book SAS to pick us up after the cruise and bring us to FLL airport.

Does that work?

We are doing the same thing. We are leaving early FEB to fly into Ft Lauderdale and stay in either one. WE just take the shuttle back from Carnival. They take us back to Miami with no problems. Just trying to figure out the shuttle and hotel one way. We are leaving from PVD, really Warwick . SW only flies into FT Lauderdale and no Miami.

I just looked at their website. It says they are a FT lauderdale based company. Cannot offer rides to Miami at all. Is that right?

The can't pick you up at a Miami address and take you to POM or anywhere in Miami -- they can (and are very popular for :cool:) transporting passengers from the FLL area to POM and also from POM back to FLL after a cruise.

Good luck! :)

I have been calling places for the past few weeks. I finally found one that is called Shuttle 16 ..He said he could pick us up from FT lauderdale and take us to Miami hotel. They also do private shuttles. His name was Cornelle. He was actually the nicest one I had. He also said if we have a few different parties booking, he will give us a better rate. The rest of them were crazy. His phone number is 305-328-8503 tell him Esther sent you. Please let me know if anyone uses him. Maybe we can all get a good rate. Waiting to find my hotel first. The last ones had no ne that would take us there.

I have been calling places for the past few weeks. I finally found one that is called Shuttle 16 ..He said he could pick us up from FT lauderdale and take us to Miami hotel. They also do private shuttles. His name was Cornelle. He was actually the nicest one I had. He also said if we have a few different parties booking, he will give us a better rate. The rest of them were crazy. His phone number is 305-328-8503 tell him Esther sent you. Please let me know if anyone uses him. Maybe we can all get a good rate. Waiting to find my hotel first. The last ones had no ne that would take us there.

I emailed him regarding transport for my November cruise from Hollywood, FL hotel to POM and he gave me a great rate for a private shuttle. I haven't seen him mentioned on the boards here so I'm hoping someone comes and lets us know if they used him and how their experience was. I love to save money but leary of being stuck at my hotel without a ride :(

I talked to someone yesteday am . They had told me they used shuttle 16 and loved it. I am trying to see if I can find anyone else that has used them. They said they are great and on time. When I called and talked to Cornelle yesterday, he told me if we have enough people using them, we can all get better rates. Just make sure you tell him Esther sent you. I like the idea of a private shuttle. Last time I did one here a couple years ago, we waited almost 2 hours for the shuttle. Then we had another hour and a half riding aroung. By the time we got to Miami, it was almost supper time. I wasn't happy with them. I put them in my folder to forget. I am trying to find their name. I am not using them again. Need to keep better records of all our places and what we use. I am using Shuttle 16 as soon as I get my hotel booked. Keep changing my mind where to stay in FEb. We are coming from RI to FLL . Cruising out of Miami.

If you stay in FLL, you may find a less expensive hotel. I also recommend you check into renting a car. Hertz has a downtown location near POM and a shuttle to take you to and from their office and POM. Last winter, we got a small car for about $30 with no one way drop off fee. I plan to do the same for the next cruise, since having the car gave us the freedom to do a little running around for the things we forgot or didn't bring due to airline restrictions.

It also means you can be on your own schedule instead of someone else's. Look for coupons through your credit card or organization memberships to bring the price down.

I found after weeks of checking everything, it was cheaper in the long run to fly into Ft Lauderdale and find a way to Miami. Otherwise it was more money to fly into Ft Lauderdale and stay there. Then the next day, find a ride to Miami. I checked over 3 dozen hotels the parking fee was $18.00 to $38.00 a nite. That is crazy. I finally found a hotel that I checked in a couple dozen sites.

I talked to someone yesteday am . They had told me they used shuttle 16 and loved it. I am trying to see if I can find anyone else that has used them. They said they are great and on time. When I called and talked to Cornelle yesterday, he told me if we have enough people using them, we can all get better rates. Just make sure you tell him Esther sent you. I like the idea of a private shuttle. Last time I did one here a couple years ago, we waited almost 2 hours for the shuttle. Then we had another hour and a half riding aroung. By the time we got to Miami, it was almost supper time. I wasn't happy with them. I put them in my folder to forget. I am trying to find their name. I am not using them again. Need to keep better records of all our places and what we use. I am using Shuttle 16 as soon as I get my hotel booked. Keep changing my mind where to stay in FEb. We are coming from RI to FLL . Cruising out of Miami.

Shuttle 16 gave me a great rate but wants payment in full to reserve. With 5 months to wait, I prefer not to pay up front. I did find one review online at Yelp I think and it wasn't good so I'm thinking I will stick with QLS for now and hopefully more people will come here with Shuttle 16 Reviews.

• 2 months later...
If you stay in FLL, you may find a less expensive hotel. I also recommend you check into renting a car. Hertz has a downtown location near POM and a shuttle to take you to and from their office and POM. Last winter, we got a small car for about $30 with no one way drop off fee. I plan to do the same for the next cruise, since having the car gave us the freedom to do a little running around for the things we forgot or didn't bring due to airline restrictions.

It also means you can be on your own schedule instead of someone else's. Look for coupons through your credit card or organization memberships to bring the price down.

Do you remember the location of Hertz that is near the Port of Miami? I think that sounds like a great option for us. I'm trying to get a quote but since I don't know what location to plug in, I'm not able to get an accurate price. Thank you!

Archived