Allure Upgrade

I'm on the Allure July 1 and just received an upgrade from a large interior to a Board Walk D2 balcony cabin 9297. I'm thrilled and wondered if anyone has had one of these cabins.

Is it loud at night? Can you see the ocean and aqua theatre from the balcony?

I would appreciate any feed back

you provide.

Thanks!

Lindy

We just got back and had a boardwalk balcony, 14321. Yes, you have a good view of the Aqua Theater and the ocean behind the ship. It does get loud, but when the glass door is closed it is not bad. You will love it.

I'm on the Allure July 1 and just received an upgrade from a large interior to a Board Walk D2 balcony cabin 9297. I'm thrilled and wondered if anyone has had one of these cabins.

you provide.

Thanks!

Lindy

9297 is a B2

Congratulations...I'd consider that a big step up from an inside. Fresh air. People watching. I was on deck 12 near the back and could hear the aqua theater shows in my cabin...not too loud nor too terribly late. You are lower and at the other end, so your noise sources may be different. People's opinion of the noise level varies...maybe some doors seal better. It is always best to pack earplugs as any cabin can be noisy (like crying baby or loud adults next door). Some people like a white noise machine.

The view of the aqua theater is better if you are further aft, of course. Right now, I do not see any other available B2 cabins...watch though...one you like better could open up.

I had 9305 on Oasis as a Guaranteed Boardwalk Balcony deal. It is a few cabins closer to the Aqua Theater from yours. Standing out on the balcony there was a good view of the Aqua Theater and of the ocean behind it. Watched the Oasis of Dreams show a 2nd time from the balcony after seeing it in the Aqua Theater the first time, and it was interesting to see it from higher up. There is noise, that you can here in a muffled way even with the door shut, but things quiet down nicely around 11 PM. Did not care about that as wasn't planning to sleep before then, but if you were it might be a bit noisy depending on how much that bothers you. Definitely enjoyed the 9th floor Boardwalk Balcony though, and in your case that's a great upgrade from an inside room!

you provide.

Thanks!

Lindy

We do a lot of walking at night, beyond 10pm it isn't that noisy when there isn't a show going on. Other's have reported the balcony door mutes the show noise.

I had a boardwalk balcony on Oasis and will have another on the same Allure sailing you ate on. I agree with everyone else about the noise. The only other thing is that you have to keep your curtains closed if you want privacy as you have people in balconies directly across from you.

OP, you may want to look today at cabin options...you could move up to deck 12 (12295) if you'd like a higher deck. You'd be 2 flights from pool deck and down the hall from the aft "secret" public deck. It might be a little quieter. I like deck 12, but opinions vary...some might like deck nine as it is closer to central park and actual boardwalk. It is nice to have choices...call your travel agent (or cruise line if booked direct) and you can probably change if you wish.

Archived